“Abundance,of smiles hello and most of all is their anything else I could help you with.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
Ranked #51 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

All I can say is on the 22 of Aug my house burned to the ground ,23 of Aug I walk in very un happy with the place that my family was assign to.April never from the day I walked in looking every bit unhappy she smiled and looked me in the eyes and asked how may I help you sir doing my stay she made my wife and two kids feel the same she knew our names greeted us every day with a smile.. That's far beyond being a star 5 hotel to us that's understanding we needed to feel like a family

2 Thank blackmonk9
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Wow... what a terrific compliment... Thank you so much for this terrific review! Reviews like this mean a great deal to us. Thank you for recognizing our entire team for their service, and for recognizing April in particular for her outstanding service and hospitality. I promise I will share your comments with our entire team, and that April will be recognized for taking such great care of you. The greatest compliment we can receive is that you will return again - we sincerely thank you for that! Please hurry back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Banbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

While traveling through Atlanta a year ago, I had a horrible experience with a "non-express" Holiday Inn. Even though I was (still am) a platinum member in their Priority Club, that experience turned me off to the point I refused to stay in another Holiday Inn whether on vacation or business.

So after a year of "getting over it", I happen to have a layover in Atlanta & saw HI had a newer location & it was an Express. I decided to finally give it another and was pleased I did. Grant you it did start off bad but this is my only complaint...the shuttle from the airport is a call on demand, which is great, but their message didn't state that. So if they fix that, I'd have zero complaints.

Shuttle driver was very courteous and arrived in a timely manner once I called for it. I wished I'd got his name. The front desk (Alicia) was fabulous. I was greeted with a smile & my bag of goodies for being a member. My room key & paperwork was already prepared prior to my arrival making my check in quick & painless. The hotel was clean & up-to-date. My room was a king. There was ample space & it was clean with plenty of toiletries. The morning breakfast was good with a nice variety of healthy foods & the usuals. The eating area tables were kept clean. Alicia also booked my shuttle time for return to the airport. The morning driver was just as friendly & timely as the night driver.

I appreciated the folks there & plan to stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Gozz25
Thank you so much for this terrific review and for sharing this with us. A return visit is the highest compliment we can be paid, and we hope you will return again soon. I am sorry that you were not aware that you needed to call for shuttle pickup at the airport, but am delighted that once you did you were very pleased with the service both coming and going from the hotel. I wil share your comments with our entire team, and will be sure Alicia sees the very nice comment about her. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Columbus, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

To be honest, I had gotten so disappointed with Holiday Inns I vowed to never stay at one ever again. This changed when I took a business trip and didn't have a choice at what hotel to choose. Since that stay I am now a faithful customer to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek. From the first person I met April, her professionalism, accommodating demeanor and pleasant attitude was the start in changing my attitude about my stay. Then there was Luther in between shuttle bus runs he kept me engaged in friendly conversation. Ms Tara fulfilled every request an annoying guest, like myself could think of all with a smile and her ending statement, "is there anything else I can do for you ". The deck overlooking the lake was just breathtaking along with the peaceful atmosphere of the entire hotel. This was my third visit (8/21-8/26/2013) and will be my place of residence each time I stay in Atlanta, GA.
Thanks for great hospitality!
Sonya Williams of OH

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sonya H
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
What a fantastic compliment... Thank you so much for this terrific review! We are flatterred that we were able to restore your faith in our great family of hotels. Thank you recognizing our team for their hospitality, and for naming Luther and Tara in particular for taking such great care of you. I promise I will share your comments with our entire team. The greatest compliment we can receive is that you will return again - we sincerely thank you for that! Please hurry back!
Warner Robins, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The price is right, especially if you have some type of travel discount, .ie AAA. I really appreciated the lounge area and the availability of TV screens. The deck out back and the lake provided a relaxing atmosphere. April made the stay more enjoyable by providing excellent customer.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor and get a double
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jevans83
Thank you for staying with us, and thank your this very nice review on the TripAdvisor website. Thank you also for recognizing April at the Front Desk for her service and hospitality. Comments such as this mean a great deal to us and I promise I will share this with April and our team. Please hurry back soon!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had a HORRIBLE experience at this hotel. Walls are paper thin. Spent the first night listening to the neighbors watch tv til midnight then listened to them snore all night. But that wasnt the worst night. The second night we had asked about the status of the room and were told it was going to be kept empty. At midnight a very loud group entered the room and after some discussions with the front desk - who couldnt say for sure if anyone was supposed to be in there and never came to check it out. After our THIRD call to the front desk u had to ask to be moved to a different room. The second room hadnt been used in awhile - down by the ice machine so more noise! - and it smelled dank and musty.
We were offered NOTHING for the inconvenience. No adjustment to the bill. Just two bottled waters and a package of microwave popcorn.
It took 40 minutes for the shuttle driver to pick us up from the airport the first time and the van smelled like either a skunk or someone had been smoking pot!
As for the free breakfast - well its free so I wasnt expecting gourmet but I was seriously underwhelmed by the porrly done offering. We didn't even bother trying to make it to breakfast after the first morning.
April at the front desk was one of the few bright spots.
My sister and I had stopped in Atlanta to spend a few days together after my dad's funeral, trying to salvage a difficult trip. This hotel just depressed us further and we couldnt wait to get home.

3 Thank lorib121
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay. This is not the experience we wish our guests to have, and yours was not a typical experience as evidenced by the other 500 testimonies posted here on TripAdvisor and . I will share your comments with our team so we may learn and grow from them. Thank you for recognizing April at the Front Desk for her hospitality, I know she will appreciate this. Thank you for staying with us and we hope youi will return again in the future.
Warner Robins, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel for a week for work. It was centrally located and close to where I needed to go. When I checked in Alicia was very pleasant.. There were two or three people behind me needing to check in as well, but she was a true professional. Tara took care of me during the week when I had a little issue and at check out and I can't say enough about her! Such an asset to the hotel, a true professional in every sense of the word. Breakfast was always pleasant and the ladies were friendly! The lobby was beautifully decorated and clean, but I was a little disappointed with the cleanliness of my room. There were stains where the previous guest spilled and dirty hand prints on the walls in the bathroom and plaster that had not been painted and the faucet leaked. These things can be corrected, but the staff that I did come in contact with were outstanding.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Renee M
Thank you for your review and comments. We are delighted that your overall experience was a positive one. Thank you also for recognizing Tara and Alicia at the Front Desk for their outstanding hospitality and service. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings in your guest room, I assure you that your comments have been shared with both our Housekeeping and Maintenance departments so we could correct these items and may learn from them to be better. This is not the experience that we want our guests to have. Again, thank you for your comments, and look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful Hotel, very clean & well kept..Hotel staff was very helpful & friendly. April went above and beyond to make are stay comfortably. The Shuttle driver (cosby) was very knowledgeable of the area & very willing & ready to provide service. Breakfast was great but only pork iteams which limited my choices. Overall Holiday Inn CampCreek deserves to be the #1 hotel in Atlanta Ga. Will be back very soon!

2 Thank kjsw1
Wonderful! And thank so much for sharing your experience on the TripAdvisor website! Thank you also for recognizing April and Cosbywho both work so hard to please our guests. I will share your comments with our entire team, and be sure to recognize April and Cosby. Recognition such as yours means a lot and is greatly appreciated. Please return again soon!