When reading the reviews for this hotel, please know that this hotel offers 2,000 rewards points if a guest gives them a 5 score on tripadvisor. When the front desk offered me this during my checkout - I declined. I use tripadvisor faithfully when I make my bookings and I rely on its information to be honest. If people start writing dishonest reviews, the tripadvisor site becomes useless and I don't want that to happen.
WIth that said, here is my honest review of the hotel. It is not a 5, and anyone who gives it a 5 is not being honest. It is at best a 3.
PROS: 1) Staff is very friendly and helpful 2) free WIFI, good connection 3) nice view of creek if you get a room with creek view 4) free shuttle bus from airport
CONS: 1) OLD CARPETS and CLEANING STAFF DOES A POOR JOB - hotel feels old and dingy, especially the carpets. I moved out of a suite on the first floor to a regular queen room on the 4th floor because the suite had bad carpet stains and odor. The suite looked old and worn and not clean. The standard queen room on the 4th floor, which is a cheaper room, was cleaner. Given that this is a new 3 year old hotel, I was surprised at how worn this hotel was 2) there is no eatery or room service, no food at the hotel except breakfast, and hotel is located out in the middle of nowhere with no restaurants in walking distance. You need to take the shuttle to get to any eateries. Hotel tells you that the restaurants are walking distance but, though they are not far in terms of distance, you need to cross a major intersection to get to them and it is not realistic to walk there, especially in the evenings. Though the hotel offers a free shuttle to restaurants, it is inconvenient 3) it is a $38 taxi ride to downtown Atlanta and it takes 30 mins without traffic. 4) HORRIBLE PILLOWS - the pillows are the kind that you get from lowend motels. And poor quality, dingy sheets. 5) breakfast has very limited choices.
In my opinion, this room is not worth the price they charge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Hotel. Opened 2010. Conveniently located, minutes from ATL Hartsfield-Jackson Int'l Airport at the intersection of Camp Creek Parkway & I-285 (exit 2); free airport & local shuttle throughout Camp Creek Marketplace; luxuriously appointed rooms & suites; room views of Princeton Lake or Camp Creek Marketplace; walking distance to over 100 stores, restaurants, services and movie theater; free full hot breakfast daily; free high-speed internet (wired & wireless); indoor heated salt water pool and fitness center; business center; new outdoor lakefront 2,000 sq ft deck; flat screen Hi-Def TVs; microwave, refrigerator and in-room safe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek Hotel Atlanta