Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
Ranked #77 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My daughter and I chose to stay the night here based on its proximity to the airport, its airport shuttle service, and earlier reviews of the the great condition of the hotel.
The room itself was spacious and clean. However, while I think of Holiday Inn Express as catering to the business traveler, this property was inundated with tons of young kids and adolescents, who spent a lot of their time dripping wet (from the nearby pool)running through the lobby.

When I mentioned to the desk clerk that I hoped we'd get a good night's sleep, her voice had a more than a hint of doubt when she said "I hope so...." The rooms, while clean and spacious, had very thin walls and both in our room and all throughout the hallway you could hear televisions blaring, people whooping it up, and kids yelling. I'd have asked for a room on a different floor if there weren't so many kids staying there.I have nothing against kids, but when you have what appeared to be lots of school sports groups, and rooms filled with large groups of very young kids, it can get noisy.
We were there for only one night, so don't know if this was an aberation or it's always this noisy.
Pros: proximity to airport, complimentary modest breakfast buffet, timely shuttle pick up
Cons: Noisy, not a great value.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Therese K
JKJohnsen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2012

Thank you staying with us and thank you for your review. I apolgize that your stay was disturbed by a youth group in the hotel, and I apologize that the Front Desk person was not more proactive in addressing this. We seldom have groups like this in the hotel, and when we do other guests such as yourself should not be assigned to rooms located in the pool & fitness center wing of the hotel. Feedback such as yours is helpful and we wilI address this with our Front Desk team. I assure you your experience was unusual, and we hope you will return again soon!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed there because of a layover in Atlanta. The staff were very nice and we had no issues at all with our room. The hotel looked to be somewhat new, very clean reception area and breakfast area. We stayed there one night on our trip to our final destination and another night on the way back. The first time, the airport shuttle was slow in getting there. But once there the van driver was very pleasant and loaded an unloaded our bags for us. Thank you Lenoard. The second time, the driver never got out of the van to help us load our bags at the airport. On the drive back to the airport, the drive once again helped us with out bags. If your traveling lite this might not be an issue for you. Al in all, this is a very nice hotel. I would recommend it (at least for overnights waiting for flights).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Keon W

Thank you for your nice review and for sharing your experience with us. Thank you also for recognizing Leonard the Shuttle Driver for his outstanding service. I apologize for your experience with one of our other drivers not properly handling your bags for you, and I assure you that this has been addressed with that individual and our entire team. This is not acceptable and will not happen again. Thank you for sharing this with us, and when traveling to Atlanta again I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 16, 2012

My room was nice but suppose to be a non smoking room but smell like smoke. I had no pillow case on my pillows or trash bags in my trash cans.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nashika H
JKJohnsen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

Thank you for your review and for sharing these comments with me. Our entire hotel is 100% non-smoking and has been since opening 2 years ago. No room should be rented that is not 100% clean and ready, including smelling fresh and clean. I apologize that you feel there was a smell in your room upon checkin, and I assure that this, as well the missing pillow-cases at check-in incident, have been addressed seriously with our Housekeeping department. This should not have happened. Thank you for staying with us, and please return soon we may demonstrate to you that this experience was truly an isolated and unusual incident. We pride ourselveson offering exceptional service and accomodations, as attested to by the many wonderful reviews we have been fortunate enough to recieve on Trip Advisor. Please come back soon!

Reviewed February 15, 2012

I had a wonderful 2 day stay here at the Holiday Inn Select. This hotel is fairly new and I remember when this hotel was recently built.( Still smell and looks new.....) I needed to be close and accessable to the airport and normally hotel airtports are prettty much dumps. However, I was quite impressed with the accomadations. Location ( great shopping in walking distance), free breakfast, fridge, micowave, clean room and the staff was soooo professional and very pleasant and helpful.

I would like to give a special kudo's to Ms. Linda. She was amazing!!!!! Ms. Linda was very knowlegdable and she offered so many extra's to make my stay more comfortable. I willl most diffenetly stay here again and willl inform family and friends to do the same.....Thank you for a very pleasant stay!!!

Room Tip: Ask for room above the second floor. A little noisey on 2......
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
JKJohnsen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review of your stay, and thank you for returning to our hotel when traveling to our area. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We work hard to keep it in the same condition as the day we first opened 2 years ago and appreciate your acknowledging this. Thank you also for recognizing our staff as well as LInda at the Front Desk for taking such good care of you during your stay. We appreciate your being with us and we look forward to you returning again soon!

Reviewed February 15, 2012

My stay is always great at Holiday Inn Express Campkcreek, Thanks to Ms. Linda. she alway smiling, and very kind.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the great review regarding your stay, and for recognizing Linda at the Front Desk for providing you great service. We appreciate you staying with us, and hope you will return soon!

Reviewed February 10, 2012

I was met at ATL by the HIEx shuttle about 20 minutes after my call. The driver gave me a overview of the property which opened 2 years ago this March. She also pointed out the different shops and restaurants we passed on our way to the hotel. Upon arrival, I was greeted at the front desk and checked in. Had reserved a 2 queen room, but the reservation stated King suite - used Priority Club points to reserve the room. Since my traveling buddy wasn’t going to join me as planned, due to weather, I opted not to say anything. The desk employee did welcome me as a Platinum member. I requested a late check out and it was granted for 2pm with no questions asked. Also put in for my 3pm shuttle to the airport.

Got to my room and being my first King Suite, I enjoyed looking around and taking photos. The knock on the door was an employee with my Priority Club bag, nice touch. After settling in, I went down to the breakfast area, got a cup of coffee and walked around. There is a nice huge deck off the back of the hotel with a view of a private lake, found the fitness room and inside pool. Went back down later for a second cup, saw the fresh baked cookies and went to the front desk for one. Had a nice conversation with Linda at the front desk who offered me 2 cookies. A few minutes later, Franck, who had checked me in came up and it seemed they were in competition to get mentioned on TA. Since I had posted reviews here before, the charm oozed from these two… it was really funny. I left with my two cookies, but turned around, returning and said I was disappointed there was no cocktail party tonight. Well, Franck bent over backwards and had a glass of red wine delivered to my suite. Now that was service!!

The King suite (room 209) is spacious and well appointed. The bathroom is quite nice with a granite counter and tub walls and tile flooring. There was a couch and chair and a wet sink. All the other HIEx amenities were provided.

Since my flight wasn’t leaving until 7:30pm, I asked for a late check out. No problem, I was able to stay in my room until 2pm, then watched TV in the lounge until 3pm when Leonard took me to ATL. All in all, a great HIEx with caring employees. Thanks, all for a lovely visit.

The only minuses were: 1) the suite is the floor lamp was lopsided and the lamp shades are bent and torn. They could be replaced. 2) a few hairs on the shower curtain. Not big things in my book.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
JKJohnsen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2012

Wow! Thank you for sharing that great story with us! I promise I will share this with our team, and will pass your thanks along to Franck, Linda, and Leonard for their outstanding service. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate your being with us. Thank you, and huirry back soon!

Reviewed February 6, 2012

I staid in the hotel 4 weeks, all january in 2012... I liked this hotel because always had nice people in front desk, like Marilyn G... always smiling and ready to help you. The room had all I needed, AC, TV, internet, also internet in TV, the housekeeper made a good job cleaning the room... so if I have to stay again in Atlanta, I am sure that I will look for Holiday In Express in Camp Creek.

Go for it...

Sergio Larrainza

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank selarrainza
JKJohnsen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review Mr. Larrainza! It was a pleasure having you with us! I will share your compliments with our team and let Marilyn know you recognized her for her smile and service. We appreciate that. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport West/Camp Creek Pkwy
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Courtyard Atlanta Airport West
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek

Address: 3833 Princeton Lakes Ct SW, Atlanta, GA 30331-5508
Location: United States > Georgia > Atlanta
#8 Business Hotel in Atlanta
#12 Romantic Hotel in Atlanta
#13 Family Hotel in Atlanta
Price Range: $115 - $192 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek 2.5*
New Hotel. Opened 2010. Conveniently located, minutes from ATL Hartsfield-Jackson Int'l Airport at the intersection of Camp Creek Parkway & I-285 (exit 2); free airport & local shuttle throughout Camp Creek Marketplace; luxuriously appointed rooms & suites; room views of Princeton Lake or Camp Creek Marketplace; walking distance to over 100 stores, restaurants, services and movie theater; free full hot breakfast daily; free high-speed internet (wired & wireless); indoor heated salt water pool and fitness center; business center; new outdoor lakefront 2,000 sq ft deck; flat screen Hi-Def TVs; microwave, refrigerator and in-room safe. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express And Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek