“It is Awesome.”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I loved my first visit to Antico its fantastic pizza. I love the unassuming nature of it. Order at the counter (we got the peperoni Magherita pizza) then go sit down in the area overlooking the kitchen and watch them prepare the pizza’s. Before you know it your pizza is out! We went around 6:30 on a Wednesday night and there was no line. They were steady but not overly crowded. They sell coke, water, and beer there , but you can bring your own beer and wine. They have bottle openers for you to use as well.
The pizza is really good. The crust is awesome. It has a few charred marks but my understanding is that is how the pizza is supposed to come out and I thought it was tasty. The ingredients are very fresh tasting. The pizza is pretty big. There were two of us and it could have fed three.
I really like the idea of bringing your own beer and sitting at a communal table and enjoying a pie. Its not perfect for all occasions, but when you get down to it the food is all that really matters to me and it delivers in spades. There are other really good pizza places in town and its hard to say which is the BEST, but I know for sure that Antico is in the conversation and on my short list.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Since my daughter had been to Italy the year before, we decided to try this place to see if it measured up to her expectations. She was beside herself when we ordered and got our pizza. It was exactly the same as she had had in Italy. The atmosphere is also intriguing, because you can eat and watch them make pizzas at the same time. A real Italian restaurant without having to travel to Italy!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

First time to visit and boy was I am impressed -- this was the best pizza I have ever had and to think.....its right here in the ATL. Make sure you take the time to find this off the beaten path little gem, you will not be disappointed, only delightfully surprised.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have to preface this review by saying that I am not a huge fan of Neapolitan style pizza. It's hard to convince me that Neapolitan is better than a good Chicago style deep dish. Pi in St Louis and Regio's butter crust in Chicago are my favorites. New York style can also be great. What makes Antico's pizza unique is that the ingredients are some of the best you will find on a pizza. The bufala mozzarella, for example, is absolutely sublime. What I don't like at Antico is that the toppings are spread sparingly on the crust so you only get a smidgen of each topping. While the toppings are great, Antico his a small selection of toppings. I don't remember seeing black olives, onions, green peppers, etc. Also, the crust is lightly charred, or "burnt" if you talk in my language. Now, who wants that? I don't think a burnt crust will ever do anything for me. For now, I'll bite my tongue and say the overall pizza was still delicious. To keep things positive, I have to say the service here is extra fast. They take your order at the counter and your pizza is ready to eat in less than 5 minutes. Good luck finding a seat. It may save you some aggravation to eat the pizza in your car unless you want to sit next to strangers at communal tables. Perhaps, you can do what I did and bring a table full of friends. With all these draw backs, there must be another pizza joint in Atlanta that could knock Antico off it's throne.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Heard so much about this place, but did not think it was that great of a place. Pizza was really good, but the prices were a bit high. There are no plates, rolls of paper towels & plastic silverware. I could live with that, but the part that killed us was $2.75 for a 8 oz Coke, and $2 for a bottle of water. That is ridiculous. Not sure if we will go back.

Been to Antico Pizza Napoletana? Share your experiences!