“STILL THE BEST!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Best Pizza I ever ate...Still. I took 10 family members to Antico. They had come in from Philadelphia which is one of the best Italian restaurant towns in the country. I wondered if Antico would have any drop off since it opened to rave reviews a couple of years ago...I am pleased to report that Antico is better than ever.
I know this place and the owner, Giovanni truly cares about every slice of this delectable pizza. Despite the distraction of buying up a bunch of properties near by, opening a very good chicken joint next door, and being wooed by ever major restaurant chain in America, Giovanni's Antico Pizza is still as good or better than the day it opened...this pizza will ruin you. You will never be able to go to another Pizza place without saying "it's good, but it's not Antico."
I love taking new people to Antico because they always say the same thing.."that was the best pizza I ever had."
Antico..the name says it all just like fine antiques, this place gets better with age!

There are newer reviews for Antico Pizza Napoletana

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Probably one of the best pizzas I have ever had. Love the food, the atmosphere.

We had a 7-yr old with us, place is not exactly kid friendly, but he liked the noise & fun atmosphere. The chefs tossing the pizza was cool!

Take your own drinks, they allow it (plus the ones there are expensive)

Gets really crowded (we went on a weekend evening!), but be patient and it moves fast...spread around and grab a table!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Heard about this restaurant from an Atlanta TV reviewer and was curious to see if it really was as major league as indicated by the TV hype. (Living in NYC for a few years, I have become a bit of a Pizza Snob). Antico Pizza is in the hippie industrial section of Hemphill road and 14th street. When you walk in for the first time it isn’t clear if you are seated for orders to you order and sit down. The order line forms at the door. Grab a drink to your left and when you get up to the cash register, order and pay. $60 this visit. Have a seat in either the front room (much cooler and better for conversation) or the large back room where you eat right in the kitchen (much hotter and the music is louder in the back room). At 2PM on a Wednesday, the joint was full. You sit with strangers holding hands… so be prepared if you are a small party. 5 minutes after we ordered, a lady came by with two trays of pizza shouting out our order number. It works. We wolfed down the Margherita D.O.P and the San Gennaro. Wonderful. Service was fast. The food was piping hot. And, this former NYC Pizza Snob gives Antico Pizza high ratings! It is some of the best Atlanta pizza I have enjoyed in a long time. Fresh flown in ingredients and perfect tasting crust. I mean perfect. Bellissimo! We are coming back.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is by far on the best pizzas I've ever had! Everything about the pizza was great. The crust,the sauce, and the toppings. Everybody needs to give this place a try you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

While visiting friends in Atlanta, they suggested we all go out for pizza. We drove over 6 hours and they want pizza? Don't be rude - pizza is fine. Well, this is unlike any pizza I have ever had. It is incredible. Real crust. Real cheese. Real sauce. And the sweet basil on top makes it perfect. This is what Italians consider pizza, not what Americans say is pizza. It is delicious.

The atmosphere is not for everyone, but we loved it. There is a long line out the door that moves pretty fast. You sit at the equivalent of a picnic table and are very likely rubbing shoulders with someone you don't know and the food is served on cooking trays and there are no plates - you eat on the cooking tray or a paper towel. To me, that was fun.

Bottom line, we will be back the next time we get to Atlanta.