“Good food, service and atmosphere”
Review of Truva

Truva
Reserve with OpenTable
Truva is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #86 of 3,988 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Marta Peachtree Center
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We dined here on Saturday night while we were visiting Atlanta for Dragon Con. As another reviewer stated, finding some place not overly crowded is a challenge during Dragon Con. We found the service to be outstanding and we were treated to a performance by a very talented "Belly Dancer". The food is typical Middle Eastern fare; it was well prepared and the portions were generous. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. My only minor complaint was that the Middle Eastern music was played a little bit too loud.

There are newer reviews for Truva

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Finding somewhere to eat during DragonCon can be an adventure. Finding somewhere really tasty with great service that isn't crowded shoulder to shoulder is even harder!

Truva was an oasis of yummy for two weary conference-goers this year. My husband and I actually made two visits, first with a friend we'd met up with at the convention, and then the next day on our own, just the two of us. The first visit was a very early lunch (11:30am, which is I guess earlier than restaurants open in Atlanta), and the second for a late lunch (2:30pm, which is I guess later than restaurants stay open in Atlanta). Anyway, both times, Truva was the only place open, but we should have just come there straight away, because the service (George the waiter is extremely knowledgeable about the menu, and very friendly to boot!) and the food were all amazing. It was quiet and pleasant inside the restaurant--truly relaxing compared to the bustle of DragonCon going on just outside. Despite our strange attire (DragonCon), we were treated with great warmth and awesome service.

Now for the menu run-down. The first visit, we stuck to vegetarian appetizers. We got the Babaganoush (eggplant spread), and of course the bread that comes is just amazing! It's not typical pita, but rather a fluffy focaccia-like bread, served with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping. (Both visits we ended up getting more bread). The second visit we got the cigar-shaped meat pastries and the Saksuka (another eggplant spread). Of the entrees ordered (and of course shared all around) were the Doner Kabob (5 stars of droolingly-yummy giant portions of savory lamb), the Falafel Wrap (NOT your usual dry little lentil pellets!), the Moussaka (another 5-star entree!), the Stuffed Cabbage Rolls (Lahana Sarma) (total comfort food--another 5 star choice), and last, but probably first in amazing, the Iskander--a pile of the most tender and savory lamb on top of more of that magical wonderful bread. I don't think there's a way to go wrong on this menu, honestly. Finally, what stuffed to the gills traveler can resist sampling the desserts? None of these were on the menu--they were recited to us by the waiter--so I can't remember what they are called, but I can describe them for you (and make myself hungry in the process). One dessert was a light and creamy flan-like dish. They cook the custard in caramelized sugar, then flip it over, add more custard and cook it again. It's served with cinnamon on top, and on our table it disappeared all too quickly. The other dessert was a quite large disk of shredded phyllo dough with nuts and cheese baked into it, served hot with honey and some sort of sweet rose syrup. Totally delicious!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We recently dined at Truva, which came highly recommended by the concierge at our hotel. The atmosphere was lovely, and service was good, but we were disappointed in the food. It was flat overall. We had grape leaves, hummus, and cabbage rolls for appetizers, and different kebabs for entrees. It all tasted pretty much the same.
It was a fun place, with a belly dancer who toured the restaurant, but we went for the food and were a little disappointed.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We ate dinner here and thought the food was good but a little expensive for what you got. We ordered the stuffed grape leave appetizer, and it only came with 3 grape leaves for $7. I had the vegetarian moussaka which I enjoyed because I do not find vegetarian moussaka very often. My husband ordered the salmon. Our total bill which included the appetizer, meals, 1 glass of house wine and 2 beers was $73 before tip. While this may not be that expensive in downtown Atlanta especially with drinks, I thought it was a little high based on the portion sizes and based on other Turkish restaurants I've patronized where the food was just as good or better and less expensive.

The restaurant is fairly large and has some nice seating areas but there's not much atmosphere (it was a rainy night so maybe it was because of that?) except for the belly dancer that danced a couple times, but they turned the music up really loud and we were under the speaker so you had to stop talking until she finished. Truva is a better option than many of the other restuarants in the area, but I am not sure I would go out of my way to eat here again.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Our lunch at Truva was absolutely wonderful. The atmosphere was great, and the wait staff actually knew what you wanted when you said the traditional names of the food. This was by far the BEST homemade Doner I have had in the USA, and the buffet is great. We will visit Truva again!!

1  Thank Pnoe