“The food is so good!!!!”

Desta Ethiopian Kitchen
Ranked #6 of 3,958 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Ethiopian cuisine crafted from high quality, real ingredients. We have options for all types of eaters: meat lovers, vegetarians, vegans and more. Dine family style or individually, it's up to you!
Atlanta, Georgia
“The food is so good!!!!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My cousin kept talking about this restaurant. I finally got to experience what he was talking about. The food was delicious. I had the Ribeye tips entree, I also tasted Ethiopian wine for the first time. It was a little to sweet for me.The service was excellent!!our waitress was very knowledgeable of the foods and gave great suggestions. We sat upstairs, there's also outdoor seating, and carry out. Planning my next trip there before the end of the month!!

• Visited August 2013

Mississippi
“Always Good”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This weekend was the first time we ate inside the restaurant because we always do take-out. The ice tea was delicious and as always the food was wonderful.
We also tried the meat sambosa for the first time and they were really good. The dipping sauce was spicy but in a good way.
We always do the veggie platter and the beef tibs so we get a good combination of flavors and textures.
It was a little too hot to sit outside so we sat inside and the service was good.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank TXnatives
Atlanta, Georgia
“Amazing quality and service!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This summer I attempted to have my kids branch out their taste buds so we decided to give Desta a try. The funny thing about this place is that it is located in a shopping center with 3 other Ethiopian restaurants and there is another one right across the street. One look at the parking lots tells you that Desta is the best.

We had the $30 meat platter with lamb, beef and fish. It was absolutely delicious. My husband had the vegetarian platter which came with approximate 8 different veggie dishes. From corn to beets to collards and it was all very good.

The kids really got a kick out of eating with their hands and enjoyed everything; even the spicy dishes.
Go there, be prepared to eat with your hands. Injera bread is used to scoop up food but if you ask they will provide you with forks.

There are some slight language barriers but if you point to the menu they get it right away.

Go there and enjoy!

Visited July 2013
San Diego, California
“Really good food”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Wow, I really enjoyed the food at this restaurant. Desta is one of several Ethiopian establishments in the North Druid Hills area but it is the best in my opinion. My party ordered the following dishes Fish Tibs, Shiro, Sambosa, Injera, Kitfo Slice, and Lamb Tibs. I liked them all especially the Fish Tibs and the Shiro. The Sambosa is like spring roll stuffed with either meat or vegetables and it is spicy hot so pace yourself.

• Visited June 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“My favorite place to eat in Atlanta”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I can't believe I'm just now writing up a review for Destas. This is hands down the most delicious food in the city. I would eat here every day if I could. I highly recommend the fish tibs, and the lamb tibs are also quite good. Be sure to try their selection of Ethiopian beers! They also have a drive-thru pick-up option as well! You can also order online using grubhub :)

• Visited March 2013

Been to Desta Ethiopian Kitchen? Share your experiences!