“Yum!”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
“Yum!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

The strawberry and cream doughnut is delicious. Pieces of real strawberries inside and not too sweet.

“Unique little donut shop.”
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

If you are looking for a unique place for breakfast this is it. This tiny little shop has some really interesting combinations in donuts. The strawberry shortcake is my favorite. Be careful on your choices because some might put you in a sugar coma, but definitely is worth it. The eating area is very small and interestingly decorated. We always choose to get our donuts to go.

Dawsonville, Georgia
“Coffee and a donut”
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Cool place, clean, fun and nice service...polite. Coffee and donut excellent. A little pricey though, but I see that everywhere now.

Suwanee, Georgia
“Don't get the hype”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I wanted to like these doughnuts so badly, after forcing my husband to drive out of his way to go. He hated them, and I thought they were "okay." Edible, but certainly nothing I would go out of my way to return to. The workers were friendly, and my cousin, who was with us, loved hers. I doubt I would return, but mostly just because it is not near anything I go to.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank JennyPodesta
Locust Grove, Georgia
“Not Krispy Kreme but still really tasty.”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I grew up in Atlanta, so Krispy Kreme doughnuts flow thru my veins and then down onto my hips That hot now sign makes me want to grab an ice cold glass of milk and cram one of those sweet circles into my mouth (if you are unfamiliar with a hot now, it just collapses with that first bite). I tell you this so you will understand that while I love Krispy kreme, sublime is delicious in its own right. It needs to be judged on its own and not compared to kk.

When we went in to sublime we ordered one of everything. That day they had 18 different flavors. It should be noted that you cannot buy more than two dozen at a time without advance notice. They also do this really cool thing where they spell out happy birthday in doughnuts that you can advance order.

We did a taste test to see which doughnuts we liked the best. Here are the results.
Everybody liked honey glazed cinnamon swirl, caramel apple fritter, fresh strawberries and cream, Reese's peanut butter cup, nutella, white chocolate peach fritter.
Most everybody liked dulce de leche, raspberry filled heart, s'mores, salt and vinegar (that one was sweet and salty/sour)
Kids liked butterfinger, Atown cream, orange dream star (if you like varsity fo's you will like this), yin yang twists, Choc berry fritter, Oreo, butter toffee
No one liked the Atown mocha.

We did not get to try the Choc banana fritter, deep dark Choc fudge, or red velvet.

On Saturdays they have a maple cheese bacon on that sounds interesting.

Sublime is right at the Georgia tech campus, so crowded with students. Also, these puppies ain't cheap. The cheapest is $1.00 and they run up to $2.00. Would I go back, you bet. This is one of those fun places to go for a treat or maybe for when you have guest over.

• Visited June 2012

Been to Sublime Doughnuts? Share your experiences!