“Very impressesd...”

Loews Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #4 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I took my boyfriend here to celebrate his birthday and invited some friends over for some drinks, food and birthday cake. We had an awesome time and the hotel is very trendy. We stayed on the 26th floor and the view was great and we live in Atlanta, but still enjoyed the ATL skyline. Bar Eleven was great and the assistant restaurant manager made sure that our party was very well taken care of... Thanks Michelle M. :-)

Take advantage of the great rates and packages as they just opened in April 2010 and competing with the many W Hotels in downtown. Loews is a new brand to the ATL market and I'm glad its here. I don't recommend the Loews in Philly.

Can't wait to visit this hotel again for a "stay-cation"...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 26, 2010

I loved this hotel: the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly (this included the front desk, the bartender, and the restaurant). The architechture was beautiful, the rooms had a fabulous view of the city, and the location was fabulous. This hotel was by far the best I've ever stayed in and would be my #1 recommendation for anyone traveling to ATL in the future.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2010

This hotel was home base for my family while we attended a wedding with many out of town guests. The staff was very helpful and accommodating for most of our questions and needs, though there were some bumps along the way.

During check in on a Friday around noon not all the rooms in the wedding block were ready, which was understandable - we were early, check in is at 3. The staff took our phone number and offered to call when our two rooms were ready. We had to request that our luggage be moved into a secure area as the bellhop had left it unattended in a crowded lobby during our 15 minute check in wait. When we returned at 3:15 we were told only one room was ready (we had not been called) and the other one was still being worked on. We ended up not being able to check in to the 2nd room until almost 5pm, which was less than ideal considering our tight schedule of pre-wedding obligations that night. Fortunately the rooms are comfortable and well decorated. Our room had a fantastic view and the bathroom (with a TV!) left plenty of space for moving around and getting ready. The beds were amazing and linens definitely appeared fresh and clean. Our room has floor to ceiling windows which I loved for doing make-up in natural lighting.

Also of note, the driveway and valet area is rather tight and frequently over-crowded with people, cars, and luggage carts - they recommend calling ahead to have your car pulled around, otherwise it could be a 20 minute wait. Wi-fi is free only in the lobby, and you must swipe a credit card if you want access to internet and a printer in the business center. Not much besides some restaurants is within walking distance, although the free hotel car service will drive you anywhere within 3 miles and also pick you up to bring you back. I would also recommend not hitting up the mini-bar (prices about as horrific as you'd expect), and drink at Eleven in the lobby only if necessary. Two people having two drinks each can easily run over $50.

This is a new-ish property and it's on the right track. Once they have everything ironed out I'm sure it will be an even better stay the next time!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2010

We were very much looking forward to our stay here. However, certain circumstances left us wanting a little more and pretty much determined that we would not choose this hotel again. Our interactions with the staff were all very good. Everyone seemed genuinely caring and friendly. Our disappointment began as we got off the elevator on the 8th floor and we were overwhelmed with the STRONG stench of smoke. I told my husband I didn't request a non-smoking room because I thought most hotels were now non-smoking facilities. At any rate, we went on to our room only to find the smoke smell even worse. I truly hate to complain so we just decided to deal with it. I then opened the curtains only to find a large AC unit right outside of our window. It was quite loud. We then called the front desk to request a new room and they were unable to accommodate us. I understand that the hotel was full, but I seriously doubt we were the last people to check in for the day at 4:00 in the afternoon. From that point forward everything nice about the hotel was overshadowed by the smell in the room and the large noisey box outside of our window.

We did enjoy a nice ride to the Fox Theater via the hotel shuttle. I don't remember our drivers name but he was very personable. After returning from the theater (about 10:45 pm) the lobby was packed and the line to the elevators was almost to the front desk. Another thumbs down.

Overall, the hotel was nice. It was trendy and the staff was great. The room itself was nice except for the above mentioned issues. It did not have a pool. This is Atlanta people! Every hotel here should have a pool. The parking was $30. For what??? Please let me park my own car and at least offer valet as an option. I am not sure if I would recommend this hotel.

My advice is that if you decide to stay here request a room that is not on the 8th floor and make sure non-smoking is available.

I've attached a picture of our awesome view.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank uspartyof2
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Nothing sacrificed in this new and ultra stylish hotel. Atlanta's answer to those uncomfortable and astere ultra-hip hotels(e.g. the Royalton in NY City) -- Loews shows how it can be done. Sleek furnishings designed for comfortable luxury make this hotel an oasis of comfort.

We enjoyed the nightly jazz playing in the restaurant and spilling into the comfortable and large seating area of the lobby. Backgammon, checker boards, and cards await for family fun.

Caz, at the front desk, greated us warmly, and because we arrived at 2am in the morning, took our luggage up to our room himself -- 4 heavy golf bags and lots of luggage -- while the valet parked our car. Throughout our stay everyone (with the exception of the day food manager mentioned below) was extremely polite and helpful and made us comfortable.

The linens were heavenly. And you can be sure they are clean. The pillow shams, coverlets, sheets, blankets, every single item is changed and cleaned for you. The bed is so comfortable, I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud.

Our room had a wide screen TV and the bathroom had a flat screen TV in the wall. And the room and bathroom were spotless clean. The room was spacious and comfortable and the hotel delivered a refrigerator to our room for no charge.

Room service (in the evening) was great. Our food came within 15 minutes and the chicken soup was loaded with chicken breast and came steaming hot. The oatmeal chocolate cookies were heavenly. Food service in the day was a bit dissappointing (i.e., the same soup was served half-full, without much chicken and luke warm) and the day food service manager was downright rude on the phone when I asked for the minibar to be removed (we were there for 7 days with young children).

Loews knows how to do it -- Southern hospitality, luxury and style. If you are looking for a place to stay for a special occasion, or just to feel pampered, this is it!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank LaVida
Reviewed June 28, 2010

From the second we pulled up to the Loews Hotel we were greeted by kind and courteous staff. We had a very late check-in and received the same fantastic service and attention as we did the next morning. The valet and bell staff did an excellent job of catering to our needs. The hotel itself is gorgous and spacious. The elevator was large and roomy enough for us and the bellman with all of our bags. The view from our room was so incredible that we never closed the blinds during our stay. The bed was super comfortable and the bathroom was amazing, with the large tub and large shower, the marble counter and the TV accross from the tub. I love the Keurig coffee maker! It's great to be able to get up and have just one cup of coffee. The breakfast buffet was small but amazing. Great quality, clean, and friendly staff. We were only there for one night and day and felt like we had taken a real vacation. Can you really ask for anything more?

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2010

New hotel. Everything was great. Prices are a bit high.