“Prepare to be middle Whelmed”

Ranked #5 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Prepare to be middle Whelmed”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Ok, so the title is strange but this is a strange hotel experience. Staff was on their game and courteous. The location was perfect for our visit. The lobby and views were very nice. The rooms were just good. I'd say B... maybe B+. But for the price - no way will I stay again. This is a $300 a night suite hotel $200 for regular room. Beds were comfortable, furniture needs updating (not that its your Aunt Velma's plastic covered couch) its just not what I'd expected in the upper $400/ night realm. Honorable mention to the bathroom. The shower was kicking, but as I've seen elsewhere we had issues with the toilet flushing. Had to hold handle. Not a big deal to me but you'd think someone would check that. NOTE: No pool or Jaccuzi

Room Tip: The higher the better. 12th floor is too low
Green Features: No clue about Loews Atlanta's environmental friendly policies.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mark C, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Smchaels,

We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. We hope to see you around again real soon.

Loews Atlanta Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We slept two nights in this hotel and we really enjoyed our stay. The price, the quality, the cleanliness, everything about this hotel was awesome. This is one of those places that can be overlooked when considering other great places. This hotel was clean & comfortable.The entire staff was great! Super friendly front desk staff provided a great restaurant recommendation - much is conveniently located. Great Hotel!!!!.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Mark C, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Larry P.,

Thank you so much for writing a TripAdvisor review for us all here at Loews Atlanta Hotel. We greatly appreciate it and we can’t wait to see you around our lobby again very soon!

Stephen Spink
Front Office Manager
Maryland
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Let me start by saying, I've stayed in a number of hotels, from cheap to extravagant, even used to have a travel job and I've not had this type of experience. I was visiting ATL for a wedding last weekend. We got in late Friday night, checked in. I used the toilet and found that it would not flush. We had to get something to eat so I called the Star Service and told them we had a problem. They said they would send someone up. When we got back it was about 2 a.m. I noticed that the toilet paper had been removed from the toilet and put in the trash but I thought that the person might have removed the paper before they began working, so at 2 in the morning I wasn't going to press. However, that's kind of gross. Saturday morning, we get up late and I use the bathroom, the toilet seemed to work slow and we had to maneuver but we thought it was fixed. Then my boyfriend used it, flushed, closed the lid, then went to work out. When I went to use it, there were floating boats in the toilet, I called Star Service again and the gentleman came up plunged and replaced a part and said it was fixed. I noticed it still appeared slow and I asked if we needed to hold the flusher down. He said that we did. Yes, having to hold the flusher down at $150 per night seems off to me, the fact that I had to ask him if I need to hold the flusher really surprised me. I would've thought he could recognize that there was still an issue. So while I'm thinking this toilet is still a problem, I'm praying it will work because I don't want to have to change rooms at this point as we're in a rush to find a store and then get to the wedding. I'm also surprised they didn't offer a room change the night before.

When we're heading out to the mall we realize the toilet isn't flushing again. Yes the service person had left about an hour before. We stop at the front desk to tell them that the toilet still isn't working and this is report number 3. By now they offer to change us to another room. Great!! We have to pack up and move before the wedding. So then we ask for some remuneration for having to deal with a faulty toilet and the experience of seeing stagnant boats in the toilet. They offer us an upgraded room or two free drinks at the bar. We ask for something more as this was really inconvenient for a two night stay. That was it. We took the upgraded room it was nice but our regular room was just as nice so for us that wasn't remuneration as we were at a night wedding so we didn't come in until late and it was our last night at the hotel. It wasn't like the room had a jacuzzi tub, just a few extra windows and a sofa. We were not impressed. The toilet worked fine in this room though. We explained this as we were checking out and asked for a discount on the room and they were unyielding.

I was very disappointed with this experience and will not recommend a stay at this hotel. Things happen, I could get past the toilet, but I expected a better response.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have lots of windows, a little larger shower, and a sofa but it may not be worth the ex...
3 Thank TRFamilyReunion
Mark C, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear TRFamilyReunion

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for the lapses in service that you experienced, and know that we understand how you feel. We obviously failed to deliver the quality of service we work so hard to achieve. You have provided us with a lot of information on your experience, however, we would like to discuss the situation in detail, so we can ensure no other guest has an experience like this. You can reach me at mkoka@loewshotels.com,

We do appreciate your honest feedback very much, and hope that we can have you back for a true Loews Atlanta experience.

Sincerely
Raymore, Missouri
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed here overnight and were really impressed with the service and accommodations. Check in was seamless and a bellman escorted us to our room. When we got to the room, I asked where the ice machine was and the bellman went and got us ice. The room was great, big enough for a family of four, and the bathroom had a separate tub and great shower. I received a text message about 10 minutes after we checked in, and it was from the front desk asking if we needed anything. What a great touch! I asked for sheets for the hide a bed, by text message, and not only did he send me the sheets, but someone to unfold the bed and make it for us. Service was top notch and I would definitely stay here again if in Atlanta.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Aly A.,

Don't you just love our new text message service! We think it's such a unique touch that really allows all our guests to have everything they need at their fingertips, pun intended. We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write a review for all of us here and we can't wait to see you again soon!

Washington
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This hotel has at least one doorman who, when asked for a taxi to the airport, directed the guests to an unregulated "limo" service instead. The driver was expecting more money to han the flat rate airport cab fare, and the guests discovered the " mistake" too late to hop out & get other service. Shouldn't happen!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Mark C, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Catherine W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this detailed review. We need to hear about our opportunities as well as our successes in order for us to keep getting better, so your feedback is invaluable. We are so sorry to hear that you had some rough patches during your stay with us and want to assure you that this is not the norm by any means. You have provided us with a lot of detail on your experience, however, we would like to discuss the situation in detail, so we can ensure no other guest has an experience like this. You can reach me at mkoka@loewshotels.com

Again, we appreciate the feedback, and hope to have the opportunity to give you a true Loews Atlanta experience in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed here for our anniversary. We called twice ahead of time to see if they could make a note of this and upgrade us or ask if there were any complimentary services that we could take part in. I was told they put a note on our account. During check in (and afterwards), this was NEVER addressed. I will say the room was VERY clean and that was excellent. That is pretty much all I can say good about this. Valet parking is expensive and very busy, we chose to self park daily, which is still very expensive. The bed was miserable and we slept terribly. We were on the top floor (26th) and could still hear loud music at 12:00 A.M. We even bought a floor fan to help with the noise at night, we could still hear it. Only a tiny bottle of water is provided. Literally. They charge for everything else. We declined the mini bar key at check in, but when we got into our room I opened the trail mix on the counter... little did I know it was $8 for a tiny bag. We also needed to place a local call.... no where on the phone did there say there was a charge for local.... but to call one mile down the road to make dinner reservations (literally).... cost us $1.80. There is no cooler to keep any drinks cold, nothing. It's like a room to literally sleep in and leave. Nothing "comfortable" about this room. We had the Premier King Room... and was told before booking that this was one of their nicest rooms. I cannot imagine was the "lowest" room is. Upon check out, we called to have a luggage cart delivered to our room to pack as the morning progressed... and was told they could not leave it with us, "it was a liability". Insane. So, instead... we toted EVERYTHING down from the 26th floor. Let me also say I am 33 weeks pregnant and DIDN'T feel like making two trips or making my husband do it all alone. I stay in and around Atlanta often. I will not be staying at a Loews Hotel again. You do NOT get what you pay for.

Dear Hank W.,

Atlanta
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The Hotel is beautiful and the staff is amazing!! I would recommend the hotel for business or for personal travel. The food in the restaurant was fabulous and room service was great. Again...it was a great experience

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Dear David D.,

We are so happy to read that you had such a great time here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. Everyone here really does try their hardest to create an experience of a lifetime for all our guests! We can't wait to see you here in Atlanta again very soon!

Many Thanks,