“Friendly helpful staff”

Ranked #5 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Destin, Florida
“Friendly helpful staff”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The staff was very professional and courteous from the initial inquiry call to day of check out. The room and common areas were clean, comfortable and provided everything we needed. Location was perfect being within walking distance of local restaurants and other entertainment. I would recommend Loews to any of my friends.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear AmyHanigTurner,

We are so happy that you had a great stay here with us at the Loews Atlanta Hotel and that you thought our staff was "professional and courteous." We try very hard to make sure each and every guest has the best experience possible! Thank you for taking the time and reviewing us on Trip Advisor.

Mohan Koka
Director of Room
Loews Atlanta Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
Marshalltown
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Loews Atlanta for a combination weekend fun/weekday buisness trip. It is conveniently located in the Midtown section of Atlanta; a mere 3 blocks from the MARTA station. We took the MARTA train from the airport. For $2.50/trip, it's seems hard to justify a $35 cab ride when the train station is so close!
Check-in was easy. The check-in staff were friendly and efficient. Our room was on the 18th floor and had a great view of downtown Atlanta. Room was spotless with a fully stocked mini-bar. We didn't use the mini-bar as it seemed really overpriced---$6 for a small bag of potato chips?????? Beds were comfortable and the bathroom was huge with separate tub and large glassed in shower. A few things that kept me from giving the hotel 5 stars...1) the room was serviced every day (we were there for 5 nights) but the housekeeping service seemed to never quite put the room back together as it was when we checked in. Extra pillows were still left on chairs, the blanket that is folded at the end of the duvet left on the back of the chairs, etc. The beds were always made and clean towels stocked in the bathroom, but the room looked unfinished. Not a huge deal, but I like to come back to a room that is completely made up. 2)We didn't spend a whole lot of time watching tv, but it seemed strange that some stations were HD and others analog, making for a fuzzy picture. One nice thing is that there is a tv in the bathroom, making it easy to watch the morning news while getting ready! 3) The hotel is very dog friendly (as is all of Midtown Atlanta). I love dogs--have one of my own, but I did not appreciate our "neighbors" dog barking at 3 a.m.!

The service at the hotel's "eleven" bar was top notch! We truly enjoyed our time spent there relaxing and having a few drinks and snacks. We did eat in the "eleven" restaurant one evening. Of all the meals we ate while in Atlanta, this was the most underwhelming. The meals weren't bad, just not special, but the wait staff was attentive and did all that they could to accomodate us.
There are lots of great little restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. If you are able, check them out!

I loved the ability to check out via the hotel link on the television. This was a great time saver.

All in all, our stay at the Loews was great. We would definitely consider a staying at the Loews again, should our travels take us back to Atlanta.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear KRileyAdams,

So happy to read that you were able to take MARTA back and forth from the airport to the hotel! It's such an easy commute, we are lucky to be so close to the Midtown Station. We are happy to read that you thought the room was "spotless." Our housekeeping team members work very hard to make sure the rooms are kept extra clean for all our guests.

We can't wait to see you around Bar Eleven soon and thanks again for writing such a thorough review for us all here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel!

Marketing Manager
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed here with my family for one night,this is a really great hotel.

I had a great view of Atlanta from my balcony, and I enjoyed having coffee in the lobby while working on my homework assignments because of the upscale suttle atmosphere of the lobby.
The staff is friendly and very helpful.

I liked talking to the lady at the restaurant, she is awsome. I wanted to stay for breakfast , but I had things to do in the morning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear JustinLawliet77,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to review the Loews Atlanta Hotel. We greatly appreciate it and we can’t wait to see you around our lobby again very soon! We encourage you to add us on Facebook to learn about all the great things we have going on in our city!

Marketing Manager
Oceanside, California, United States
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Very convenient location. Clean and modern. They allow dogs! Staff is friendly and attentive. If you are staying longer then a week look for something else. Most of the channels are analog and if you like sports don't plan to watch espn the hotel is so cheap that it can't even pay to watch college games? Really. I'm staying here and just got told that the games on espn are blacked out here at hotel but, I can watch them next door on espn at the restaurant. Save you money and stay at a marriott.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris D
Dear Chris D.,

I learned that local stadiums have authority on blocking out games through cable providers from their cities to promote attendance at the stadium. This is the reason, from my understanding, that ESPN2 was blocked out. Both channels should be back and working right now. I completely understand your frustration, and you have brought up a dialog that we haven’t had prior. We are looking at options on what we can do to prevent this.

Thank you again for expressing your thoughts and I hope that you enjoy the rest of your stay while you are here. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your stay better.

Mohan Koka
Director of Room
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2013

NIce hotel, clean and the staff are helpful and friendly. Quick and efficient check in and out. The spa is a must! Soooo nice, the gym is big, even though I never had time to use it. The breakfast's are beautiful. The rooms are lovely, lots of space, and a tv in the bathroom!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Freya23,

We were so happy to hear that you had a fantastic experience with us here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. We can’t wait to see you again soon! Make sure to reach out to me before your next stay so we can make you visit even more special.

Safe travels,
Jonathan Vendrick
VIP Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I just had my second stay at the Atlanta Loews, and once again, it did not disappoint. The Loews is just enough swank without being obnoxious. The rooms are a comfortable size, and I do love the flat screens in the bathroom with the floating glass shower.

I arrived at the hotel at 8AM and went straight to my meeting, but for kicks went to the front desk around 10:30AM to see if a room was available, so I could POSSIBLY freshen up before lunch. My room was ready! What a pleasant surprise.

I stayed for an employee function, so we used a small conference room with a breakfast break. The table covers were a smidgen sloppy, but I have an eye for these things after 7 years in conference/event management. The staff kept the room clean and the break tidy.

I had to park my car in valet for a good 30 minutes the next morning (I had parked down the street for free at my office), and I had no problems with the valet team. They were pleasant and helped my entire party with their bags with a smile.

The Loews is walking distance to Crescent Avenue and Peachtree Street clubs and restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear TravelSnobNumer,

We are so happy that you had a wonderful second stay here with us! We always like to accommodate guests, if we can, and let them check into their room in they arrive a little early. We hope that your employee work function ran smoothly and that you had a great time at the restaurants nearby!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Very convenient location. Clean and modern. Enjoyed my business trips at this location. They allow dogs! Close to great restaurants. Walkable and safe area. Well appointed rooms and very clean. Staff is friendly and attentive.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear i1sff00,

Thank you so much for writing a TripAdvisor review for us all here at Loews Atlanta Hotel. We greatly appreciate it and we can’t wait to see you, and your four-legged family members, around our lobby again very soon! We encourage you to add us on Facebook to learn about all the great things we have going on in our city!

Thanks again,