“Great location, great hotel”

Ranked #2 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
DOVER
“Great location, great hotel”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I did a lot of research trying to find the hotel with the perfect location, and decided on the loews Atlanta, and what a great choice it was. Front desk was awesome, valet is awesome!! Thanks DJ for hauling us around Atlanta, he is the hotel shuttle and he is there to please!! The rooms are gorgeous, we are in room 2203, great city view!! This hotels location is perfect, close to crescent avenue and lots of things to do around it!!

• Stayed September 2013
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Carol L.,

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to write such a great review for us on TripAdvisor. We were so happy you had a great time and that DJ made such a wonderful impression on you. He is truly a joy to work with and we are glad you got to experience that as well! We will pass along all your compliments to him!

Can't wait to see you around the lobby soon,
Loews Atlanta Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I needed to attend a three-day conference near Georgia Tech, but all the hotels near the facility were booked solid. I hadn't heard of the Loews name before, but after reading the good reviews on Tripadvisor I decided to book at the Loews Atlanta during the conference.

The Loews provided a wonderful experience. The entire hotel smelled nice and was spotlessly clean and tasteful. I loved the free extras such as shoe shine and luxury car service. The Spa was amazing, and guests could use the hammam and sauna for free (Which really resonated with me, a sauna addict). My room was huge, with a super comfy bed, separate bathtub, and a large desk for working.

But what made the Loews such a stand out were the staff members. This was my first time in Atlanta, so I'm not sure if this was due to Southern hospitality or if this is particular to Loews, but every single person I came in contact with went out of their way to make me feel pampered and special. This is especially nice when you're traveling alone.

I will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Krispian,

We must admit, we loved reading your comments about the hotel. "The entire hotel smelled nice and was spotlessly clean and tasteful," was a very nice thing to say and entirely true! Our public attendants try their hardest to make everything spotless around the hotel and I will let them know that their hard work hasn't gone unnoticed! We can't wait to see you again very soon!

Kadian Springs
Front Office Manager
Winston Salem, NC
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed in room 807 at the Loews Atlanta Hotel on 9/6/2013. The hotel was wonderful in many ways. It is in a perfect location very close to the midtown Marta station. The people who worked in the hotel when I was there seemed over-the-top friendly and extremely customer service-oriented. The room was spotless, the bed was soft, and everything was luxurious. People at the reception desk were very professional, fast, efficient and friendly. My key worked, everything in the room worked. From check-in to dining, to showering, to getting to sleep, everything seemed wonderful. BASED ON THIS - I would highly recommend the hotel, and I would absolutely stay at the Loews again when visiting Atlanta... but there's more.

I was in Atlanta to take an important exam that was scheduled at 7:30am the next morning. The exam and travel cost me around $1000. Because I was both exhausted and concerned about oversleeping I set my cell-phone alarm, set the alarm clock in the room, and phoned in a wake-up call.

About 1:30am, I woke up, startled, noticing the daylight-bright lights streaming in from outside. I was worried that SOMEHOW I had overslept, but then realized what time it was. I rolled over, and went back to sleep. I woke up again at 2-something, again, thinking it was morning. I went to the window, and realized that there was a U.S. FLAG at an angle below my window. The flag had spotlights below it, shining up at an angle. Nothing I could do could stop those lights from shining in the room, and it was too late to move to another room. I tried to go back to sleep, but woke up, startled, repeatedly with that "OH NO, I OVERSLEPT" feeling.

When I checked out, I was asked how the room was, and I explained. I suggested that they either turn off the flag lights at night, OR perhaps they should consider not ever putting guests in room 807, until every other room in the hotel is occupied. In response, the desk said that they were sorry for my trouble and would credit my card for the $9.95 internet access charges...

After checking out, I got an email survey. I filled it out on explaining the problems with room 807. I also separately emailed 10 hotel employees on 9/8 explaining the problem with room 807.

As of today, 9/11, I have NOT gotten any response from anyone in the hotel, AND it appears that I was also charged $17 for internet charges. I still have a favorable impression of the hotel. but I would strongly recommend for anyone who stays there: IF you want to sleep soundly, try to get a room that is NOT anywhere near the flag outside, and in particular, don't get room 807!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jakerson9
Dear jakerson9,

We are so sorry to read that you didn't enjoy your time here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. We take guest satisfaction very seriously and we would like to take this opportunity to grow and learn so we can constantly better ourselves. Please send any additional information from your experience to mkoka@loewshotels.com so we can gain every insight possible.

Mohan Koka
Director of Rooms
Buford, GA
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, awesome common areas for casual get togethers. Pricey but if you are going to spend the money then Lowe's is a good option. However, there is no pool on the property. This was not a favorite of mine as I like to hang out by the pool with a drink when I go to a

• Stayed October 2012
Dear John M.,

Thanks for the wonderful review you gave us all here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and we can't wait to see you again soon!

Safe travels,
Mohan Koka
Director of Rooms
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2013

In August 2013, we stayed at the Loews Atlanta hotel for a total of five days. The service & the staff were really great. They are very attentive & accommodating to the needs of their guests. Our room was very clean & comfortable. Although I wasn't aware that they do not have a pool, I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay on my vacation. I would recommend Loews Atlanta to all that visit Atlanta Georgia.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nubianesque,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Loews Atlanta Hotel! We are so happy that you had a great experience with us and we are even more proud to read that you would recommend us to any Atlanta visitor. We take word-of-mouth very seriously because it means that you truly had a great experience! We surely hope to see you again very soon!

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed September 8, 2013

It was our first time in Atlanta and our first time at DragonCon, so we were a little nervous. The staff at Loews made the experience wonderful from the moment we checked in until we said our goodbyes. I have never been treated so well at a hotel. Special shout outs to Jonathan, Nathan, and Shavonne for always making us smile and for going above and beyond at all times. Top notch hotel, fantastic staff, and wonderful experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear BlueStocking7,

We are so happy to read that you had such a great time here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel and we hope at DragonCon as well! I will pass along all your kind words to Jonathan, Nathan, and Shavonne! They are truly great assets to the team and I am happy they made such a wonderful impact on your stay!. We can't wait to see you here in Atlanta again very soon!

Many Thanks,
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed as a family for a few nights in August 2013. The hotel is in a great midtown location with a really excellent fitness center and spa. The only thing that could really improve the hotel is having a swimming pool for the hot Atlanta summer. We had two issues with the hotel: we arrived after a 16 hour flight from johannesburg and was told that the room category we had specifically booked ( a double room) was not available but we could pay more for an upgraded suite. Totally disgusted. We made a fuss after our long flight and suddenly there was an available room at the rate which we had booked....... I find this totally unprofessional and unacceptable level of service. The other substandard service element was that there was no turndown service on the first night. Again we complained and it was resolved by the second night. We ate breakfast at the hotel which was really excellent. Midtown Atlanta offers a vast choice of excellent hotels which would make me think twice about ever staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Marc-Hirschowitz,

Thank you so much for writing a TripAdvisor review for us all here at Loews Atlanta Hotel. We greatly appreciate all the feedback and we can’t wait to see you around our lobby again very soon!

Kadian Springs