“Nice Hotel, but does have competition.”

Ranked #5 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed here for a conference. Its a nice hotel, rooms were first class but I found a couple things to nit-pick. Parking in the hotels parking garage was my big worry. The hotel charges $22 per night to park, or you can take a ticket at the gate and pay the garage operator $12 per night, that was a no-brainier. Once inside the parking garage there are certain decks for hotel guests to park on, all other areas have signs stating vehicles will be towed. The hotel decks have many spots for valet parking or reserved parking. I had a lot of trouble looking for an available "Hotel Guest Only" parking. A security guard in the garage told me don't leave anything electronic in the car, "they will brake in and take it" I was told; that didn't make me feel any better.

The hotel is large enough to get lost, two banks of elevators (one for guest rooms, one to access parking garage). The conference center floor C was simple to locate from all elevators. The guest room was nice, not much of a view from the hotel room - even from the 20th floor. The hotel nickels & dimes guests with outrageous drink and snack prices located on the in-room mini-bar. Non-refrigerated items are displayed on top of the dresser, in my case there was a thin layer of dust on the snacks - shows how many people buy these items. The rest of the room was clean, a small TV in the bathroom was a nice touch, but unusable since it uses a LCD screen, unless you stand directly in front of it - you will not see the picture very well. A separate shower and bath tub are both located in the large marble bathroom. The rooms are very well insulated, I didn't hear a peep from anyone including hallways and adjoining rooms. Elevators were a bit slow. For travelers not driving an automobile, the Metro Transit train a located a few blocks from the hotel.

1  Thank RailfanMotels
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear RailFanMotels,

Thank you so much for writing a TripAdvisor review for us all here at Loews Atlanta Hotel. We greatly appreciate all the feedback you provided and we can’t wait to see you around our lobby again very soon!

Thanks again,
Kadian Springs
Front Office Manager

Reviewed June 18, 2013

A typical nice downtown hotel. I loved the spa. I always go...great employees...every now and then, one may be aloof but 98% of the staff are outstanding and personable!
I loved Mike Fields--the retail supervisor....ALL of the valets were awesome, especially my dear dear valet who knows Isaih C....I keep forgetting her name but her face is in my mind!

The front desk/management is strong.
The rooms are comfortable.

I will ALWAYS hate paying for wifi and the business center charges are annoying...typical but still annoying...high end can still provide complimentary wifi and I wish loews would get on that bandwagon.

Room Tip: all rooms are decent...as with any hotel---top floors are better
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear C C,

We were so happy to hear that you had a fantastic experience with us here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel and we can’t wait to see you again soon! Thank you so much for all the kind words you said about the hotel and about our wonderful employees. We will pass along all your kind words to Michael Fields and the valet staff! Make sure to reach out to me before your next stay so we can make you visit even more special.

Safe travels,
Jonathan Vendrick
VIP Manager

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights over the weekend and the entire experience was amazing. Everyone was very friendly and happy to lend a hand.

The rooms are spacious (esp the bathroom) and comfortably furnished. The bed was extremely comfortable and the large floor to ceiling windows provided an excellent view of Piedmont Park.

Jonathan, the Concierge, provided fantastic recommendations and went above and beyond. Ashley, also at Concierge, was kind enough to locate a phone charger when mine stopped working and allow me to charge my phone for a bit (phew!). And David, the bartender in the lobby bar was full of smiles and extremely sweet.

I was thoroughly impressed with everyone's willingness to assist us, and each and every person I encountered was smiling and seemed to truly enjoy what they were doing...a rarity for most folks where I'm from!

I will most certainly stay at the Loews on my next visit to Atlanta and recommend you do the same.

Also, it was really easy to get to the hotel from the airport via Marta (the train took about 40 minutes on a Friday night and the hotel was only about 2 blocks from the station)!

Room Tip: I'd recommend a higher floor!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear BostonTraveler6,

Hello there fellow Beantown traveler and thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to review the Loews Atlanta Hotel. We greatly appreciate it and we were so glad to read that you had a fantastic stay with us! I will pass along all your kind words to Jonathan, Ashley, and David! We are so happy they were able to make your stay that much more enjoyable! Trust us, we know the panic of having a dead cell phone, and that's why we always keep spare chargers around the hotel! We can’t wait to see you around our lobby again very soon and we want to encourage you to add us on Facebook to learn about all the great things we have going on in our city!

See you around Quincy Market sometime!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while attending a conference in Atlanta. The location is superb. Right off the Marta directly from the airport. A little hike to walk to Atlantic Station but doable on a nice day. Great restaurants and bars nearby. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Upper floors are better but beware there is a night club right outside the hotel so it may be of con...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear JustMeTampa,

We are so happy that you had a great stay with us at the Loews Atlanta Hotel and that you had an opportunity to take a trip to Atlantic Station. We think that it is a great walk-able venue near the hotel. And if you aren't feeling up for the walk, there is always our house car that will drive you the distance instead. Thank you again for taking the time and reviewing us on Trip Advisor and we can't wait to see you again soon!

Mohan Koka
Director of Room

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I wanted to take the time to inform you that the people working at the hotel are fantastic.
They are pleasent, helpful and cheerful. One of my best experience was in the restaurant. I had a waitor Jermarcus Taylor who was very attentive, pleasant and personable. He was very patient with waiting on one of our members who were late and accommodated all requests in a timely fashion. It is my 5th time at this hotel and keep coming back due to location and staff that work there. Thank you!

Room Tip: Great gym if working out is very important on the road. Excellent location in Buckhead. Service fa...

Dear Cathleen B,

We are so happy to read that you had such a great time here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. Everyone here really does try their hardest to create an experience of a lifetime for all our guests, and it was so nice to read that you would describe us as, "pleasant, helpful and cheerful!" I will pass along all your kind words to Jermarcus as well, I'm sure he will be happy to hear he made a difference in your visit! Thank you again for all your feedback and comments! We can't wait to see you here in Atlanta again very soon!

Many Thanks,

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I have had to stay in many different hotels as I travel for business and this hotel has to be the best one I have stayed in for a very long time. I usually stay at a Marriott or Hyatt but if I have a chance to stay at a Loews in the future when I travel, I will. The staff was great and the rooms were very comfortable. It is a little expensive, but if you can get a corporate rate, it is comparable to the other hotels I mentioned. You will be a lot more relaxed at this hotel over the others.

• Stayed: June 2013
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear ECMack2004,

We were so happy to hear that you had a fantastic experience with us here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. We can’t wait to see you again soon! Make sure to reach out to me before your next stay so we can make you visit even more special.

Safe travels,
Jonathan Vendrick
VIP Manager

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Dear Loews staff,

I've never written a thank you letter to a hotel before, but felt compelled to do so as your hotel was nothing short of superb in every way. Your hotel was gorgeous, immaculately clean and your entire staff was so attentive and friendly every time we needed them. They addressed us by our name each time they saw us. You always made us smile and feel very welcome.
Our dinner in the restaurant was wonderfully presented and delicious as was our room service meal. Our suite was amazing, and a joy to spend time in. We loved the living area separate from the sleeping area along with the additional televisions in the bath and sleeping area and the glass shower unit was so nice we are thinking of putting one in our home.
While my husband attended his meeting I ventured down to the Exhale spa and was treated to a wonderful manicure and pedicure by Yolanda who was a joy to chat with and she gave me the best manicure & pedicure I've ever had. I wish we could have stayed longer as I would like to have pampered myself more with all the different treatments offered in the spa.
We will totally recommend your hotel to anyone we know traveling to Atlanta and hope to come back in the future for a much longer stay. I truly didn’t want to leave. Experiencing your hotel was a real delight for us both.

Best regards,

Mr. & Mrs. J. Knox
Massachusetts

Dear J K,

We are so happy to read that you had such a fantastic time here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. Everyone here really does try their hardest to create an experience of a lifetime for all our guests and we're elated that you felt the love as well! And you are completely right- exhale spa really does give one of the best manicures and pedicures in town! Thank you again for all your feedback and comments! We can't wait to see you here in Atlanta again very soon!

Many Thanks,