“Business trip - Ultra-modern, good service”

Ranked #4 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Stayed here 1 night (a Thursday) for business, all common areas and rooms are decorated in very new-looking, modern style, with sleek furniture. Somewhat unusual robes add to the decor. Attention to detail everywhere..down to the TV and slow-closing toilet lid in bathroom. Staff all had great demeanor and were very helpful...even asking how our dinner went upon our return from a recommendation of theirs. I happened to be awake when some clubs on the next block must have been shutting down and could hear some screaming party-goers for a few minutes in middle of night...would have been louder if lower than 25th floor. Only other problem I had was with a non-functioning TV remote..that I was too tired to call about. Not the best I've stayed in but very nice..

Conference facilities were similarly appointed and food service was good.

Room Tip: Centrally located so any high floor gives a good view of the midtown area and beyond...as mentioned...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear Dred313,

We are always glad to hear when a person takes notice of the detailed attention that we constantly put into Loews Atlanta. We are sorry to hear that the party-goers woke you up in the night; we agree that it is a pain and we are doing everything we can to get that situation resolved.

We hope you have a great holiday season and we look forward to see you again soon.

Brian Adams
Director of Security
Loews Atlanta Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,342)

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Currently at hotel and checked in. Initial Room is great but next to Elevators. So I went back to the front desk and said, oh, I forgot to ask, but I do not want a room next to the Elevetor, ice machine or a Vending Machine. The woman/girl at the desk changed my room. Okay, I arrived at my 2nd room , I guess I forgot to add Next to the EXHAUST PIPE outside my window. The front desk has NO COMMON SENSE. I am not pulling a Monica and go to a 3rd room but will accept this room and write this review but know next time ADD... NOT next to EXHAUST PIPE. Doh! You would think they would realize I want a Quiet Room. Not tonight! When I go to dinner tonight, I will let the girl at the front desk know. She said oh, the elevators are quiet in the rooms. Beware of the 8th Floor!

1  Thank BusinessGalfromSouth
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

BusinessGalfromSouth,

While we sincerely appreciate any Friends reference, we are so sorry to hear that you have had a rough time with us so far! We want to assure you that your experience is far from the norm here at Loews Atlanta. Please do not hesitate to call me at 404.745.5811 so we can get the rest of your stay to be absolutely fantastic.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Great place in a great location. Close to many eateries, nightclubs and Marta station. Rooms are very clean and modern. My bed was very comfortable, I could have slept all day. If you order room service, the food is expensive, but it's good. Also, I frequent the lobby here for casual cocktails and it's a nice vibe with music in the evenings.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Glamtrav,

Thank you for all the fantastic things you had to say about the Loews Atlanta. We are glad that you found us to be in a prime location for everything you needed and that your bed was so comfortable that you wanted to sleep all day!

We look forward to seeing you around the lobby,
Jonathan Vendrick
VIP Manager

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Wonderful hotel, beautiful common/lobby area, rooms are spacious and the staff is very helpful and friends. For business in mid-town, this is the place to be; although expensive, it's worth it.

Michael G at the front desk was so helpful and nice....I'll be back.

Room Tip: High floors give a great view of the city depending on side.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Linda Kay G.,

Thanks so much for all your kind words and we appreciate your very succinct review. We’ve passed along your compliments to Michael, he was glad that he could help! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel has it down right, they pay attention to all the small details and make you feel like you are staying in a true luxury hotel. The lobby and common areas are well-appointed and comfortable, and the guest rooms are stylish and contemporary without feeling too modern or cold. Highly recommended

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, don't stay on the side overlooking the nearby nightclub (to the s...

Dear Rich M.,

We truly appreciate that you took the time to write a review for us. We take great pride in how our hotel feels to each and every one of our guests. We are ecstatic that you loved our ambiance and vibe!

See you again soon,

Reviewed December 3, 2012

My best friend and I visited Atlanta for a weekend and stayed at this amazing hotel. Everyone that works at the hotel provided the best customer service. From the parking attendants, doormen, front desk and concierge. We had an amazing staff member named Jonathan Vendrick assist us with our dinner plans. He took the time to layout an entire evening for me and my friend. It was perfect. Down to the map that guided us around. We also had a great man named DJ drive us to our concert rather than taking a cab! Everyone that works there is cheerful and happy to assist yu with anything. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Atlanta.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Christel F.,

We have passed along your kind words to Jonathan Vendrick, our VIP Manager, and DJ, our Loews Atlanta Driver. They were elated to hear that they contributed to making your stay so wonderful! Jonathan was especially happy that you were so pleased with the dinner plans he made for you! We feel that it’s our friendly staff’s willingness to go above and beyond that sets us apart from other hotels in the area. We are glad that you felt that as well.

Thanks again,
Mohan Koka
Director of Rooms

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I selected this hotel to surprise my boyfriend for his birthday ... and all I can say is WOW! Jonathan Vendrick, the VIP Concierge, made our stay absolultely fantastic! His communication before our arrival was outstanding, and he even offered us a bottle of champagne and small cake and fruit with Happy Birthday drizzled in chocolate ... had it on the table for us when we arrived! My boyfriend was totally surprised and felt so special. The room was gorgeous with floor to ceiling windows overlooking mid-town! It was sparkling clean and comfortable, and I can't wait to come back! The atmosphere downstairs was great ... great jazz band during happy hour, then a comedian later... and drinks were great at the bar! Jonathan made us feel like we were celebrities with lots of extras, and his smile and genuine concern for our comfort and enjoyment was so refreshing ... and totally unexpected! I came from a company where customer service was preached all the time ... and Jonathan definitely went above and beyond my expectations! I told all of my friends (about 25) at a birthday party the next night about Jonathan and the Loews and have continued to tell my friends to stay there. It was unlike any other hotel stay I've ever had ... and I WILL DEFINITELY be back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Heath78,

It certainly sounds like you planned an amazing trip for you and your boyfriend! A weekend stay at Loews Atlanta would be a great present for anyone to give to a loved one. We passed along everything you had to say to Jonathan, our VIP manager, and he was very happy to hear that all his hard work made you feel so special. That’s really why all of us work so diligently here, so that each and every guest can have experiences like these.

We can’t wait to see you and all your friends soon!
Daniel Sturdivant