“WORLD CLASS SERVICE!!”

Ranked #4 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I selected this hotel to surprise my boyfriend for his birthday ... and all I can say is WOW! Jonathan Vendrick, the VIP Concierge, made our stay absolultely fantastic! His communication before our arrival was outstanding, and he even offered us a bottle of champagne and small cake and fruit with Happy Birthday drizzled in chocolate ... had it on the table for us when we arrived! My boyfriend was totally surprised and felt so special. The room was gorgeous with floor to ceiling windows overlooking mid-town! It was sparkling clean and comfortable, and I can't wait to come back! The atmosphere downstairs was great ... great jazz band during happy hour, then a comedian later... and drinks were great at the bar! Jonathan made us feel like we were celebrities with lots of extras, and his smile and genuine concern for our comfort and enjoyment was so refreshing ... and totally unexpected! I came from a company where customer service was preached all the time ... and Jonathan definitely went above and beyond my expectations! I told all of my friends (about 25) at a birthday party the next night about Jonathan and the Loews and have continued to tell my friends to stay there. It was unlike any other hotel stay I've ever had ... and I WILL DEFINITELY be back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Heath78,

It certainly sounds like you planned an amazing trip for you and your boyfriend! A weekend stay at Loews Atlanta would be a great present for anyone to give to a loved one. We passed along everything you had to say to Jonathan, our VIP manager, and he was very happy to hear that all his hard work made you feel so special. That’s really why all of us work so diligently here, so that each and every guest can have experiences like these.

We can’t wait to see you and all your friends soon!
Daniel Sturdivant
Asst. Front Office Manager

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I attended a conference held at this hotel shortly after it opened. Everything was beautiful and well-attended to. My room had a bathtub and a shower! I was amazed at the flat screen tv in the bathroom, but it was at angle where it couldn't be seen clearly while in the shower or the tub. Still, it's hard to find anything wrong with this place.

The doormen and desk agents are super friendly; they make you feel like you own the hotel. It's hard to sneak past the doorman to open the door yourself. Nice try! Even if they appear to be busy, they will stop what they're doing to open the door or grab your luggage. I saw that pets are well taken care-of, too. No one gives animals the evil eye for being at such a nice hotel. I wish other hotel chains would learn from Loews' in terms of allowing pets to stay.

Hotel location was great for taking a Marta train or the bus; it's right on a main street in Midtown, but street noise can't be heard from inside the hotel. There are a handful of restaurants within walking distance, too. I have to point out that there's no pool at this hotel; normally, that would take my rating down, but I had such an otherwise great experience, it really doesn't matter. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear PamMommy,

Thanks so much for noticing all the little details that we do here, we believe that they truly make all the difference. Everyone in the Loews Atlanta family really does love each four-legged guest that prances through our doors, so it’s nice to hear that being recognized. And you can try to sneak past one of our super-attentive doormen, but they have a sixth-sense and will more than likely beat you to it! We always appreciate a challenge though!

We are glad that you found all our amenities to be a pleasure and that our location was perfect for your restaurant needs!

Many Thanks,

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have stayed here each time that we visit our son in Atlanta. My wife and I truly feel pampered by the entire staff, especially the VIP Concierge. The hotel offers luxury accommodations including high end sheets, duvets w/covers, and towels, as well as glass enclosed showers, bamboo brand toiletries, beautifully spacious rooms with floor to ceiling windows for the great views. The hotel restaurant is quite good, and the hotel location affords easy access to many fine restaurants, museums and the Atlanta Botanical Gardens located in very nearby Piedmont Park.
Each and every time we arrive we all, including our dog, are warmly greeted. Additionally, upon arrival our dog is given water and food bowls along with a rubberized floor mat, a bag of treats, and even a comfortable dog bed.
Overall, I can truly say that my family and I look forward to each and every opportunity that we stay at the Loews Atlanta.

Stayed: November 2012

Dear Peter A.,

We are so happy that we could make you and your wife feel so welcome every time you walk through our doors! And we are even more pleased that your four-legged family member feels at home with us as well. It’s always a great treat for us to spot one of our guests’ loveable dogs walking through our lobby. Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us that highlights all our fabulous amenities!

See you around our lobby soon,

Reviewed November 30, 2012

My parents stayed at this hotel when it first opened and it was great--empty and new. Stayed veterans day 2012 and it was a Vegas hotel. Entry was blocked with people coming to parties every night and traffic flow is poor out front. People and loud music in lobby. Friday night awoken from 2-3:30 am on 24th floor by loud booming music from club below (security said they can't control it). Paid extra for a room with a view, lost the view when we switched because of noise, and the hotel wouldn't refund the difference because booked on travel site. Yoga instructor wouldn't modify for an all levels class at spa and checkin staff at spa were stress cases--seems they focus more on local members than hotel guests. Garage entry card didn't work multiple times on the weekend, cars were lined up, wasted time on intercom and at front desk trying to fix. The fundamentals (decor, midtown location, amenities) are good but the given the execution it's not for everyone.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room with a window wall on the 11th street side over the night club on weekends...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear TravelSpaLover,

We are so sorry that you didn’t find everything to be as excellent as your parents
did when we first opened our doors. Usually, around the holidays, our lobby
does have a tendency to be a great spot for people watching, but we are
sorry if that in any way inconvenienced you. I encourage you to reach out
to me at mkoka@loewshotels.com if you’d like to discuss this situation
further, so the problems that you encountered don’t interfere with any of
our future guests’ stays.

Hope you have a great holiday season,

Reviewed November 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night at the Loews Atlanta Hotel on our way to the Carolina mountains. In my travels, it's difficult to find a bad Loews Hotel; and you pay for the privilege of the visit. Overnight (valet only) parking $30 for one night.

The building is modern and the sleek lines reflect the downtown Atlanta feel. The location is perfect for a city walk; although I wouldn't venture too far from the hotel. We had a snack and a couple of drinks before dinner at their BAR Eleven, adjacent to the hotel lobby.

We had dinner reservations at Restaurant Eugene and we weren't sure of the exact distance from our hotel to the restaurant. Since our restaurant was only a couple of miles away, a manager told us the hotel car (driver) would take us. This is a nice amenity, although the car was in use when he offered, and we took a cab.

Our room was on a top floor (corner) and the view of the city was wonderful.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer great view of downtown Atlanta.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear JoyPC1,

We are so pleased that you had a great stay with us before heading out on your beautiful Carolina mountain adventure! We appreciate the kind words you said about our hotel and the Loews brand. We hope that you snapped a few pictures from your top-floor view. We know that a twinkling city at night is a beautiful scene to capture!

We look forward to hearing all about your trip through the mountains the next time you check-in.

Thanks again,
Jonathan Vendrick
VIP Manager

Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is my "hotel of choice" when coming to midtown Atlanta, and I travel there often (usually once or twice a month). Fantastic hotel, spotless, modern, terrific all around. Amenities and service are great, the rooms are perfect.

Room Tip: Try for a corner room on the higher floors for a great view of downtown ATL.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Scott O.,

Thank you so much for the glowing review. We sincerely hope that you are a
You First member by now! If not, make sure to give us a call before your next
visit so we can start rewarding you for being so loyal to the Loews Atlanta Hotel!

Many Thanks!
Kadian Springs
Front Office Manager

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I took my wife and 2 kids there this fall. The hotel was perfect. The hotel shuttle us to and from local attractions. Kids where welcomed with coloring books. The location was close the the park. We walked there and they were having a local farmers market. I will be back next year.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Ashley D.,

Sounds like you had a fantastic trip! There is nothing more pleasant than walking through Piedmont Park in the cool, autumn Atlanta breeze. We can’t wait to see you soon and make sure you let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next trip even better!

Many thanks,