“A very good midtown hotel”

Ranked #3 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
New York City, New York
“A very good midtown hotel”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The Loews staff is incredibly friendly and accommodating - that is definitely a pro. The rooms & bathrooms are very large and the bed is extremely comfortable. Also, the hotel is ideally located for business right in midtown, within walking distance to restaurants and office buildings. However, I had two minor issues with my stay - first, there were events in the hotel's lobby on both Thursday and Friday night, and despite a room on the 15th floor, I could hear bass, which kept me up. (And as a New Yorker, I deal with city sounds on a nightly basis, so this was definitely an issue). Second, on both days, I lost hot water in the shower. I reported this to the front desk on the first day and received a note in my room saying that the issue had been fixed, but it was still a problem. Overall, I still enjoyed my stay, but these quirks took away from the comfort.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear JournalKat7,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write a review of your experience at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. We truly appreciate your kind words about our great location, friendly staff, and spacious rooms! We are sorry to hear that you heard outside noise and your room was experiencing hot-water issues, which we were unable to fix during your stay. We want to assure you that this is not the normal experience here at Loews Atlanta Hotel, and if there is any additional feedback you could offer us feel free to reach me at mkoka@loewshotels.com. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and your feedback is the best way for us to do that.

Thanks again,
Loews Atlanta Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
New York
Reviewed October 15, 2012

True story -- at 3 p.m. one day in October, I was on my Delta flight, door about to close, when I realized that I had left some hand-written notes on my lunch-banquet table at the Loews. They were priceless, totally irreplaceable. I made half a scene to get off the plane and called the Loews to beg them not to throw out the trash from the event, I was coming back. THEY HELPED ME SIFT THROUGH BAGS OF GARBAGE IN THE LOADING DOCK TO LOOK FOR MY PAPERS. The entire staff, more than 12-15 folks, went in fire-drill mode to help this guy (me) search through bags off stinking coffee grounds, lunch garbage and assorted -- well, you get the idea. I've never seen anything like it. We found the papers after about 30 minutes of this, and we all broke into a loud cheer. They saved my butt. The 20 pages of notes were dripping in goo, so they pulled out a hair dryer to keep them from smearing more! And then, knowing that I had spent $50 for the cab back and lost a great many strands of graying hair during this disaster, they had the incredibly nice limo guy (D.J.) drive me to the airport, gratis. Don't scrutinize hotels based on whether they give me chocolates on the bed -- they show their stripes when the chips are down, and holy cow these guys were awesome. Put yourself in their hands.

Dear Alan S,

This was such an amazing write up of your situation. All the team members involved are really enjoying reading this, because not one them did it because they had to. Our team prides themselves on taking care of people and they were happy to jump in to the trash to ensure you found those important documents. It makes me proud of the hotel and the team that I work with every day. The last sentence of your note really struck a tone with us as our Chairman, Jon Tisch wrote a book titled "Chocolates on the Pillow aren't enough" and as you can see we are living his vision.

Thank you again for your very nice note. We truly appreciate it.

Dale McDaniel
Managing Director
New York, NY
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is a modern high rise business hotel, but is in a very nice, walkable neighborhood near Piedmont Park. Large, bright super clean room with a huge bathroom (separate bathtub and shower). A few quibbles: water pressure in the shower was not very good; I was told that I would not be charged for internet (that it would show up as a charge but also as a deduction -- that did not happen -- I had to inform the management, who then changed it but I should not have had to do that); also, the room wasn't cleaned until after 4pm.
Apart from those items, I loved my room. I was there for a conference and the food supplied by the hotel for the conference was exceptionally good (for hotel conference food).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear NewYorkNYTraveler,

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. We take pride in offering all the best amenities, including large bathrooms and exceptional conference food. However, we are sorry to hear that the water pressure in your room was inadequate. We want you to know that our engineering team is working tirelessly to figure out what caused the issues and resolve them so other guests don't experience this.

If there is any additional feedback you could offer us, feel free to reach me at mkoka@loewshotels.com. We are constantly looking to improve and your comments and concerns are the best way for us to do that.

Many Thanks,
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed October 13, 2012

A few of our book club members booked rooms at the Loews Atlanta Hotel in July 2012 to attend a Women's Conference that we learned was canceled once we arrived. Needless to say, we were very disappointed to learn that we were not informed that the conference was canceled, which was NOT the hotel's responsibility. However, the staff went out of their way to accommodate us during our stay and made us comfortable. The hotel was very nice from the lobby to the room. The beds were so comfortable, television in the bathroom, a nice plus. Also, there was nice entertainment and restaurants within walking distance. In addition, the hotel staff drove us to different locations within 20 miles from the hotel. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Sparkle25670,

I am sorry to hear that your conference was cancelled without your knowledge, but I’m glad that you still got to stay with us and see our fantastic city! Sometimes it’s the spontaneous trips that leave you with the most lasting memories. We are very happy that we had the opportunity to impress you with our service, attention to detail, and television in the bathroom. We hope to see you again soon, Women’s Conference or not.

Many Thanks,
Jonathan Vendrick
VIP Manager
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed at this hotel three nights for a conference and it was wonderful. Beautiful room, awesome staff, and great location. Michael at the front desk was super and Concierge Michael Hill was so helpful with everything I needed and wanted.

Dear Kosthus,

We couldn’t have been happier to see the title of review… “Heavenly.” All your kind words really made our day. We have passed along your praise to both our Michaels, Michael at the front desk and Michael in concierge. They were bubbling over with excitement. It’s always nice to take time out of our day to show appreciation to our team for doing the exceptional job they do every day.

Sincerely
Kadian Springs
Front Office Manager
Plano, Texas
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed one night at the Loews while in Atlanta for a seminar. When I walked in a few minutes past 10, there was a party going on in the lobby, so it was extremely loud and crowded. However, the front desk had me on my way to my room in less than 5 minutes, and there were no issues with noise on the guest floors themselves. One thing that impressed me right away was that the desk clerk upgraded me to a better room, even though I have no loyalty with Loews (in fact, this was my first stay in one). I certainly wasn't expecting it, but it was a nice gesture. The room I was upgraded to was huge, and the corner room had a great view of the city. As a business traveler, I was happy to see plugs galore by the bed and the TV - very convenient if you're traveling with a bunch of gadgets. WiFi was fast (it was free with my corporate rate, but I think it's $10 otherwise).

Location in midtown is excellent; it is only a 10 minute walk from the midtown MARTA station. From the gate at the airport to the front desk took only 45 minutes total. I was only in town for a very brief period of time, so can't really comment on what's close by, but with the MARTA station a short walk away, you can probably get to just about anything you'd want to in short order. I didn't have a chance to try the restaurant or fitness center. Staff were wonderful, from the desk clerk who gave me my unexpected upgrade, to the security guy in the lobby who helped me find my way through the party crowd and to the elevators.

The one minor issue I encountered was a fair amount of street noise in my room, as it faces two busy streets. I'm a heavy sleeper so it didn't bother me, but if you are easily disturbed at night, think twice about taking a corner room. Not the hotel's fault of course, but a side effect of being in a busy part of town.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very spacious and give you a great view of the city; however, if you are a light sl...
Dear MeanMeosh,

Congratulations on your first stay with Loews. We are happy that it was such a pleasant one and that we could upgrade you, we like giving out these pleasant little surprises when we can! We know that you said this stay was brief but we hope you can come back again soon and get out a bit more to see all the wonderful things that Atlanta has to offer.

We are sorry to hear that you had problems with street-level noise. Next time you check in we will see what we can do about getting you into a room higher up and away from the active Midtown streets.

Thanks again and we can’t wait to see you around soon,

Tulsa
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Modern, clean property. Hip, upscale vibe. Location is average as not much to see or do within walking distance. Wonderfully helpful and pleasant front desk and lobby staff. Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JerseyGirlTulsa
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear JerseyGirlTulsa,

Thanks so much for the kind words about our hotel and our staff. We take pride in having a helpful and friendly front desk team and are always happy to hear that their work is recognized.

See you again soon,