“We enjoyed our stay - can't wait to return...”

Loews Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #5 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Our car was quickly directed into a spot and the valet parking men were very kind, courteous & helpful. The front desk check-in was smooth and easy. Everyone we encountered was very nice and friendly. Upon arrival in our room on the 9th floor, we were pleasantly surprised by the contemporary look and feel of the hotel. The room was not as large as we would have liked and it was 1 room - no separate wall or half wall. The bathroom had a funny smell but it was spotless with a nice marble shower, separate bathtub, TV, phone, blow dryer and 2-person sink area.

The room itself was small with ceiling to floor windows on 2 sides, a large desk with flat-screen TV, outlets for a DVD player & video plug ‘n play type games, a bed, sofa and 2 side tables. We also had a mini-bar and snacks available for ridiculous prices.

We were woken up 1 time by a screeching fire truck but the hotel is in the city and we expect such things. We had room service twice (dinner & breakfast) and both times, the food and service were stellar. I cannot rave enough about how delicious the food was…This hotel is highly recommended by our family.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank DorainSitges
Write a ReviewReviews (2,372)

Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Loews Atlanta for a long weekend for his 30th birthday. From the moment we walked into the Loews it was a great experience. The staff was friendly and incredibly accommodating. They sent a bottle of champagne up to our room within a couple hours of us arriving with 2 birthday cards for my husband from the "Loews Family" & "Front Desk Staff" which was so thoughtful and made a great first day impression.
The room was wonderful with floor to ceiling windows that covered 2 walls, the bed was incredibly comfortable and the bathroom was a great size.
This is more than just your average hotel and you do pay for that, but I think it was totally worth the price and would absolutely stay there again next time we go down to Atlanta!

1  Thank Rshap_05
Management response:Responded October 18, 2011

Loews loves birthdays!! We are thrilled to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. We are quite fond of our floor-to-ceiling windows, comfortable beds and modern bathrooms as well. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience and we look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

We came here for 2 nights for music midtown. we usually stay at the w , but it sold out quickly. We now will stay at the loews- the staff is SO much nicer than the w. The rooms are huge- we had a king with a view. The bathroom is fabulous- it even had a TV! To have the bathroom and bedroom so spacious was great- we had gotten used to the boutique size rooms.
We'll be back! We loved our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room ( not facing Juniper St)
1  Thank TStroud
Management response:Responded October 18, 2011

We are so excited to hear that you enjoyed your first experience at our hotel and appreciate your positive feedback! Our spacious rooms and modern bathrooms (complete with a television) are a fan favorite. We look forward to seeing you at the Loews Atlanta Hotel on your next trip to Atlanta.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

This was a girls trip to celebrate one of our friend's birthdays who lives in Atlanta. Check in was easy and fast. The lobby was very nice, with a bar and sitting area. The room was nicely decorated, clean, plenty of snacks provided. The bathroom tv was nice, and the toiletries were actually usable. But honestly, for the price a night they charge...it wasn't anything over the top. I've stayed at nicer places with bigger rooms than this place and they made sure you were getting your money's worth. LIke a ipod/cd player in the room, dvd player, etc.
We got a diet coke from the bar on our way out the first night and they charged $6! For a small cup of diet coke! I mean that's just something you would think would be complimentary, especially if it's coming straight from the bar tap thing and the amount is so small!
It's definately convenient to all the restaurants/night life in midtown so if location is your concern, then this is definately the spot.

Room Tip: Park around the corner for $12/day parking.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank NiazaDG
Reviewed September 29, 2011

This hotel is excellente. It has two distinguishable factors that set it apart from it's competitors. 1. There is a flat screen TV in the bathroom. This was a surprise addition that made my bathroom experience off the chain. 2. One entire wall of the room was a plate of glass - we are talking floor to ceiling, wall to wall. Talk about feeling part of the city life. Because I did. Midtown never looked better.
Service was great! They have a "general store" kind of place in the lobby that serves snacks and light meals- this was handy.
The only tricky part was finding parking - the parking garage they direct you to, which is the street before the street the hotel is on - (note), has virtually no available spots. They are all valet spots, literally almost all of them. the ticket system was also tricky and ii is a fairly expensive place to park.
So overall, great experience, close to IKEA - bonus, and just a pure delight!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2011

The Hotel is lovely and the staff was friiendly and attentive. Everyone we encountered during our 1 day stay was very pleasant. Will stay here again for any intown events even downtown as you can take the train easily.
The rooms were nicely decorated with upscale furnishings. The soundproofing was very good slept very well for a intown hotel.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

This was a business trip, but I had a really enjoyable stay. I think the hotel made the trip in many ways. The location is excellent and the hotel extremely comfortable.

Regarding the location, I could walk to my conference at Georgia Tech in about 15mins. In the area around the hotel there are some good restaurants and bars. It's a great place with quality people. The people of Atlanta are in general extremely friendly and open. I wanted to look at Piedmont Park which is nearby but didn't have time in the end.

The hotel service is extremely good and first rate. The bar is a real asset and livens up the dullest of business trips. I met a number of people there and had a really great time; this does not usually happen on such trips. Not everyone is on business: there were a number of weddings at the hotel; there were fashionable people; middle aged etc. I liked this diversity a lot.

The bedroom was excellent. The bed was one of the comfiest I have slept on. The bathroom was well kitted out with a good selection of towels.

Although my stay was extremely good, I would highlight the following for improvement:

- Breakfast buffet was a bit limited. They have a nice selection of berries but they need to add to this and put a salad bar in. I wasn't really satisfied with the range of cereals. Given the American diet, this was the only real opportunity I got to eat fruit so I think they should expand the healthier food options here.

- Internet charges. The lobby is free; bedrooms are $9.99 per day. I think this is too much and not really very practical.

- Soap. I don't really like using soap so I think they should provide shower gel instead.

Other than these minor points, I look forward to staying here again on my next trip to Atlanta.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Management response:Responded September 23, 2011

Thank you for sharing your pleasant experience at Loews Atlanta Hotel! We are very glad to hear we helped to make your business trip quite enjoyable with our convenient location, excellent service and comfortable amenities. We very much appreciate your feedback on areas of improvement.