“Clean, modern midtown with A+ service”

Loews Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #4 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Los Angeles, California
“Clean, modern midtown with A+ service”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Although I can't say much good about Atlanta as a city (simply not my favorite) I live this hotel. I have stayed several places in ATL over the last few years and this hotel far outdid every experience I've had. From the front desk service, to room service, the coffee shop and wifi assistance the staff was kind, helpful and willing to accommodate me.

I love the conservatively contemporary look especially the bathrooms! And my kind bed and bedding were soooo comfy. I will stay here again for sure !!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank starviptrav33
, Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with everyone. We are glad we could make your Atlanta trek better than expected and hope that our hotel will entice you to the city more often! We are very proud of our team members and their unparalleled service as they are what makes the Loews Atlanta Hotel the place to stay and we are excited that you agree. Hope to see you back soon! And we agree – our comfy bedding and sleek bathrooms are the best, thanks for noticing!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I travelled to Atlanta solo for Americasmart Gift Show and stayed at the Loews Midtown. Great stay! The room was set up very nicely for business or recreational travelers. I was a bit skeptical when I arrived Friday night and heard loud music as I entered the lobby to check-in. However, once I arrived in my room, it was quiet and lovely. The service was fantastic. The gym is an Exhale gym and is HUGE. Very well equipped! I even took and excellent cycling core class one morning. An unexpected surprise is the huge Piedmont Park located two blocks from the hotel. Full of walkers, bikers, runners, boot camps, Saturday Farmers Market, etc. I took the Marta from the airport to the Midtown station, which is 2 easy blocks from the hotel. The Americasmart (downtown) is a 5 minute Marta ride to Peachtree Station which is located at the entrance to Building 1 of the Mart.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Mislander98040
, Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
Thank you for sharing your positive experience at The Loews Atlanta Hotel while visiting our city for the AmericasMart show. Your feedback on the gym, décor and service is much appreciated. We apologize that you had an initial noise related but are happy to hear it was immediately rectified. Marta and Piedmont Park are two great benefits of our locations and we are thrilled to hear that both were beneficial to your stay. Come back and see us soon!
Boston, MA
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Following is from a letter I wrote to the General Manager of Loew's Atlanta:

I just finished an extended (and delightful) stay at the Loew’s Atlanta while acting in a film shooting in Atlanta. I had to write to tell you how much I enjoyed your incredible staff. During the shoot, I had to fly home to Boston for one night and when I came back, production put me in a nearby hotel that shall remain nameless. Let me say that they had the same amenities as the Loew’s but what made me clamor to return to you hotel was the amazing staff you have. It makes all the difference.

From the friendly porters who greet you and leap up to open the door for you to the amazing waitstaff to the cashier at the Starbucks in your hotel, I was treated as an old friend and made to feel welcomed and treasured. On one very early morning call to set, one of your staff went out of his way to get me a coffee before anything was open. The waitstaff remembered my wedding anniversary and sent me a dessert because I was alone that day and missing my husband. Finally, your concierges, Jonathan Vendrick and Wende Pope were extraordinary in every way. I do hope you realize what stellar assets they are to your hotel. All of the actors spoke of their incredible service.

Because of your staff, my husband and I will always put Loew’s at the top of the list of preferred hotels when we return to Atlanta.

They should all get raises! Hold onto them!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
, Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
What a great and much appreciated review! Thank you so much for the feedback and for sharing your positive experience at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. We are very proud of Jonathan and Wende, and all of our excellent team. You are right, we value them and are holding on tight! Happy (late) anniversary and we look forward to seeing you back soon
Music City, USA
Reviewed July 11, 2011

This was my second stay at the Loews Atlanta. It is a sleek and modern city hotel. The staff is friendly and engaging. The rooms and bathrooms are large and well stocked with fluffy towels. The beds are comfortable. Ask for a high-floor room and you'll get some wonderful views of the city.

It's not within walking distance of the city's main attractions, but Atlanta really isn't a walking city so I can't fault the hotel for poor urban planning. You have to drive for shopping in Buckhead or a Braves game at Turner Field, or the attractions around Olympic Park (Coca Cola, CNN, etc).

I like the Loews hotels. I really do. Maybe someday someone in management will read my reviews and take this one thing and change it. Why are you still charging for in-room internet access? I can get it free at every coffee shop from Bangor to Tijuana. Ronald McDonald gives it away for free. But Loews continues to charge for it. Soon enough 3G/4G enabled devices (iPads, etc) will make WiFi all but obsolete, but I'm sure Loews will still be trying to charge for it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
All Loews hotels offer free internet in our lobby and public areas. Free internet in our guest rooms is one of many benefits offered to our YouFirst Loyalty members after just one stay. We have read and appreciate your feedback as well as your kind words about the Loews Atlanta Hotel. If you would like to discuss further, please feel free to contact our Director of Rooms, John Power at 404.745.5000.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I'd describe this hotel as solid.. The service was good, the rooms were big and clean and the location, in Midtown, is safe and close to some great bars and restaurants. If you're visiting as a tourist it's a short taxi ride down to the Olympic Park, World of Coke or the aquarium or you can jump the Metro/underground as the station is less than a 5 minute walk away.

This hotel has a great spa and gym, far better than you'll find in most hotels but the bar is in the lobby and is not a lot to write home about. The restaurant, which I only tried for dinner serves good food and is fairly reasonably priced.

If you're staying in Midtown it's a very good option without being a standout experience.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
, Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. As you mentioned in your review, we are very proud to offer excellent service, a secure location and unique dining outlets. We hope that you will return to Loews on your next visit to Atlanta.
Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Hotel was nice, restaurant was nice. Stayed at this hotel while enjoying a weekend at Atlantic Station. The staff was very rude. My vehicle was scratched while parked valet. Decided to just park across the street for $5 instead of $18 for valet. No swimming pool you have to use the one around the corner at another business. The area is very congested. There were a lot of impressive people in attendance. The surrounding restaurants are not wonderful, however, I just ate at Atlantic Station. I had an issue with my room key told the front desk and she told me,"you gone have to wait!" I am not well to do, put money up for this quick getaway for my husband's birthday. The staff made me feel as though I was not as important as their VIP's.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Monroe6_96
, Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
We are deeply regretful to hear about your unfortunate experience with the hotel. At Loews Atlanta we strive to offer the utmost in customer service. Please reach out to our Rooms Director, John Power, at jpower@loewshotels.com and allow us the opportunity to improve upon your guest experience.
jkoldtown
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Beautiful Hotel. Clean, new and modern. Front desk was very friendly, made sure to know our names. Concierge was SO helpful, went above and beyond to help us out, I was there for a business event...and my son and husband had to entertain themselves, the concierge just treated them so well. The rooms were beautiful, smallish, but really nice. Not the usual place we go as a family b/c we are usually on a budget, so not a budget hotel, but very nice. Food in restaurant WAY overpriced, even on an expense account I felt a little robbed. That was the only negative of our whole stay. Free WiFi in lobby, but business center cost $$.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family