“Real seafood in ATL"”

Cuisines: Seafood
Atlanta, Georgia
“Real seafood in ATL"”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I grew up eating spicy seafood and have been in search of a good place in Atlanta for years! The crawfish seafood shack definitely satisfied my craving. I had the snow crab legs boiled in a spicy boil. It was super spicy and piping hot! If you a spice wimp, then stay away. Always get mine to-go so I can really dig in!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Jennifer S

Seacrest Beach, Florida
“Very casual little strip mall place.”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Three stars might be on the low side for this little restaurant but it is all I could do. I have been there many times and it is always very good. Probably the best fried Catfish in the city of Atlanta. There is another place that I reserve the ranking of Best Fried Shrimp, not Crawfish Shack...they rank second in my book. Being from Louisiana I am pretty picky about all of the food that I eat...especially seafood and catfish.The batter on the fish and shrimp is just about perfect. The fish and shrimp have always been as fresh as one can get it. I have not tried their boiled crawfish becasue I "am" from Louisiana and I will only eat crawfish from Louisiana. And when they do have the fresh ones during season from Louisiana I don't want to pay the price.

I have brought friends to this little place time after time and everyone always falls in love with the fried shrimp and catfish. Their potato salad is very good and not on the over the top mayo kind. Their hush puppies are pretty good also.

So you are wondering why only 3 stars. Well, it is the po boy. If you are going to sell yourself as Louisiana seafood and serve po boys they must be served on either Gambino's or Leidenheimer's Po Boy bread from New Orleans, which would make them the real deal....And would make a difference. And it is not hard to get. US Foods has one of them and Sisco has the other. The Amoroso bread they use is for Philly Cheese Steaks NOT Po Boys. And yes, when in Atlanta I still love The Crawfish Shack.

• Visited August 2012
Lorton, Virginia
“Casual Place with Great Seafood!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Thanks Daniel for your review because now I cannot stop going to this place. After following his directions I was able to find this jewel. I love the all you can eat crawfish bowls for $20.00, the steam blue crabs and seafood platters. The reason I did not give them 5 stars is because I would like to see your better desserts than Pralines. When I waddle out I would be more satisfied if I could satisfy my sweet tooth instead of having to go down the street to another establishment

Visited August 2012
Cartersville, Georgia
“DELICIOUS!!!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Very fair prices...good service...GREAT food! What more can I say?!?! The atmosphere is very calm & laid back; unpretentious.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank gapeach5287
Atlanta, Georgia
“You will need a bath after eating”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The food is wonderful. The crawfish are spicy & meesy to eat. The lobster roll is pure lobster with a little butter. The shrimp are excellent. The sweet potato puffs are excellent. Not much atmosphere. We ate outside on one of three picnic tables. You can take food to go which may be a better option. Wr will go back but will bring wetnaps with us.

1 Thank StevenHScher