“Fine dining in an airport? Yes!”
Review of One Flew South

One Flew South
Ranked #53 of 4,417 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2011

This small restaurant is adjacent to the Food Court in Terminal E (the international terminal) in Atlanta. I noticed the menu and the wine list long before I tried it, and I'm sorry I waited so long. The Springer Mountain chicken is wonderful. Tonight I had a pulled duck sandwich with a sauce of fig, peanut, and scallions that was delicious with a glass of Vouvray. The prices are not Food Court prices, but this menu is reasonably priced. Worth booking connections around, as I did for today!

2  Thank Ispahan1

Reviewed June 12, 2010

The food was amazing and I can honestly say it was the last absolutely wonderful thing I put in my mouth in the United States. We ate at One Flew South a few hours before boarding the plane to Ghana. I will treasure that meal for years to come. Especially, the pork-belly sliders. The decor was excellent as well as the overall staff. I really could not believe that I was having a fine-dining experience at the airport. I would fly through Atlanta just to eat at One Flew South, Order the pan-seared trout with grits and collard greens if it's available on the menu. I wish that i had tried the sushi. Oh well, maybe next time.

1  Thank tichelle77
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Normally you would think that there isn't a decent meal to be had in any airport. But in the E finger in Hartsfield Jackson International Airport in Atlanta, Georgia, "One Flew South" is a rare exception.

Here you get real food. With a nice twist. And delicious too. The wines go well with the food, and overall you have the feeling that you're at a real restaurant, and you actually stop noticing all the travellers chaos around.

One downside is that you feel so good about being here that you risk forgetting time and thus your flight.

1  Thank vadnu
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Wow! Real food in an airport! Great wine list with Joel Gott Sauvignon Blanc by the glass. The salad, soup, and entrees are delicious!

1  Thank goroger
Reviewed October 3, 2009

Good ambiance, fast and pleasant service, very tasty food. Does not have the feelingof an airport restaurant at all, quite an oasis of calm. Worth going between terminals.

1  Thank Martino52