“Never eat anywhere else”
Review of One Flew South

One Flew South
Ranked #53 of 4,417 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2019

Truly, this is the only place I have ever eaten in Atlanta. Of course, I've never been anywhere in Atlanta except the airport.

Even so, I used to be a Road Warrior and have eaten in many places including many airports. One Flew South is probably the only restaurant where I plan my trips around their schedule. As others have noted, I'd eat there even if they weren't at the airport.

This time we tried a new (to us) dish, collard green and pork belly ramen (done in a turkey broth). The mix of Southern ingredients in an Asian dish lit up something in my Southern genes. When paired with an Old Fashioned cocktail I found that my Southern drawl returned for a few minutes.

We're going through ATL again in July, where we'll have enough time for a larger meal. I can hardly wait.

Reviewed May 31, 2019 via mobile

Best Airport restaurant in the US, Ray was a great sever. Thanks for recommending the coffee rubbed lamb ribs!

Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

The chicken noodle soup was terrible and unseasoned. It had a slight pho broth taste of spices but wasn’t worthy of 4 spoons worth. The butternut squash soup was a tad bit better. The sushi roll was average. I had to go and get an Arby’s Beef n Cheddar to fill out our meals.

1  Thank freakerdude
Reviewed May 23, 2019

I was very impressed with the food and would eat here even without it being an airport restaurant. Hard to believe this is airport food. My server, "KC" was obviously experienced in food service and did an excellent job.

Reviewed May 4, 2019

This place was great. Phil waited on us and he was super knowledgeable and efficient. Hubby had chicken soup and a bowl dish with rice, tuna, avocado, roe and more. I had the butternut squash soup and a tuna roll. My soup was so good. It had smoked turkey and a cranberry mole (I had to look up what that was) but it was really flavorful. Sushi was good. Service was good. Nice atmosphere. We took the train to terminal E to eat here even though we had a flight out of terminal A. Well worth it. Will return.