“I schedule long layovers at ATL to visit this place...”
Review of One Flew South

One Flew South
Ranked #7 of 4,000 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Probably the best airport restaurant I've ever been to. When I fly through ATL, I schedule a longer layover to eat here and have a drink. (I love the whisky sour... )

As expected, a nice place to eat in an airport is definitely not inexpensive. But if you have the time, and a few extra dollars to spend it is worth the stop.

The pork belly sliders are a great starter. Or, if you're not super hungry, they'll make a good meal. I also enjoy the Applewood Smoked Turkey sandwich. Yum.

So, if you've got a nice layover, head over to terminal E. Heck, skip the Delta lounge and go here. (You'll be glad you did.)

1  Thank TankerT

Reviewed September 19, 2013

If you're passing through the Atlanta airport (and let's face it, we all have to if we travel), One Flew South in Terminal E is worth a stop! On recommendation of a friend, I had lunch there, and I was impressed. From a friendly greeting and important first question at any airport - "Are we under a departure time deadline?" - through quick, efficient service and an upscale, varied menu, this isn't your average airport food. This bistro would hold its own in any nice city neighborhood. A good sushi menu (signature rolls and nigiri), small plate appetizers (mussels, salmon bruschetta), interesting sandwich and salad options (pulled duck sandwich with fig relish, poached pear and goat cheese salad) and full fancy entrees provide something for most every taste (okay, kids not so much). I had the BLT on ciabatta with black truffle mayo with five-spice fries (flavorful but not too spicy). A full bar with friendly bartenders who greeted regulars by name was a nice touch. A little more expensive but well worth the difference if you have the time. Here's the posted menu from their website, but it's slightly different now. http://www.oneflewsouthatl.com/foodanddrink.html

1  Thank SouthGaTravelGuy
Reviewed September 18, 2013

They have a nice wine by the glass menu, I prefer the Chardonnay Hahn they have. The sushi rolls and sashimi was very good and fresh. The service was very good too. I did find it a bit pricy though and to forewarn, they automatically add 18% gratuity to your check, even when you're alone.

1  Thank EWBrown
Reviewed September 16, 2013

If you are ever on a lay-over or waiting for a flight at the international terminal F in Atlanta Airport, try this restaurant.
With today's airline food service you don´t want to take a long flight on an empty stomach, but neither with a fatty heavy meal.... And OFS' sushi was just great
Service was friendly and really fast. Had 2 rolls (Dragon & Spicy Tuna) and they were great! Yes, it may be a little more expensive than a hamburger combo next door, but definitely worth it.
The only disadvantage was that it seemed full, but since I was alone, I was quickly seated at the bar and was able to see how fresh everything was.

3  Thank Fer T
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Beautiful place I got the Mussels but when the order came it was The Salmon. It was raw so I sent it back and finally got something I could eat. The wait staff is very pleasant and the problem may be in the Kitchen. If you have some money to blow and want try to avoid fast prepared food eat there. It is expensive but what else are you going to do