“highly recommended”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Airport layovers after a long international flight are always a drag. So spending an hour or two at this very upscale restaurant with excellent service and great decor, is a welcome treat. Its not cheap but the food and service is worth it

Reviewed January 19, 2013

This place is about on par with the restaurants in T5 at JFK. But it's undoubtedly the best food you will find at ATL. Great cocktails (at NYC/SF/London prices). Interesting asian influenced comfort food. Sushi chefs who look like they know what they're doing with all that fresh fish. Service that is prompt and attentive to the needs of travelers (but you will probably need at least a 90-120 minute connection to not feel rushed).

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were stuck in Atlanta recently for a 7 hour layover because our flight got canceled due to over booking! We were all stressed out - but nothing puts me in a good mood like sushi. My friend told me about this place. located in terminal E. the sushi is insanely expensive! 14.99 for TWO pieces of nigiri!!! rolls average about 12.00 - 16.00 for an 8 piece roll!! but it is AMAZING and very fresh. the wine is great too. you almost (almost) forget you're at an airport. great service!!! other than the price A+

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I continue to see this place listed in the top 3 restaurants in Atlanta, so I had to try it. The sushi was VERY good. I have had better. The service was very good. I have had better. Way overpriced, even when expensing it. It is a very good restaurant. It is an excellent airport restaurant, but it is VERY overpriced. A miso soup, 4 pieces of nigiri and a cider for $50. There is no way this is the best restaurant in Atlanta.

1  Thank Roadhore
Reviewed January 3, 2013

It was New Year's Eve and the thought eating either highly sugared foods or overly salted food Atlanta’s Hartfield Jackson International Airport turned my stomach. I was willing to forego dinner that night, then decided to let my fingers so some research. I typed into Google, “best food at Atlanta’s Hartifled Jackson airport” and a Frommers review came up of “One Flew South”. I was still skeptical as apart from London, Paris or Istanbul, I have never had a decent meal especially at any US airport. Imagine our surprise to be seated in a modern more upscale restaurant with first class Asian Fusion food. The service was fast and friendly the presentation was highly professional and best of all, the food was amazing from the starter, main course and dessert all were freshly prepared, with a marriage of the best of flavors. The raw salmon Bruschetta, the Duck breast and the Sushi Scallops and to top it off the Burbon Bread pudding….were all exceptional.
I have given the restaurant 4 stars instead as the music was the usual “noise” found in any department store or noisy airport background “noise”. I felt that the food was classy and had the music been classy I would have given them 5 stars.

1  Thank suedegrandis