“Amazingly Expensive, Delicious Sushi”
Review of One Flew South

One Flew South
Ranked #8 of 3,986 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were stuck in Atlanta recently for a 7 hour layover because our flight got canceled due to over booking! We were all stressed out - but nothing puts me in a good mood like sushi. My friend told me about this place. located in terminal E. the sushi is insanely expensive! 14.99 for TWO pieces of nigiri!!! rolls average about 12.00 - 16.00 for an 8 piece roll!! but it is AMAZING and very fresh. the wine is great too. you almost (almost) forget you're at an airport. great service!!! other than the price A+

There are newer reviews for One Flew South

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I continue to see this place listed in the top 3 restaurants in Atlanta, so I had to try it. The sushi was VERY good. I have had better. The service was very good. I have had better. Way overpriced, even when expensing it. It is a very good restaurant. It is an excellent airport restaurant, but it is VERY overpriced. A miso soup, 4 pieces of nigiri and a cider for $50. There is no way this is the best restaurant in Atlanta.

1  Thank Roadhore
Reviewed January 3, 2013

It was New Year's Eve and the thought eating either highly sugared foods or overly salted food Atlanta’s Hartfield Jackson International Airport turned my stomach. I was willing to forego dinner that night, then decided to let my fingers so some research. I typed into Google, “best food at Atlanta’s Hartifled Jackson airport” and a Frommers review came up of “One Flew South”. I was still skeptical as apart from London, Paris or Istanbul, I have never had a decent meal especially at any US airport. Imagine our surprise to be seated in a modern more upscale restaurant with first class Asian Fusion food. The service was fast and friendly the presentation was highly professional and best of all, the food was amazing from the starter, main course and dessert all were freshly prepared, with a marriage of the best of flavors. The raw salmon Bruschetta, the Duck breast and the Sushi Scallops and to top it off the Burbon Bread pudding….were all exceptional.
I have given the restaurant 4 stars instead as the music was the usual “noise” found in any department store or noisy airport background “noise”. I felt that the food was classy and had the music been classy I would have given them 5 stars.

1  Thank suedegrandis
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Whenever I go to Atlanta's airport I definitely want to eat there. The food is just awesome, the menu has a selection of spectacular dishes. The msrtinis are di good and he ambience is smooth, just what you need after a flight, font miss it!

1  Thank Regina_Martha
Reviewed December 27, 2012

After seeing One Flew South on several "Best Airport Restaurants in the World" lists, I decided to give it a shot. I flew through Atlanta on Christmas day and was pleased to find them open. They're easy to find in terminal E just at the top of the escalators that bring you up from the train.

First off, the service was very, very good. I wish I had gotten the waitress's name, but she was wonderful. She was warm, friendly, and professional. If you are the lady taking her mom to Spain next year, you did a GREAT job! Thanks for being so cheerful even though you were working on Christmas.

I considered ordering from regular menu (a couple of the duck dishes and the curry looked fantastic), but I decided to go with sushi after seeing the table next to me receive theirs. I had a spicy tuna roll and two pieces of hamachi nigiri. It was excellent. For dessert I had the pineapple "not up-side down" cake and thoroughly enjoyed it. The grilled pupkin bread is perfect with the sauteed pineapple.

The best part- It really isn't that expensive. My entire meal, with tip came to $45. There are sandwiches on the menu for $12 and up, so there's something for everyone.

I will be eating here every chance I can get.

1  Thank EP_AlwaysOnTheGo