“It's like CHEERS” 5 of 5 bubbles

Marlow's Tavern
Ranked #198 of 3,907 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“It's like CHEERS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

"Sometimes you want to go, where everybody knows your name." Well, we don't know each others names, however the managers, servers and bar staff always appear to be so glad you came. :) And one time while ordering take out, the bartender did shake my hand and introduce himself. So I imagine they do have regular guests whose names they do know. :)

Service is always so great. Every question answered, any changes gladly made {not me, however one of my friends} and staff that all appear to truly enjoy their jobs. This always makes for a great dining experience. And on top of that the food is always sooooo good. One of my favorite dishes is the shrimp and grits. They've changed the calamari a couple, maybe few times, but it's always so good. I love the side salad with apples, snap peas, sunflower or maybe its pumpkin seeds, and this last visit I tried the spicy chicken wrap which was pretty darn spicy, but once again oh so good. And the one thing I tried my very first visit that had me going back again and again were the Truffled Parmesan Fries. Whew!!! They are de-li-cious. I've taken friends just to try them and they became fans of the fries also.

I have caught entertainment there once and it was good. Plus they did a Michael Jackson cover song, so hey, that made them even greater.

If anyone if familiar with Houston's restaurants, Marlow's Tavern reminds me of a smaller version of Houston's. Excellent service, signature dishes with daily and seasonal features with a neighborhood bar feel and appeal. Oh and consistency. No matter which one you visit, I have a feeling standards in service and food will always be the same. I've only visited one other, the East Cobb location and service and food were the same. I hope this is true of them all and hope it continues because I am currently a huge fan and Marlow's is one of the places I consider first when I want to show off one of Atlanta's great spots to visiting family and friends.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Full Service All Around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

For starters the atmosphere of the restaurant is nice. The server Brandi and the manager made the experience of the food that much better. Food: shrimp and grits, an excellent balance of flavor. The fried grit cakes, shrimp, spinach, and beurre blanc sauce combination fit together perfectly. Very rich and enough food to split with another person. I don't recommend the fish tacos, they lacked adequate sauce, had too much lettuce and not enough seasoning on the fish. The s'mores dessert was very one dimensional. It was suppose to be a mixture of chocolate and peanut with layers of graham cracker crust. It was more like just peanut butter and finely ground graham cracker dust. Overall: Go and Try!

Smyrna, Georgia
“Amazing Food and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

OMG...amazing food! I got the 10 piece buffalo wing appetizer with a side of fries and my fiance got the shrimp and grits. Both were SO good! The server even brought us a free appetizer of some sort of home made potato chips with a blue cheese type sauce (can't remember the name) since we were first-time visitors. Our drinks were constantly refilled and the lovely waitress checked on us with the best attitude every few minutes. I subtracted one star because my fiance said even though his dish was amazing, he didn't feel that the portion size was adequate given the price of the food. We want to go back on a Sunday when they have AYCE brunch for $15.99!

Chattanooga, TN
“Good food, spotty service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

The noise level outside being slightly less than inside, we waited for a bit until an outside table became available. There were four of us and our waitress came by very quickly to take our drink orders: water; Guinness and water; two of us already had drinks from the walk up bar outside. After a reasonable time, two waters and one coke (?) showed up. We needed a little more time with the menu, so when the waitress came back to take our order, we mentioned the missing Guinness and random coke. Our appetizers arrived in reasonable time - asparagus fries and Parmesan fries. Along with the dressing on the side for the entree salad. Strange timing. And still no Guinness. We'd not had the appetizers on the table for more than a couple minutes when out came the entrees with apologies for the timing "but it's better to go ahead and bring them" the waitress kept saying. As opposed, I suppose, to keeping them sitting in the kitchen. Yes, sure. Still no Guinness. At one point the waitress came by said something about the tap needing to be changed out. The Guinness finally did arrive. I'm not sure why the timing was so off -- on the dressing (no big deal) the entrees (which definitely interfered with our enjoyment of the appetizers) and the Guinness (the biggest timing fail of them all). The food was all good. I'm just not in any hurry to return due to the mediocre service.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Surprisingly Different.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

A cross between a Restaurant and a Good Bar.Very classy and a Great atmosphere with different walks of life enjoying an extravagant selection of tasty mouth watering succulent meals served with an artistic view of color and a good presentation.Service is excellent and very helpful.A good experience.

Visited July 2013