“Very Nice Place”

Ranked #121 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Madison, AL
“Very Nice Place”
Reviewed May 21, 2010

We stayed at this hotel on a Friday night. We had a flight to Jamaica on Saturday morning. They have a very good Park and Fly deal. You can leave your vehicle at the property and take the shuttle to the airport in the morning. When you return, you simply call and they will come get you at the airport. So right off, this was an extremely good value. We arrived pretty late Friday and left pretty early Saturday, so I don't have alot of data to share. I will say the rooms are very nice, the place is new, and the staff is very courteous. I would recommend this place in a heartbeat. Because it is new, I had a little problem finding it with my GPS. Maybe check the website for updated directions, or it could be that I need to update my maps in my GPS.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Medford, OR
Reviewed April 10, 2010

This was great for a quick overnight stay before an early AM flight out of ATL. It is about 5-10 minutes from the rental car return area. The shuttle driver's directions back tot he airport were spot on. Even though you can go up to the 5th floor and watch the planes land I never heard one in my room. Nicely appointed rooms.

The breakfast was great and available before the 6:00 am opening time. Not much else close to the hotel.

The signage on Clark Howell Hwy. is definitely lacking and easy to miss the parking lot entrance. Other than that it was a great stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Lake Orion, Michigan
Reviewed January 21, 2010

The hotel offers a shuttle to the airport (of course), and is only a few minutes away. Clean rooms, updates throughout, mini fridge and microwave were nice touches. Daughter and I enjoyed the free continental breakfast!

Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Urbandale, Iowa
Reviewed December 12, 2009

Well to start out the review you may want to read my Jamaica review. But, we were flying home and our flight from Atlanta to Des Moines, Iowa was cancelled due to weather. The ticket desk at the airport suggested Country inn. After a quick Tripadvisor look on my blackberry, we decided no way!! Thanks Tripadvisor!!

We got to the main concourse and were looking at the wall o' hotels. And I noticed a new comfort suites with a top floor bar and restaurant. Keep in mind we are coming home from a week of all inclusive pampering. I pick up the phone and diall 66. What I heard on the other end of the line put a smile on my face, which for the last 3 hours I didnt think that would have happened. She agreed to the room rate of 59 dollars. And was sending a shuttle to pick us up.

When you leave the airport the shuttles are like salesman. Its seriously annoying. But we kept our word and declined everyone until we seen the airport comfort suites bus. And the lady driving was very nice and welcoming. Am I believe what I am seeing? We were getting treated just as good in Atlanta as we were in Jamaica. We get to the hotel and check in, 2 rooms, no hassles and very friendly desk. I also have to mention how nice this place is. Our rooms were no kidding nicer than our 400 dollar a night resort that we just left from. The beds were very comfy and tall like ours at home. The rooms are all suites, I mean couch, fridge, microwave and best of all 32" lcd tv. It didnt matter we just wanted a nice place to sleep to get back home.

We were hungry so went upstairs to floor 5 which is an all glass restaurant. I cant remember the servers name, but she was awesome. She kept our drinks coming. We didnt want alcohol due to being sick of it for the last week. I ordered pizza and the women got steaks. The prices are excellent. 12 dollars for a ribeye and 10 dollars for a pizza the size of a semi tire. We also met Steve. We guessed Steve to be a truck driver that was drinking Crown Royal on the rocks. He was hammered drunk and was pretty much in love with my friends wife. But he was a nice guy, he just needed cut off. It was kinda hard to enjoy our well earned dinner when Steve was around. But there is one in every crowd. We finished eating and went back to the room, telling Steve good night.

I slept better than I have all week. The morning came fast and the granite walled hot shower was perfect. I went down to the computer in the lobby to check the flight. Its was on time. We ate the complementary breakfast downstairs. This isnt your normal donut and coffee breakfast. I mean eggs, sausage, bagels, juices, and most important two belgian waffle makers. I would have to say the breakfast was better than our resorts breakfast. Then here comes Steve, now sober, told us good morning and was off in his truck. We checked out and got another ride to the airport where we spent 12 hours until the 10pm flight home.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank backniowa
Memphis
Reviewed October 17, 2009

We began trip in Atlanta; stayed two nights at Comfort Suites near airport. Facility was very neat and clean with exceptionally friendly staff, especially Jenette. Enjoyed breakfast, internet access, pool, and the most comfortable mattress since my last stay in a Marriott! After two nights in Atlants, off to SC for several days, returning to Atlanta the night before our flight back home from the Atlanta airport. Convenience was great, dropped off rental car night before flight, shuttle was readily available with friendly driver. Only 10 minutes to airport next morning. Highly recommend for business or leisure travelers. One last tip: for theater lovers, don't forget to check out AtlanTix for half price tickets (same day). Great bargain!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Boutte, Louisiana
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We stayed in this Hotel for 4 days, and we were treated like royalty. First we had a late flight and arrived at the Hotel at approx. 10pm. We asked if they could recommend a restaurant nearby, and they said they had a restaurant on the fifth floor, but it had just closed. The owner of the Hotel overheard the conversation, and stepped up immediately and told the desk clerk to contact the chef and ask them to stay. They did, and we had a great steak and baked potato meal without even leaving again. During our stay, the room was extremely clean and ALL OF THE STAFF were so friendly. We travel approximately 6 to 8 times per year, and this hotel is one of our new favorites. We attend Nascar races annually in Atlanta, and will definitely book our room again next year at Comfort Suites Atlanta Airport. Thanks to all of the staff there for making us feel at home!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Harrison, Arkansas
Reviewed August 5, 2009

This hotel seems to be a fairly new property and is very nice and clean. The location is kind of out of the way and a little hard to find with directions not that clear. But once you arrive, it is easy from that point. The room was clean and all the fixtures and room amenities were nice and in working order. Bed was comfortable and nice with free internet access. It could have been clearer on how to get online because that wasn't to easy. They had to give you a code to put in and didn't advertise what that code was when you arrived.

Now service was another issue. Staff was not friendly overall and was not helpful. They didn't greet you when you left or arrived and when I had a question it was almost as if I was bothering them. I stood at the front desk counter for a good 3-5 minutes before a desk clerk acknowledged my presence and then they didn't seem helpful. That was all the staff, not just one. they need to work on customer service in a bad way. I asked directions several times and the staff didn't really want to help me and were very uneducated about attractions, restaurants and other things to do in the area or even in Atlanta.

I will say though, that I rose early on Saturday morning and they didn't have newspaper service on that day. I mentioned it to a gentleman that looked like he was putting out the breakfast or managing the breakfast and he said they didn't have paper service on Saturdays or Sundays, but the next thing I knew, he had gotten me a paper to read. He left the hotel and went and purchased a couple just for me and other visitors at breakfast. I wish I had gotten his name because that was great customer service and made me feel wanted at the hotel.

Had a decent indoor pool like a lot of the newer properties that was a great amenity and they have a restaurant/bar on the top floor that was very nice. That is a great amenity because you are kind of out of the way and you can get a drink and food there at the hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank tycook
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North
Ramada Atlanta Airport East/Forest Park
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
Best Western Plus Atlanta Airport-East
Best Western Plus Hotel & Suites Airport South
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North

Been to Comfort Suites Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!