“GREAT CLEAN HOTEL”

Ranked #121 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
San Francisco, California
“GREAT CLEAN HOTEL”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel and we really enjoyed ourselves.We based our stay on the location based on how close it was to the airport. When we arrived we were greated by friendly hotel staff and Mr. Liam Hickey(the owner) who had fresh baked cookies ready at what he call a"Meet & Greet" My wife who is a "clean freak" checked the room and she was surprised at how clean the room was.We ate dinner in the resturant and enjoyed the view. Overall, we had a wonderful stay and we even booked our stay in October with them for 7days.

Room Tip: rooftop view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Convenient location to Atlanta airport (shuttle provided) for overnight. Great to have indoor pool but it is unheated and very cold as was jacuzzi. Restaurant and bar on 5th floor with outdoor terrace. If you enjoy watching planes, this is a front row seat. Keeahna and the rest of the staff epitomize Southern hospitality and food was above average bar food. Rooms spacious but need general maintenance---light bulbs missing/wet bathroom ceilings. A concern was the number of doors to the outside that were propped open...how secure is the lodging?
Southern hopsitality was warmly received and deeply appreciated.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, PA
Reviewed July 31, 2012

When I made the reservation through Choice Hotels reservation line, I asked for the most highly rated Comfort Suites in the area. They suggested this one. Right now I'm still in the room and saying to myself, "You've got to be kidding!" I stay almost exclusively in Comfort Suites and I will not be back to this one. They have the "Blu Sky Rooftop Bar and Grill" on the top floor and that is definitely their biggest concern, not the hotel. It just gives the place a "sleazy" feel. When I got to the room, I found that the air conditioner did not work. It didn't even come on! This is summer in Atlanta and it was hot in the room. The air conditioner was completely dead. You mean the housekeeping staff didn't notice that earlier in the day? Really?? I came back down to the front desk and they gave me the keys to an adjoining room. Back up to the third floor I went. The keys didn't work - neither of them! To top it off, now the keys to my original room didn't work so I couldn't get my luggage out. Finally, they admited that they had a new key system and it wasn't working very well. So they sent someone up to the room with me with the second set of new keys. I just fought Atlanta's insane traffic to get here and didn't need this. Finally, I just got room service and the food was so-so. Aaaahhhh! I was going to stay here another night but I just booked a room at the Comfort Suites north of here in Buford. I'm not staying here another night. Perhaps this is a good hotel if you're only going to stay over before catching a plane the next morning but I wouldn't stay longer than you have to.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had a great stay at this Comfort Suites from July 5th to July 8 when we used City Pass to tour local attractions. Hotel was safe, clean, quiet and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. There was a problem with the internet the first night and instead of making excuses they did something about it. Breakfast was plentiful (please stock ketchup ;) ) and the restaurant at the top of the hotel serves great dessert! Fun to watch the planes come and go, my husband and daughter would go up and watch every night. The hotel is tastefully decorated with an area for watching tv, a quieter area for reading a book and checking messages online and then the dining area. The indoor pool was nice to relax in after site seeing and the hot tub was equally enjoyable. We will always stay here when we go to Atlanta.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Holly
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Although not in the nicest of areas, it was convenient to the airport and not far from Turner Field, which was our destination in Atlanta. The rooms were clean and the service was great. The breakfast was quite nice. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank stevieyz19
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

One of the best hotels I have stayed at. The staff was extremely helpful and informative. The hotel also offers free transportation on demand to the airport and MARTA station. The room was nice as well as the indoor pool and hot tub!

• Stayed July 2012
Pittsburg
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Stayed here off and on during a week of work in the Atlanta area. The staff was exceptional on friendliness, cleanliness and accommodation! The Roof Top 5th floor Bar/Grill had a tasteful and affordable menu and the atmosphere was relaxing yet lively! Once again I can not stress the accomodation and quality of this Hotel and It's Staff. I would not stay anywhere else in Atlanta! Thank You for a pleasant stay away from Home!
ACME GIRL

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North
Ramada Atlanta Airport East/Forest Park
Best Western Plus Hotel & Suites Airport South
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
Best Western Plus Atlanta Airport-East
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North

Been to Comfort Suites Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!