“It's ok.”
Review of High Museum of Art

High Museum of Art
Ranked #10 of 292 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Owner description: This stunning, porcelain-enameled building was designed by famed architect Richard Meier and is rivaled only by the art inside. Featuring American, European and African art, as well as decorative art and photography, the High Museum boasts a permanent collection of over 11,000 pieces, many of which can be viewed from different levels of the four-story, glass atrium.
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I think the permanent collection is pretty average and, in parts, uninteresting. However, the High often has touring collections that are almost always interesting and worth the visit. I recce taking MARTA rather than driving as parking is expensive but MARTA is $5 round trip.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,731)

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I was very pleased with the high museum of art and loved it. I will be going here again. Its rather large so there is a lot of walking so prepare yourself and wear flats

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I love love museums so when I'm in a different state I always vista the museum there. The only issue I had with this place is parking sucks and it's expensive. The exhibits are worth the hassle to me so I'll be back.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I am a local and have been to the High a number of times, most recently for the Golf exhibit. Special exhibits at the High are thoughtfully arranged and this was no exception. Everything from landscapes of Scottish links, to portraits of Bobby Jones, to the musings of Snoopy on the subject of golf was there and melded together in a very harmonious way.

1  Thank WRJ1
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Unless you really like decorative arts and primitive art, wait for special exhibitions to go to the High