“Great date atmosphere”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was an upper level bar. The appetizers were wonderful!! Definitely your typical bar fare. I enjoyed pork belly on a bed of sautéed kale. It was delicious! As was the white bean hummus and pita dish and the cheese platter. The bartender was wonderful and made great drinks and recommendations. Loved the music. The bar is dim and seems more like a date place than a place to hang out. There are 3 separate bars in one, however, I did not make it upstairs.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

They open until 1am .
This place is great for late night food and drinks.
Very romantic type of place with candle lights but gets hip later at night.
I had garlic Brussels sprouts and kale , scallops for main, and grilled octopus for the appetizer .
Everything was great .
And price is really cheap for what you get . Great value !

Reviewed April 15, 2013

$18 for three scallops!!! By no means am i cheap at all. I will pay good money for good food. But $18 for 3 scallops is crazy. I expect that at a Legal Seafood. A place that specializes in seafood entrees. If you go there try something else. But the service isnt that good either.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Went there to catch up with a long time friend and this place was suggested. This place had a great atmosphere and would be great for a date. Our waitress was very nice and was very attentive. The food was great and I loved the mac and cheese along with the shrimp pasta. This place is not cheap, but not terribly expensive. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone and will return to try some of the other dishes.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

At the moment, I'm feeling that two stars is very liberal after the experience my friends and I had here last weekend. I typically love this place, which is why I decided to dine here with 10 of my friends for my birthday. However, what a LET DOWN. This was truly the WORST SERVICE I've ever experienced in my life. It started off when we were having a couple of drinks at the bar while waiting for our table. The bartender, screwed up 3 of my friends' drinks (seriously?) and then was such an a-hole that he blamed them for his screwup and had a total attitude. Then, we didn't sit down until 9:15 when we had an 8:30 reservation. We were all so hungry we were about to eat our napkins, so we told the waitress we wanted to go ahead and order our entrees and drinks at the same time. She told us "no" and said she was going to put our drink orders in and then come right back for our orders. Wrong. She dissapeared for 15 minutes. Our food took forever, but I'll give the waitress one single nice comment, she did fill up our wine glasses at no-charge since everything was taking forever. That was nice, but we were still starving and irritated. Once the food came, appetizers came out with entrees, so the timing was all off. The food, however, was wonderful! Everyone loved their entrees, although at that point, we were so hungry we would've eaten durian and loved it, so who knows. My last complaint, we had separate checks which I realize is a pain for servers, but I've waited tables, and really, it's not that complicated! A couple peoples bills were wrong, and then it took literally 30 minutes for the waitress to sort it out. And then they started blaming the computer system. OK, I understand that computer systems go down, but they didn't tell us until it had been 30 minutes, and they kept making excuses. TERRIBLE. By then, we had been sitting there for so long we were all hungry again! The waitress was completely out of it, not apologetic and completely dense. The manager must've realized this, because he did end up giving us a $150 gift card since our experience was so awful, but honestly, I don't ever want to go back there.

I've been a fan of Top Flr in the past because their food is awesome and not too pricey, and I love the music they play and the atmosphere is decent. However, they need to fire their bartender and stop hiring dense fools who do not have an understanding of customer service.