“Very intimate”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Spring Street NW
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I checked into the W on August 16. We decided on BLT for dinner, since it was on the premises. We arrived between the lunch and dinner hour, so we were given a small menu to choose from. My husband wanted the lamb and because it was for dinner, our waitress asked the chef if he would prepare it for my husband, he obliged. I ordered the Lobster Cobb Salad on the short menu. The lobster was sweet and the salad was very filling. I also ordered a Jamaican Expresso which was absolutely delicious. We were the only couple there at the time, so service was very courteous and prompt.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Went with friends for restaurant week and it was the first time any of us had been to BLT. We were very impressed. I had the wedge salad, the mussels in coconut milk soup and the peach crumble. I was a little disappointed in the mussels as they were the smallest I had ever seen, and the peach crumble was simply 2 peach halves with crumble on them. It looked cheap and not at all special. In between the meal there were wonderful extras. When we sat down everyone was served a liver spread with toast to put it on, which was surprisingly good. Then with the salads we were served large and wonderfully warm popovers. They were so good if they weren't free I would have happily have paid for them. With our desserts a little chocolate bite for each of us was also served. Not sure what it was, but it was yummy....and better than the hot peach halves.....which again were weird. I would go back to BLT again with no problem. It was great, everything was cooked perfectly for myself and my friends as alike. The service was excellent and I appreciated that they validated parking.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Had the hanger steak, gazpacho with rock shrimp and chocolate mousse with wine pairing. Everything was delicious and attentive service. The night club next door was really hopping when we were leaving. Will be back here for another dinner and perhaps clubbing.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

The staff was very friendly, knew their products and were willing to make adjustments. The waiter even helped us pick out a few night spots. We will be back.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Liked the atmosphere, friendly hostess. Our waitress was average. Steak was good but not over the top. Ordered a char-grilled romaine salad which was a special option for the eveing, and it was bland, had very little dressing. Would not order again. There are many options at BLT for sauces/dips for your steak - our waitress was very short and didn't recommend any, just asked which one we preferred. We did ask for her suggestion and went with that. In hindsight, it would be nice for first time customers to have a sample option of each of their signature sauces. The highlight for my family was the fresh baked "pop-overs" - super large bread muffins w/cheese baked in the top. Not certain we will go back.