Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,207 results
All reviewscommunity smithfront deskgeorgia techrooftop baraveda productscity viewvalet parkingvalet staffcar servicerestaurants and barspiedmont parkvery nice hotelupon checkper daydefinitely stay here againthe entire stafffitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stay in this hotel a lot (probably 30 days total over the last 3 months). I have to say that they do a fantastic job of taking care of me. The service is typically exceptional. The rooms are very nice. Room service is pricey but good. The person who typically delivers room service is fabulous. The hotel kind of reminds me of some of the nicer resorts in Vegas.

That said, a few small areas of improvement:
1. Parking is insanely expensive. I avoid parking at the hotel at all costs.
2. For some reason, the room maid crew doesn't operate at the same level of service as the rest of the hotel. Numerous times they've attacked my door when I've told them I'm busy or not ready to leave. Hanging the privacy tag doesn't help, it sounds like a circus is taking place outside the door. For the price and scale of this hotel you'd think they would do a better job at cleaning rooms.

Room Tip: All rooms seem nice. If you want to spend the money or points, the suites are a great experience.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for your candid feedback--both positive and the areas with which we can improve. I certainly appreciate both and will personally follow up with the team on all accounts. I am thankful as well for your loyalty and the fact that you chose to stay with us so often recently. I do understand your comment about parking, we do complete frequent market analysis and we are in fact cheaper than hotels in the Buckhead and Downtown markets and on par with those Midtown hotels that offer Valet parking. Clearly unacceptable for you to have housekeeping/style related issues and I will follow up with our Style Leaders to address. Again, thanks for sharing your experience.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Nice and clean room. Great bed and a shower that keeps temperature on a constant level. WiFi coverage in the conference rooms and lobby need some work. If your into southern food, there's a great restaurant (South City Kitchen Midtown) a few blocks down the road. A drink at the 866 Rooftop bar is highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Fantastic--thanks for your comments--especially to go to Rooftop 866--we do have firepits and space heaters to keep you warm this fall. I will check into the WIFI that you mention in the meeting space. We typically receive good comments regarding speed, stability and connectivity. I appreciate the comments and will share with our team. Looking forward to seeing you very soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a great business hotel! The rooms are very nice and the bed is typical Marriott - very comfortable! My only complaint is the $15 wifi fee. This is ridiculous and should not happen in 2013. The terrace bar is a great setting. The staff is very accommodating.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Outstanding! Thanks for your comments --glad to see you enjoyed the hotel and the Rooftop 866 bar. I would like to share that we do have some rates available that include WIFI and are discounted. You can see those on our website. Unlike some locations or venues where you can access free WIFI, we do offer WIFI at very high speeds and with a level of security that you can be confident in. I do hope that as an industry we find a way to resolve this issue.

Thanks again.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was here for 7 wonderful days with my wife. Although on the pricier side, the service was outstanding. We had 1 night of room-service, from the first call to the person that brought our food up, it was brought up in a timely manner and the food was delicious.
My car was valeted throughout the week i was there....$32 a day. The valet were quick, polite, courteous and extremely helpful with bags, check-in and directions. Fantastic job to the valet team.
I would of given Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel an overall excellent if it were not for our check-out experience. At the front desk there was a young lady, i believe her first name started with a K. She was unpleasant, not very friendly and made my wife feel as if she was at fault when we asked for a separate bill for the valet and room-service from our room. She did not even thank us for our stay nor did she ask if we enjoyed our time at the hotel, although the Valet did ask.
Overall it is a very good hotel. I would comeback. I just think with a reputation such as the Renaissance, you expect good customer service 24/7.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Good afternoon. First, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback--I always find it to be very valuable! Loved that you received "outstanding service" in many areas of the hotel and will follow up personally on your check out experience.

So very delighted to read about your stay.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was very pleased with this hotel. The room was very nice and clean. The only downside was the lighting in the bathroom was poor. I also ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant and the meal was great. The lobby has a very impressive fish tank. Best of all there is a Starbucks only about two blocks away. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments. I was very pleased to read your review and note that you not only enjoyed the room, but also our breakfast in Briza! Quite special indeed as our Chef was on the "Top Chef" TV series.

We'll look for you in the near future.