“Modern, A Little Isolated”

Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel
Ranked #16 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The hotel decor is very modern, with hip music playing in the lobby. My first Renaissance experience and I found it pleasant.

Midtown is a bit isolated, depending on what you're in Atlanta for. It is, however, just a couple of blocks from a MARTA station. If you are heading to/from the airport and have just a rolling bag, it's extremely cheap and convenient to use the train instead of a cab.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Good afternoon and thanks so much for taking time to provide us some much appreciated feedback . Our staff thrives on such feedback and we always find it helpful. Delighted to hear your first experience with a Renaissance hotel was a positive one-we are extremely proud of our hotel and the service we provide. We will look forward to seeing you again, here at the bit of a hidden gem in the heart of Midtown Atlanta.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Start with the staff lying about giving us a corner room then finding out it was in the middle of the hall . Second strike against them was that food we brought and stored in the mini bar was taken out on our second day there so we were left without our meal. Food is quite expensive there. They won't allow you to park your own car or bring down your own luggage. Oh yes I found a used bandaid between the sheets and by that time I was over complaining. Hallways were loud all night with pastures in and out of rooms nearby. Overall a big disappointment and will not go back to this hotel ever again.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you so very much for providing feedback and comments about your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the challenges you experienced. I assure you that this is not the norm for our hotel. I have personally addressed the issues with our team and I am confident that these were/are isolated incidents. I do however realize that was not the case in your experience and truly hope you give us another opportunity to prove otherwise the next time your travels bring you to Atlanta. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

The hotel is modern, a nice design and spacious room. Everything is just clean and in order, the staff very nice and supportive. Room breakfast order came by the minute. The gym has modern equipment and is large enough. The only thing to watch is the location. Downtown, shoppingcenters are some minutes away but the hotel in close to Georgia Tech and some a nice walking zone with shops is just around the corner.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank UHen1

Outstanding! Thanks so much for your comments. I was nothing short of delighted to hear how you enjoyed your stay. I have shared with our team of course and I certainly appreciate that you take the time to let us know. We hope to see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

My first visit to this location..great hotel, very professional, clean and wonderful. The staff is great! I was very impressed and extremely satisfied. The location is prime for work or play. I would suggest this location to anyone visiting Atlanta.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Xygbx

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I was absolutely delighted to read your comments and am so glad you had such a positive stay. We will certainly look forward to your return visit and soon.

Thanks again.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Really enjoyed the stay. Nice room an amenities. Pretty convenient to the park, Marta, tech and midtowne action. And I got a great deal ion Hotwire? Didn't check out much of the facilities but did hit the rooftop bar. It is on a lower roof so a little misleading, but great all the same

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review and post! Always appreciative of the feedback received-especially when you have good things to share-which I always do with our team! I was delighted to hear that you had a great stay, enjoyed the amenities we offer, the great location and on top of all that got a great deal!

We look forward to your next trip to Atlanta!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I came to Atlanta for a conference on Georgia Tech's campus. This hotel was convenient to the campus but was also a nice retreat away from the swarm of engineers. The staff is very friendly and forward in recommendations outside of the in-house restaurant. I always value this as many concierge employees are pressed to recommend their own restaurants. (As a note, the restaurant here is very good.) The room was spacious and very modern. Definitely a fine representative of the Renaissance chain and what it is attempting to be and is accomplishing. Of the hotels in the midtown area, this is my favorite. Book it if you'll be in the area.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank OhioNole
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you, thank you, Thank you!!! I appreciate your comments, and was glad to hear that our staff was able to offer some great local recommendations, that is a cornerstone of the Renaissance brand (local area knowledge) as you well know. Thank you also for your comment about Briza and that it was a good choice as well (our hotel restaurant). I share the comments received with our staff and they love to hear all the positive comments! Look forward to seeing you again in 2013.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel is obviously recently remodeled and kudo's to the designer. The colors, finishes and decor of the rooms blend together very well. We were thrilled with our rooms, the beds and pillows were divine. The restaurant is still under renovation but the staff and service for breakfast in the converted ball room were friendly, quick and courteous. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth J

Thank you so very much for your comments and for taking the time to share your experience. I was pleased to hear and see that you thought so highly of the hotel and the design and furnishings. We needed to close the restaurant to redo the floors (hardwoods) and that is complete and they look great! Glad to hear that we were able to provide a fast, efficient alternative in the mean time!