“My stay was great, posh digs and quiet. Just what I needed.”

Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel
Ranked #20 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Staff was accommodating, we had children with us, and needed a playard. The room was clean, and parking wasn't an issue, because we used the meters. Very cute boutique spot, catered toward the grownup crowd, but it worked for our family. Great stay overall.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank JanelRussell
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review and post your comments about your stay. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed it so much. We will look forward to your return visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,175)

Reviewed November 9, 2012

The location is perfect and I could get used to having men open the door for me! I would go for a run at peidmont park (1 mile away) and no matter what speed I was running when I came back that door was open and I was asked if I enjoyed my run. I think they were watching out for me!
The rooms are clean and spacious. The bar has the best home made potato chips. And even the banquet foot has flavor and variety. This was a perfect location for a business meeting. I only wish I had more time to spend here being pampered.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank StillinLOVEsince84
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Hi. I absolutely loved the title of your review, "Treated like a lady". That's exactly what we aspire to deliver in terms of service! And I was glad to see we were spot on, and that you felt pampered. You of course are welcome to return anytime to get this same treatment!

Enjoy your day!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This property has surpassed the Georgian Terrace as my favorite place to stay for Georgia Tech events. My wife and I stayed here for Georgia Tech's Homecoming. We have stayed here several times before and the quality of the room and service has always been top notch.

The hotel is pet friendly but we can't tell that any pets stay in our room. They must have rooms set aside for the pets since every room we have stayed in is immaculate with no signs that a pet has stayed. And with animal allergies we would definitely know.

The rooms are very nice with comfortable beds and quiet HVAC. The TV features real high definition channels. Internet speed is good. My room had a computer in it that has a menu system for different services in the hotel, such as in room dining, restaurant hours and menu, nearby attractions and other hotel related items. Unfortunately the in room dining menu was not updated. I called for some room service and the item I wanted was not on the restaurant's menu but the gentleman on the phone went through the menu and handled our order very well. They always say it will be a 45 minute wait but our food always arrives in less than 30 minutes.

If you like great views, get a higher room. The south rooms face downtown and are slightly more expensive than rooms facing the north toward Buckhead. But the north rooms have great views too so pocket the money and take the north room (unless you can get a south facing room for the same price.)

There is no place to park your car so you have to valet or park at a nearby garage. Parking is around $30/day with valet. The wait for your car is not as bad as the Georgian Terrace, but its not great either. Usually its a 5-10 minute wait for your car. I have started parking at the Centergy lot located at the corner of Abercrombie Pl and Spring Street. It is only a little over 1 block walk from the hotel to the parking garage and its $10/day. So if you don't need your car often and don't mind walking you can save some money parking.

The rooftop bar is actually not on the roof. It is on the Terrace level (2nd floor) above the restaurant. It is outside but views are not that great with all the tall buildings surrounding this bar.

The restaurant is top notch with an excellent bar. I can highly recommend it for breakfast and dinner if you don't feel like venturing away from the hotel. But nice restaurants and bars are within walking distance from the hotel. Go south on W. Peachtree to 5th street and try the Barrelhouse for some simple bar type food. A cheaper bar than the hotel bar is located on the corner of Abercrombie and W. Peachtree with very friendly bartenders. Walk north on W. Peachtree to Steel for some very good food with an Japanese/Asian influence. Marlowes is another great place that people go to watch sports but has a very good selection of American type food. There are some other restaurants you can try next to Marlowes.

Bottom line - this is a great hotel located near Ga. Tech and within walking distance to some nice restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room for the better views. North facing rooms are usually a little cheaper. If pric...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank W4ATL

Good afternoon and thanks for your review of the hotel. We are indeed the hotel to choose if you are attending anything related to GA Tech. I have shared your comments with the team, especially the one about our "top notch" service levels. I have addressed the IRD menu issue, sorry about that, but did want to be sure to follow up on that. Additionally, I appreciate your comment about the Suitelinq rooms and was glad to hear you liked that. We are conducting a trial and love to get feedback about that.

We'll look forward to welcoming you the next time you travel to Atlanta!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I enjoy staying here. Everything about this hotel is on point. The staff is fantastic. The rooms are impeccable.

I typically arrive late in the evening and order room service as soon as I get in. The kitchen is open late and much better than worrying about finding a nearby restaurant. I also appreciate that they still have wired Internet access in the rooms.

I probably stay at this hotel 6-8 times per year.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a PURE Allergy Friendly room. Best sleep I've had in months.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank uberclerk

Thank you so much for your feedback about our hotel. I, of course was delighted to read that you stay here often and that you have had such a great experience. The PURE rooms are everything you say, I could not agree more that it is indeed the best night's sleep I have had in a hotel room. We'll look forward to your next stay.

Until then....

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed at this property for two nights on business, mid-week in October, 2012.

Arrived from the airport via MARTA and the hotel is a quick walk away - very convenient.

My flight arrived very early and my reservation was notated with a request for early check in (~11:30am). The hotel had my room ready upon arrival, noting that comment during the check in process.

While I was not upgraded - and am not sure if this hotel does upgrades or not - I was treated very well as Marriott Gold member. Free breakfast for two, WiFi, $10 mini-bar credit each day & 10% discount on food in the hotel restaurant were provided as my Elite benefits.

I dined at the hotel restaurant twice - once for breakfast & once for lunch - and had cocktails at the bar both nights of my stay. The food was very good and I think the price was appropriate for what was given. Service by all of the servers as well as the bartenders was very good. I would like to award special recognition to the bartender that was on duty the evening of 23 October 2012 as he did a very, very good job and should be commended.

The hotel has a wine tasting each night from 5-6pm and they put out small food items to go along with the wine each night.

I've found a very distinct trend that when hotels that consistenly respond to TA reviews my experiences there are top notch -- this property was no different. I normally stay in downtown Atlanta hotels 3-4 months out of the year but this gem of a property in midtown just won a good majority of my future business.

Keep up the excellent work!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LedgeT
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Good morning and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. What a great review--not only because of the positive comments regarding the hotel and staff, but mostly because we will see you again upon your return. I was delighted to see that we were able to honor your request for an early check in (one of my priorities as a GM) and that we delighted you as a Marriott Rewards Elite member. We do indeed offer upgrades to our Elite members upon availablilty. We have been extremely busy during October (for that matter all year, especially mid week). I will personally reach out to the bartender for that evening, typically it is Sonny, who receives many positive comments. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Located close to Georgia Tech., this hotel is of a very high standard. Tastefully decorated in a modern style, the hotel and bedrooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. There are a few good restaurants nearby. Breakfast was very good, but quite expensive. Note that parking is valet only ($30/night) and Internet is $20/night. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank ballinora4

Good morning and thank you for your comments about your stay. I was delighted to hear that it was so positive and that you enjoyed our friendly, helpful staff and that you described our guest rooms as decorated with style, spacious, comfortable and of course clean. We strive to achieve all of these descriptions each and every day with every guest. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share them.

Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Nice bathrooms, very clean. I stayed for four nights for a business trip. The attached restaurant is a farm to table restaurant and it's delicious. I even had a nice view.

Aveda products too! The lighting in the bathrooms is weird though - there is a makeup mirror but it's pretty dark in there. Making it difficult to see your makeup.

• Stayed: October 2012
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience here at our hotel. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay AND that you had a chance to experience Briza. We are very proud of the food and service quality that you recieve when dining in Briza. We are working hard on identifying a solution to the lighting issue you mention and we are optimistic that we have identified one potential solution.

thanks again.