Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel
  • Room Service
Hyatt Regency Atlanta(Atlanta)
$109
1,234 results
All reviewscommunity smithfront deskgeorgia techrooftop baraveda productscity viewvalet parkingvalet staffcar servicerestaurants and barspiedmont parkvery nice hotelupon checkper daydefinitely stay here againthe entire stafffitness center
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel is centrally located in the Midtown area of Atlanta. It is a contemporary property with gorgeous rooms. The staff is very friendly especially the valet and bellman personnel who greet you at the door when you arrive. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank AMoyet
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you so much for taking time to post your feedback. I appreciate all the comments and we share the good (and occasional opportunity) with our team each day at our Daily Stand up meeting!. I was delighted to hear of your positive experience, especially with the arrival experience and our valet partners.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Great location, close to everything. Very Midtown. Nice, upscale, and modern hotel with nice rooms. Very nice staff, but thin walls and you hear everything and they charged us for using the bar, which we didn't even know they had drinks in the room and didn't see or use them..... that is the only drawback, but would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

So nice to see your response. Thank you so much for taking the time to submit and of course thanks for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon, in the very near future. I appreciate the feedback and will follow up with our team.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We arrived in Atlanta in a thunderstorm of Biblical proportions. We were greeted by at least 4 smiling valets all with umbrellas!! Check-in was quick so we hurried to the bar for the complimentary wine and snacks.
For the next 3 days we had the best time! The rooftop bar is hopping, Clay the security manager kept us out of trouble, and recommended places to eat and see. Mohumad the valet manager was a delight as he greeted us every night and arranged shuttles and taxi's for us to get to our destinations in the labyrinths of Atlanta.
Kudos for the entire staff, EVERYONE was awesome
Downside...what is with no free WiFii hookup??? and 30.00 a day for parking seemed like highway robbery, but perhaps that is just the way it is!

Room Tip: No pool, but my friend said the exercise room was top of the line
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank LongsPeak2121
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Good afternoon-and a BIG thank you for your comments. Obviously, we love to get reviews like this one, where so many of our Ambassadors were able to provide an exceptional experience for you--especially the Valet team, Anthony and Mohammed. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and recognize Anthony and Mohammed personally. I wanted you to know that WIFI is available for free in our hotel lobby, but as in all Marriott/Renaissance hotels there is still a charge for in-room to enable you to have a secure and fast connection. Parking rates are equal to those of all the hotels in Midtown Atlanta, but actually less expensive than you will find in downtown and Buckhead, but I agree with you personally when it comes to parking rates-they do seem higher than ever. Thanks again for your comments, I certainly appreciate you taking time to provide us the details of your experience. Till next time....

Reviewed August 11, 2012

When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by the valet attendents and bellman and they ran to open the doors for all four passengers in the car. I instantly smiled and said to my friends "now that's what i call service" and even when we told them that we weren't going to valet our car the still were nice and professional and assisted with our bags. Check in was move the young lady at the desk was plesant and vibrant lobby was beautiful. Room was clean nice and modern, spacious bathroom was amazing. I appreciate the attention details they designer made and it pays off wonderful hotel. Only thing is I'm a Marriott guy and they have a contract with Pepsi however this Renaissance had coke. I know that we were in the lank of coke but at least offer both for those of us who are use to that Brand standard : )

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JonRobert
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Good morning! I was absolutely delighted to read about the great arrival experience you had. We strive to exceed expectations from the very first opportunity and it looks like we did in your case! I certainly will share your comments with our team and we hope to see you again soon. Thanks for taking time to share your feedback!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

As usual at a Marriott property, checkin was smooth and courteous. It would have been helpful if the desk clerk had told me the elevator would only go to my floor after I inserted the key, but I figured it out. The room was lovely and quiet, if on the small side. The view was rooftops of Atlanta, as expected. The bed was divine! The only downside was the bathroom: It was immaculate and nicely furnished, but dark. There was one light around the mirror and some additional ceiling lights but, combined, they were much too dim to be useful for makup application. During daylight I took my tiny compact mirror to the window; at night I had to hope for the best. This is a real flaw that needs to be addressed in an otherwise very nice hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Janeite

Good morning and first, thank you for sharing your comments about your stay here at the Renaissance. I was glad to hear you had so many delights, despite the comment about bathroom lighting. I have personally looked into this situation and we are in the middle of identifying possible viable solutions. Thanks again, I really appreciate that you took time to provide feedback!