“Almost Perfect!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lexington Park, Maryland
“Almost Perfect!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We arrived in Atlanta in a thunderstorm of Biblical proportions. We were greeted by at least 4 smiling valets all with umbrellas!! Check-in was quick so we hurried to the bar for the complimentary wine and snacks.
For the next 3 days we had the best time! The rooftop bar is hopping, Clay the security manager kept us out of trouble, and recommended places to eat and see. Mohumad the valet manager was a delight as he greeted us every night and arranged shuttles and taxi's for us to get to our destinations in the labyrinths of Atlanta.
Kudos for the entire staff, EVERYONE was awesome
Downside...what is with no free WiFii hookup??? and 30.00 a day for parking seemed like highway robbery, but perhaps that is just the way it is!

Room Tip: No pool, but my friend said the exercise room was top of the line
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank LongsPeak2121
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Good afternoon-and a BIG thank you for your comments. Obviously, we love to get reviews like this one, where so many of our Ambassadors were able to provide an exceptional experience for you--especially the Valet team, Anthony and Mohammed. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and recognize Anthony and Mohammed personally. I wanted you to know that WIFI is available for free in our hotel lobby, but as in all Marriott/Renaissance hotels there is still a charge for in-room to enable you to have a secure and fast connection. Parking rates are equal to those of all the hotels in Midtown Atlanta, but actually less expensive than you will find in downtown and Buckhead, but I agree with you personally when it comes to parking rates-they do seem higher than ever. Thanks again for your comments, I certainly appreciate you taking time to provide us the details of your experience. Till next time....

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 11, 2012

When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by the valet attendents and bellman and they ran to open the doors for all four passengers in the car. I instantly smiled and said to my friends "now that's what i call service" and even when we told them that we weren't going to valet our car the still were nice and professional and assisted with our bags. Check in was move the young lady at the desk was plesant and vibrant lobby was beautiful. Room was clean nice and modern, spacious bathroom was amazing. I appreciate the attention details they designer made and it pays off wonderful hotel. Only thing is I'm a Marriott guy and they have a contract with Pepsi however this Renaissance had coke. I know that we were in the lank of coke but at least offer both for those of us who are use to that Brand standard : )

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JonRobert
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Good morning! I was absolutely delighted to read about the great arrival experience you had. We strive to exceed expectations from the very first opportunity and it looks like we did in your case! I certainly will share your comments with our team and we hope to see you again soon. Thanks for taking time to share your feedback!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 10, 2012

As usual at a Marriott property, checkin was smooth and courteous. It would have been helpful if the desk clerk had told me the elevator would only go to my floor after I inserted the key, but I figured it out. The room was lovely and quiet, if on the small side. The view was rooftops of Atlanta, as expected. The bed was divine! The only downside was the bathroom: It was immaculate and nicely furnished, but dark. There was one light around the mirror and some additional ceiling lights but, combined, they were much too dim to be useful for makup application. During daylight I took my tiny compact mirror to the window; at night I had to hope for the best. This is a real flaw that needs to be addressed in an otherwise very nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Janeite
Good morning and first, thank you for sharing your comments about your stay here at the Renaissance. I was glad to hear you had so many delights, despite the comment about bathroom lighting. I have personally looked into this situation and we are in the middle of identifying possible viable solutions. Thanks again, I really appreciate that you took time to provide feedback!
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My family of 4 spent 3 nights in Atlanta Goergia at the Renaisance in August 2012. I picked the Renaissance by chance, but wow, I was taken back from the beauty, cleanliness, service and comfort of the Renaissance. It takes a lot to impress me, but this hotel and staff impressed me everyday of my family's stay. Mr. Mikael Thompson was huge in ensuring my family had a pleasant experience at the Renaissance. I want to recognize the staff at the front desk James, Christian and Keyarra for being so plasant and ready to assistance on a minutes notice. Additionally, the valet staff was remarkable. Mr. Joshua, Ali and Mohammed had a very positive and ready to serve attitude daily. This team worked with such a zeal to serve us evertime we needed our car. Finally, the cleanliness, comfort and contempary furnishings made me feel that I was staying in a sterile hotel. The foyer was grand with great music playing all the time, and the Renaissance had a restaurant that was very convenient. I personally enjoyed sitting outside the hotel in couches provided by the hotel. The setting of the hotel is beautiful, and you truly get the feel of being downtown in Atlanta. Also, there are plenty of restaurants, shopping and a grocery store within walking distance. I would choose the Renaissance again without hesitation. I hope to take my family back very soon because of this hotel and turner field (Home of the Braves), my family had a fun filled and memorable vacation. Once again, thanks to Mr. Mikael Thompson and the Renaissance staff.

Steve Weeks

Room Tip: I stayed in a room with a king size bed. I would recommend the executive king room. I did view it d...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Bailey W
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Outstanding! Thank you so much for your comments and for taking the time to share your experiences with me. Mikael is a very special leader, I was so pleased to hear that he was instrumental in the positive nature of your stay! I have worked with Mikael in the past and brought him to our team just recently. The rest of the staff you mention by name is expemplary as well--I will be sure to personally thank each of them for their outstanding service -each and every day. Thanks for your feedback again, it was also great to hear about your great experience in Briza (our restaurant adjacent to the hotel). We will look forward to seeing you again in the very near futture.
Washington DC
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I ended up here on travel unexpectedly and had to extend from one night to two at the Marriott. I haven't stayed at many Marriott's in recent years and had the mistaken impression that they were kind of old and rundown. This hotel was beautiful and welcoming! On my first night I arrived late and starving and had a wonderful room service dinner (I can't remember what it was, but I know I liked it). The next day I was supposed to check out but got word from my office that I'd be staying another night, so before I left the hotel for business I extended. The word apparently didn't get to the cleaning staff because they removed all my items (toiletries, blackberry charger) more on that later and why it wasn't a problem. The rooms were spacious enough and very comfy and very clean (cleanliness is really important to me). I didn't get to take advantage of it, but the staff informed me that they do a sort of happy hour with drinks and appetizers at around 4-5 and a social hour with coffee and tea after that. The location is near so many wonderful little eateries and restaurants. Everyone was so nice. After eating at a restaurant a few blocks away, there was a driving, pouring storm. I asked the restaurant if I could buy one of their umbrellas to walk home in. They said I could just have it. (These were big high-end umbrellas that would cost $150-$200 retail). I said I could return it but the restaurant said don't worry about it, it wasn't necessary. I love the south! I walked home with the umbrella and when the Marriott guys out front saw me coming in the rain, they ran out and grabbed the umbrella to hold over my head for me and tittered over me getting wet and were really nice. I told them how the restaurant had basically given me the umbrella! The guys said, "Do you want us to return it to them?" I said "yes that would be great!" So they returned the umbrella for me and wouldn't take a tip. They seemed to just genuinely want to do it. Little things can either make a business trip worse or better: this one was getting better. Then I went to my room and found all my stuff gone. What I needed most was my blackberry charger. The front staff connected me to lost-and-found and the guy there said nobody had turned in a charger, but he had a new one he would bring right up that I could keep with his apologies. That was easy! Then about 15 minutes later he called and said he'd found all my toiletries and my blackberry charger, and he'd bring it right up but I could still keep the other one. These things all made a big difference. Everyone was so nice, the room was clean and luxurious and new, the bathroom was nice: you will like this place!

Room Tip: My room was great; I can't think of anything you need to beware of.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mushroom1234
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thanks so much for your great feedback. I too love the South--a great place to work and live. I was so pleased to hear about your experience and how you described the staff as everyone was so nice and genuine and their actions supported that! Nice to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that you had a great room service dinner--hope to see you again soon.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This was my first visit to a renaissance marriott. I appreciated it was more upscale. Rooftop bar was nice although it wasnt on the roof. My only complaint was the noise.....walls were a bit thin. However it was a saturday night and there was a reunion so noise to be expected. Staff very nice and accommodating. Good location..... Even though we had a view of the strip club albeit an upscale one. We self parked in nearby parking garage which saved money.

• Stayed July 2012
Thanks for your review and for choosing to stay with us for your first visit to a Renaissance hotel. Very nice to hear that the staff was accomodating and nice (we work hard on that) and that you enjoyed our Rooftop 866 bar. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know how your stay was.
Huntersville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I will not recommend this hotel ever because of the poor treatment we received at the front counter. In addition, the hotel is difficult to find, with the name hidden under some branches. Never again, and we found a much friendlier reception at a neighboring hotel in downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marie T
Good evening. While I do appreciate the comment about our beautiful hotel, Most concerning to me is how your found our staff to be insensitive and that you received poor treatment. That is clearly not acceptable under any circumstance. I personally conduct "service excellence" audits and provide feedback both positive and need for improvement to our team on a daily basis. Thank you for the feedback.