“Excellent Property!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Madison, WI
“Excellent Property!”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This property has a great Midtown location, close enough to everything but in a pretty quiet area. I parked in the self-parking lot behind the hotel and walked 1 block to the property. That cost me $12 for overnight versus $30 with the hotel and it was easily worth the savings.

The lobby is modern, elegant and slightly funky. There is a wine hour from 5PM to 6PM and it was delicious and fun.

At check-in I was offered an upgrade to a "city view" room for $15 which included high speed internet. Since I was going to buy the wi-fi ($14.95) anyway, it was worth the extra $0.05 to get room 1911 which had a nice view. The elevators were fast and sound insulation was good.

The room is lovely. It is clearly 4* plus in quality, everything was very new, modern and of high quality. Again, slightly funky but not in W Hotels territory. The Aveda toiletries were lovely as always and I think the mini-bar had some fun selection. I liked the tiny couch by the window, it was great for watching TV and working on my laptop.

The bed is super comfortable and the pillows are amongst the highest quality hotel pillows on which I've slept in a while. There were plenty of lighting options and I appreciated the charging station built into the desk, it is such a convenience.

I ordered room service and the brisket sandwich is unique and to die for. So delicious! Prices were reasonable given the metro area and type of property.

If you want a pool, they are "sisters" with the nearby Marriott Marquis and the shuttle will take you there unless the Marquis is sold out so you can use their nice pool facilities.

Check-out was quick and painless. All the staff were super friendly. I can't recommend this property enough!

Room Tip: Pay the $15 upgrade to get city view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank montognese
, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Good afternoon. I was delighted to read your review and absolutely loved your description of our lobby; modern, elegant and slightly funky! Your review touched on all of the points we focus on--super friendly staff, to lovely rooms with great pillows and comfortable beds in a great Midtown Atlanta location. I would also share with you that our Chef-Janine Falvo is a James Beard Rising Star winner and contestant on last year's Top Chef--she is incredibly talented --I get to taste her food on a regular basis. Thanks for your high recommendation of our hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My friends and I went to this hotel for a guys weekend. It is located about few blocks away from the Fox theatre and also a block away from a club that guys go to in Atlanta. Georgia Tech is right around the corner along with several bars and eating places. We caught an afternoon Braves game and this hotel is about a 10 to 15 minute drive to Tuner Field. The rooms are big with nice HD televisions in the room, the beds are super comfortable, great bathroom ammenties (Aveda products), the bathroom might have been the biggest I have ever seen in a hotel room, and the room was super clean. They have a rooftop bar and restaurant on site and the rooftop bar is nice for a drink or two. As with any hotel both of these places are as you would expect overpriced. The hotel also charges 30 dollars to park a night if you valet. We did not think it was worth the hassel trying to find somewhere else to park. The only complaint I have about this property is the time it took to retrieve your car, but this was not that big of a deal. The staff was helpful and easy to deal with. The common areas are contemporary modern. They do not have a pool. I would would recommend this hotel to stay at anytime you have buisness or lesuire time in Atlanta.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Aubie1276
Thank you for a fantastic, detailed favorable review of our hotel! I was delighted to read your comments about the staff (friendly and helpful), the bathrooms (BIG and CLEAN), the great Midtown Atlanta location (convenient and close to everything), our wonderful Rooftop 866 bar that is a great place to have a drink and some light food and of course our super comfortable beds. We have also shared your comment about the length of time it took to retrieve your car from valet paking with our parking company partners--I will personally follow up with the manager as well. With regard to parking rates, we are mindful of the cost and our last survey did show that we are actually less than the downtown hotels charge ($32), and the same as all the Midtown hotels-I do understand that most people would like this to be less expensive. Thanks again for your comments, as you said we are the perfect hotel for both business and leisure guests!
NYC
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I spent 3 nights at the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel.

I'm not a big fan of the Renaissance.
However, the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel is different.
Rooms are spacious and designed to be contemporary comfortable. Dare I say chic in the Renaissance?!

At check-in I inquired about an upgrade to city view king room and was offered one for $15 instead of $40 that are offered through the website.

Fitness room is nicely equipped to a allow a fair workout.

The rooftop bar is a cool bar that attracts people not necessarily staying at the hotel for a casual after hours drink.

Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel is surprisingly good.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank TravelguyNYC75
, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Absolutely loved your comments and I am hopeful that we have a converted Renaissance fan or at least for our specific hotel. I do agree with you that we can be described as "chic"! We definitely look forward to your return!

Happy 4th of July!
Austin, TX
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed two nights at this hotel after spending a weekend in Norcross for a graduation. The bellmen/valet/doormen were extremely friendly and pleasant, as were the front desk staff. Check in was prompt, and when I accidentally left my purse at the front desk, the gentleman who had checked us in put it behind the desk and called me immediately to let me know it was there.

Our room was clean and comfortable. I asked for and was given a room on a high floor with a bit of a view, which was nice considering we had booked pre-paid through a third party website. We stopped by the terrace bar on a slow Tuesday night, and the bartender was very friendly and took great care of us.

The location was great, within a few blocks of a MARTA station as well as walking distance to many restaurants and bars. We would not hesitate to stay here again should our travels take us back to Atlanta.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank suekel
Thank you for your fabulously positive comments about the hotel and staff and certainly for taking the time to post your comments about your experience. I was delighted to hear about your experience and very pleased to hear that you found our staff to be helpful, engaged, extremely friendly in all areas!

I do hope you decide to return soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I got a room here through another website and prepaid for it. The staff put my wife and I on the same floor as a Message Therapist convention. We complained multiple times about the noise and the staff did little about it. They never even offered us a different room, I believe it was because we prepaid for the room. I gave the hotel my card for incidentals and they charged me again for the room and the incidentals. I called them three times with about seven days inbetween to see if the money went back into my bank. It never did. The first time I called I spoke to a customer service rep. She said that the refund was complete, a week later it was not. The second time I called I spoke to the CFO of the hotel. She said let me put you on hold to fix this, then promised me it was fixed. A week later and it wasn't. I have tried calling the General Manager with no response. If my only recourse is to alert other travelers that this hotel financial dept is completely incompetant then, here you go. Sad, because I loved the look of this hotel. I will never stay here again!!!

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Good afternoon. Please accept my sincere apologies for the double billing issue you experienced. I was truly disappointed to hear about your situation and certainly understand how that would make you feel and influence your decisions about future stays. I assure you that not only have I personally followed up with our staff regarding this situation, I would also like for you to know that we do not place guests on floors or in rooms that may be undesirable due to the make up of other guests in house. I certainly appreciate your comments and we truly value your business, and as such I do hope you reconsider and try us again--we actually have a very consistent record of providing outstanding service.

Thanks again and enjoy your weekend and the July 4th holiday.
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We enjoyed our Memorial Day Weekend stay at this little gem in Atlanta. Located in a quiet location, close to great restaurants and the Marta. The staff is helpful,the rooms clean and quiet.With a pleasing lobby that offers coffee in the morning and wine in the afternoon. For hotel food, the restaurant was a great surprise. No pool but there is a terrace bar on the fifth floor. We would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank florabella59
Thank you for your comments and I was so pleased to hear that you had such a great experience here in Atlanta. From our great location to the clean and quiet guest rooms to a helpful staff and the "great surprise" that our restaurant; Briza is!

We do hope to see you again very soon.
Pensacola, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Spent a weekend at the Renaissance when in Atlanta for a wedding. Wonderful room -- very comfortable. Helpful staff. Great food in the restaurant; Ricky the waiter is super; Gabriel the waiter ... not so much.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Wow! Thanks for your post and very positive review about your stay here in Atlanta. I will absolutely be sure to share your comments with Ricky--I do find him to be very personable and he is one of our best ambassadors! Great to hear you enjoyed the food in Briza, you found our staff to be helpful and our rooms to be wonderful--that's what we strive for!

Enjoy your afternoon.