“Our favorite Atlanta hotel”

Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel
Ranked #21 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed here when it was Hotel Palomar and weren't disappointed on our return visit. Fantastic location. Beautiful lobby and rooms. Fun rooftop bar. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank AGPERRY
RenMidtownGM, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Thank you for all your very positive comments! Our staff is very proud and we look forward to receiving and sharing glowing reviews such as yours! We will look forward to welcoming you backk when you return to Midtown!

Reviewed August 8, 2011

This place is one of my favorite Atlanta hotels!!! It started out as a Hotel Palomar, part of the boutique pet-friendly Kimpton Properties. Renaissance seems to have kept things similar. The property and rooms are swanky yet comfortable. They have a happy hour from 5 to 6 and the employees are always very helpful. I have stayed at the Loew's, the Artmore, and the Blue Indigo in Midtown and this is by far the best hotel for the price. I love the location because there are quiet a few bars and restaurants right out the door...and Ecco is a must for any foodie!!!

Room Tip: The beds are pillow tops and not my favorite - you may want to ask for something firmer if you are s...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank CandyKC
RenMidtownGM, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

Swanky, comfortable, helpful employees--one of my favorite hotels in Atlanta--all your words!! We couldn't agree more and want to thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments via Trip Advisor--we'll look forward to your return visit!

Happy Friday!

Reviewed August 7, 2011

Ok so the hotel was nice enough. The staff not so much when it came down to business. There re better places to stay in the area. I am a platinum Marriot member and I will never ever stay at another Marriot property because of my experience.

They literally broke my door, ripped the screws through the door that holds the locking mechanism the. Tried to blame it on me and or my car. The hotel staff did not care one bit and I filed a claim and got a letter in the mail saying it was caused my normal wear and tear. That statement is not true because I am not driving a Model-T. I even literally spent 30 minutes sitting in the valet parking area trying to fix it... Which I was able to do with some washers and tools they provided.

I obviously filed a claim as mentioned above. I am 99% sure that the seat belt got caught over the latch on the frame and they tried to force it closed. I say this because 1. The screws literally tore through the metal on the door and 2. Because my seatbelt now has multiple rips in that area.

To top it all off I repeat they tried to blame me for it and or my car for their negligence. I would recommend you stay far away from this place unless you are driving a rental with insurance; and even then I would be wary. I will literally never stay at another Marriot property and I am a platinum member. From here on out I will be taking my business elsewhere. It really put a bad taste in my mouth; as I imagine it would you.

My best advice is to avoid this hotel and if you are a Marriot person like I WAS wait until they get rid of valet only. I now have to get a NEW door to fix my car and the staff did not care, the valet tried to blame it on me, and to topic all off it was due to normal wear and tear. I will post pictures of the door and seatbelt soon so you can clearly see it is not normal wear and tear.

Best advice I can give is stay far far away from this hotel and Mariott period for this type of business practice.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank TimN007
MgrRenMidtownATL, Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

Good Afternoon! I recently received your comments and would like the opportunity to discuss with you directly. I am sorry this was not addressed and resolved prior to your departure. We do receive positive comments frequently and I apologize for the service levels you experienced. Please call me directly at 678.412.2362 so we can resolve this issue.

Reviewed August 6, 2011

The hotel loby, rooms, & rooftop bar were all very nice and classy. The room was very clean and modern. There were free wine & snacks nightly in the loby, which was awesome. Any time we called down for towels, etc., we were helped promptly. The navigator @ the front desk was also helpful in choosing restaurants and attractions.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank RevGetch

Thank you so much for your stellar comments about our hotel and our staff--"awesome, helpful, more than expected" are words that are music to my ears when reading guest feedback!

Look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed August 4, 2011

I stayed at the Renaissance in Midtown years ago, so I was surprised that this was the hotel. I didn't realize that this hotel had been bought by the Renaissance. My husband and I stayed one night for a wedding in midtown. The hotel was great. It was in the perfect location, the rooms were comfy and clean, customer service was excellent, complementary coffee and tea in the lobby in the morning, and it even had a very nice wine reception in the evening. I booked the hotel through a third party, but the price is very reasonable. Just know that parking is $30 a day.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leavinATL
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Just stayed one night, for a show at the Fox. Newly renevated and very modern/retro feel - similar to the W style hotels. Lobby was buzzing and a little small. Staff was nice, but constantly offereing upgrades...for a price. Room was very clean. Location ideal for midtown, dining and bars. Drinks were expensive. It was not a bad experience, just not the hotel style I'm used too - definitetly going for the "cool" crowd.

Room Tip: High floors for a view! Surcharge of $30.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2011

This is a great hotel in a great location. The room is comfy, and you can bring your dog. They've kept the Hotel Palomar's pet policy and and this is a very pet friendly hotel. This is a good choice if you want to stay in Midtown.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business