“Great show just expensive!”
Review of Alliance Theatre

Alliance Theatre
Ranked #59 of 292 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Owner description: Theater located in the Woodruff Arts Center.
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I took my niece and nephews to see Shrek the Musical it was the day of their last performance. I reside in FL so had to travel to GA. We really enjoyed it. Very age appropriate, nice set, good acoustics, and the staff was great. We saw Charlottes Webb last year. I love theatre and really enjoy exposing the kids to it but they make it so expensive! When we saw Charlotte's Webb they were running a promotion. I spent almost 140.00 for 2 adults and 2 kids tickets. I try to pick something every couple of months definitely couldn't afford to do that often. With that said, it was a great show! Looking forward to coming back soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Their performances are reliebly worth the mony (which is good-- they aren't New York pricey but they aren't cheap). They bring a nice variety of theatrical works.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Just visited for the first time to see "The Geller Girls" which was very entertaining in an intimate setting. No bad seats in the house.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

The Alliance Theatre, in the Woodruff Arts Center (along with the High Museum of Art and the Atlanta Symphony) is stellar. A few years past, it won a Tony Award as best regional theater (outside New York, of course) -- in competition with the Guthrie in Minneapolis-St. Paul, and with Los Angeles theaters. Sometimes cutting-edge productions. Depending on individual productions, not to be missed. Very comfortable seating.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

My Wife and I love the Alliance Theater. There is not a bad seat in the theater and the staff is welcoming, friendly and very helpful. We have not seen a show that we haven't truly loved. Maybe our expectations for a Christmas Carol were a bit too high. The sets were amazing but the acoustic's were horrible (which was surprising since we had never experienced that before in the theater). This show is supposed to be an annual Holiday tradition here in Atlanta but I think in years to come we'll seek other traditions to pursue. Just OK.