Review Highlights

from $43.51
from $18.51
from $34.51
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 18, 2018

A grand tudor house with an interesting history. I love that the building is now being used as an Arts Center! The employees were knowledgable and very nice. I can't wait to go back and attend Jazz on the Lawn!

Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

After much disappointment of full price at the High Art Museum (most of their floors closed due to renovations) this house with a voluntary donation was thoroughly enjoyable. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

This historic house was wonderfully decorated for Christmas for all to enjoy. Each room has something to enjoy. Don't miss this attraction.

Reviewed December 5, 2017

I should have read all of the Yelp reviews before we went to this year's Christmas House. Apparently from the 2016 Yelp reviews things haven't changed.

First time there several years ago, the place was beautifully decorated and staffed,
this year a real zero, a total waste of time and it would have been a waste of money
if our $50 wasn't for charity. Not sure which charity, but hope it does some good.

I feel like this years advertisements were pix of prior years.

Reviewed June 1, 2017

We had a family wedding here with approximately 225 guests. This was a wonderful place for the actual wedding and reception. They allow your own vendors there. Beautifully decorated and the set up and down went swiftly. Cocktails on the front patio, dinner and dancing in the main ballroom. Nice restrooms, too

Reviewed April 6, 2017

This place holds a lot of memories for me. As a child i was one of the young singers of Callanwolde under the direction of Mr & Mrs Orr. so when we became frustrated with venues in atlanta for our wedding it came to me as a whim to check out Callanwolde. It was perfect for the amount of guests we planned to invite. It held a special place in my heart and there's nothing more nostalgic than gliding down a stair case you once ran up and down in your childhood as a bride. beautiful mansion with quite a bit of history and volumes of class.

1  Thank a s
Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

Attended a fundraiser for female veterans with Women Veterans Interactive at this beautiful location. The grand staircase, decor and ballroom made for a perfect backdrop for a lovely evening. The grounds are perfectly manicured with enchanting gardens. Beautiful historic venue.

Reviewed January 15, 2017 via mobile

We attended with some of our friends to see the Holiday spirit and decorations both inside and out. Tastefully decoration and trees abounded in the common areas and individual rooms. The grand staircase and landing framed with amazing windows was amazing. Easy parking. Varied decorator and volunteers are stationed thru out for gyrations. Amazing ideas for your own home and outdoor areas. Two floors for viewing. Small gift shop, restrooms available. Recommended for group, families, couples, single. Really puts you in the "spirit". Check on line for next special dates and hours.

1  Thank rolsto314
Reviewed December 29, 2016

There are deep steps everywhere in the garden with no railing. NOT HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE. No signs to tell you to enter in the house. House was NOT decorated only 1 tree in the whole house. The only thing that was worth seeing was o' Christmas Tree. WILL NOT BE BACK.

Reviewed December 10, 2016

The home is really something to see with it's fine examples of architectural detail. It was interesting to see how the different designers choose to decorate it for Christmas. I bought a group on for $12 and it made it reasonable. It was a self guided tour which was good since I had my three year old granddaughter with me and we could go through at her pace. It would be nice to have a choice. They did have small pictures of the home when someone lived there with a written explanation. This is not something we will do again every year and I think their $20 entrance fee for the lights is a little much considering the size compared to the Botanical Gardens, etc.