“Great food and service, but loud in the evenings.”
Review of Taverna Fiorentina - CLOSED

Taverna Fiorentina
Cuisines: European, Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cobb Pkwy/Paces Mill Rd.
Description: An authentic Italian restaurant, serving the cuisine of Tuscany. Executive Chef Paolo Tondo, a native of Florence, brings us time-honored classics alongside innovative new trattoria dishes using local grown ingredients. Full bar, 30 wines by the glass, and an award winning wine list. Professional staff ensures your business meetings, private events, and dining experience is impeccable. Located in Vinings we are 1/2 mile from Cobb Energy Center. Don't let the strip mall location fool you, you walk into a dining room reminiscent of an upscale trattoria in Florence. Sit and dine on tables and chairs imported from Florence, eat authentic Tuscan cuisine, drink Italian wine and enjoy impeccable service.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

If authentic Italian is what you're after, this is the place. I prefer to go at lunchtime, because the evening tends to get too noisy for me. I was recently in the restaurant when they had a vocalist singing during dinner and it was just WAY too much sound for the place. Good food. Go for lunch.

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

This wonderful gem of a restaurant is hidden away in a Kroger shopping center. Don't let that fool you.

Inside, the ambiance is dark wood, a wall of wine, and a boar's head mounted above the kitchen. Loved it!

Service was excellent, the restaurant was clean. Now, lets talk about the shining star, here - the food. Best spinach ravioli, ever. Perfect blend of spinach and ricotta filling on the ravioli, with an irresistible tomato sauce.

Hubby had the salmon, and he even finished off the side veggies, they were so tasty.

The wine list is unusual, but the descriptions give a good guide on what to expect.

Prices are very reasonable. We will definitely return!!!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I had heard very good things about this restaurant and decided to try it late on a Tuesday night. I was surprised to find live music! Even though we were almost the only people in the restaurant,we were not rushed and felt very comfortable lingering over dinner. The service was delightful and the food delicious! I would definitely come back,even though I live on the other side of town"

Reviewed January 20, 2013

The atmosphere was nice and I would say that was my favorite part. Great for a special occasion. I was impressed with how quickly they made the food. Plates are $18 to $30+ but I had a scout mob 50% off so that helped ($20 max).
Food was ok. I had a special bowtie pasta with sausage, broccoli, and peas and it was quite oily.
Service was good but not outstanding. Free bread and a wine selection. They have a bar where you can eat if you are dining solo.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I always enjoy going to Taverna Fiorentina since it reminds me so much of the loca tavernas in Italy. The cuisine is pure Italian like I remembered, and with the decor and atmosphere, I'm transported to a little piece of vacation. I particularly enjoy the variety of their daily specials and rarely order off of the menu, but when I do, I almost always choose a seafood option that is always delicious. Portions are reasonable as well.