“Old favorite”

Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
“Old favorite”
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

I remember this place back in the 80's and 90's. So sad when it closed. But it's open and still fabulous! The Sunday Champane Brunch is by far the best I've ever had anywhere! Make sure you call and reserve a window seat. We've been there three times in the past nine months. Definitely will be returning!

Stone Mountain, Georgia
“What a great experience we had at lunch time! It has now become one of my favorite place to eat and relax at.”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

First time today for lunch. Excellant in service, food and atmosphere. Can't say enough. This will not be my last time to visit. Shaun was our server and worth his weight in gold. He advised us to try the Winston's Chicken. Great choice. Also, if you are wanting something really out of this world try the beer cheese soup. Looking forward to seeing you there the next time I am there. i will be seating next to the window with the view of the planes landing and taking off.

• Visited May 2012
Manager57Atlanta, General Manager at 57th Fighter Group Restaurant, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
So glad you enjoyed your first visit!!
Minnesota
“Meh - Just OK. But good view of airport.”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Personally, I am not a big fan of "concept" restaurants as this one is. So, I put that behind me and went with an open mind with 13 others in our party. Let me say that if you are an aviation buff, this is the place to go with a great view of an active runway. But if you are a food snob, don't bother. The preparation and service is average at best and the prices are a bit high for what you get. My husband had the chicken and he commented it was like "chicken jerky" as it was all dried out. I had the trout, which was fine. Oh, and the bar area on a Saturday night gears up at about 8:00 PM with a DJ in residence. It attracts a really interesting crowd, so a fun place to people watch but not exactly the uber "hipster" scene by any means.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank MinnesotaMermaid
Villa Rica, Georgia
“Glad we went.”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

For my birthday we went to the 57th Fighter Group for dinner. My wife and I had been there some years ago and had looked forward to returning. The atmosphere and decor was just as fun as we had remembered. We had made a reservation and were seated almost as soon as we arrived. Our server was friendly and attentive and seemed knowledgeable about the food selections.The food was good and everyone enjoyed thier selections. The only disapointment was that the restaurant no longer served Beef Wellington or and English Triffle and the headphones used to listen to the airport tower was not convieniently located to the table nor did it seem to be working. The restaurant is a little pricey but certainly worth a visit if you have never been.

• Visited January 2012
Hoschton, Georgia
“Great Holiday Buffet and Great Holiday Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Some of my family members had our Christmas Lunch at this restaurant, this was my first visit in many, many years. The Holiday Buffet was surprisingly good, I am usually not a fan of buffets. The beer cheese soup is still as good as I remember it and the buffet also included many excellent desserts. The atmosphere was perfect for the holidays and you never tire of watching the planes come and go as you enjoy your meal. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Visited December 2011