“Beer cheese soup to die for + atmosphere!”

57th Fighter Group Restaurant
Ranked #120 of 3,948 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Duluth, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beer cheese soup to die for + atmosphere!”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This restaurant has the best atmosphere in town! Food is wonderful, especially the beer cheese soup!

• Visited June 2011

Atlanta
“Can't wait to return”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I am an Atlanta native, but had never heard of this place. My husband and I decided to try brunch on Sunday. I have to say that it was such a nice escape from every other Atlanta place. I almost felt like I was on vacation. The building itself is really neat. The foot was OUTSTANDING! And our server, Amy, was so wonderful, we asked her what days she works. We have nothing but wonderful things to say! Watching the planes was just an added bonus :)

• Visited July 2011
Tucker, Georgia
“Great food, but if you go, leave the kids at home...”
Reviewed February 28, 2011

I, like many others in the area were thrilled when this restaurant re-opened after many years. My son is a HUGE aviation nut and can think of no where better to eat... and neither could I until our two most recent visits. During both of these visits, my son was asked to sit down repeatedly by management, even though we were sitting outside. During the second visit, my son was helping me, walking less than ten feet from me and back and was still told to sit down. The wait staff has been very rude to him when he has asked for things like ginger ale to drink, saying that they don't have "special" drinks like that, and yet, you can order a ginger ale at the bar.

Honestly, if this is the direction that management wants to go, then be truthful about it. Post signs as you come in the door (and at the side entrance to the patio) asking that parents keep their children seated. I do think that it is unreasonable to ask children remain seated outside, especially when they are running/playing away from the tables in grassy areas.

After making sure we were there for their re-opening night, surprising my son on his birthday no less, and making several visits after that, these last two visits have left such a poor taste in our mouths that I doubt that we'll ever return. I would recommend this restaurant ONLY to my friends without children.

• Visited October 2010
3 Thank jlmk_9
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best brunch in Atlanta!”
Reviewed February 22, 2011

What a cool place! Went for Sunday brunch, and had a great time! The food was great, and the staff was attentive. Nice views of the airplanes and control tower. And... while it wasn't an issue during our visit, I appreciate the efforts of the staff to keep the kids reigned in when their parents won't, especially on the outdoor patio. If your kids are going to misbehave, take them to a playground.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank jamhamms
Atlanta, Georgia
“We Were Bullied by the General Manager - Tricia Clancy”
Reviewed October 28, 2010

During a recent visit to 57th Fighter Group Restaurant our view of this place completed changed because our encounter with Ms. Clancy.

My son was looking at the model planes parked on the lawn and was herded away from there by Ms. Clancy like herding an animal, later she rudely demanded my son who was standing up looking at the fire pit to sit down; when I protested the manner of her speaking she told us to leave if we did not like their 'kids-remain-seated' policy.

I do not like the policy but they have the right to make whatever policy they see fit. My problem is with the messenger - Ms. Clancy, the General Manager, her tone of voice, facial and body gestures were condescending, to say the least. When I asked the name of the owner, she dismissed my question by waving her arms saying 'I have better things to do' and took off.

My 6-year-old son who was well behaved the whole time told me that the lady (Ms. Clancy) made him feel very bad. The customers surrounded us and the staff were quite sympathetic towards us. We got Ms. Clancy's full name, the owner's name from the staff and decided to leave. A staff requested another manager to speak to us and also suggested to seat us inside.

A manager came over to talk to us about the situation, since she was quite nice we were considering to be reseated until Ms. Clancy injected herself into our conversation; she shamefully accused my son running wildly on the runway, and me yelling at her. I told her she was unprofessional and disrespectful etc, and she tried to dismiss us by saying that we were making a scene. I only red about and saw on movie/TV of individuals smearing others with lies to justify their own faulty behaviors, to experience it personally is something heavy to take in, because it is not easy to explain to a 6-year old that a person with this type of quality can be 'the boss' of the place, and why she won even she was rude and lying and we had to leave with empty stomach.

We left and went somewhere pleasant to eat, and we taught our son that we left because we do not tolerate bullies, dishonesty will not prevail, we will share the bad experience with the owner and the rest of the world via internet.

My family travels all over the world and we had never experienced this type of 'unkindness' from anybody at anywhere until this encounter at the hospitable south of United States of America. I wish the owner of this restaurant would work on improving the professionalism and communication skills of his staff.

12 Thank Theresa S