1,562 results
All reviewspiedmont parkbliss spabliss productsbotanical gardensmodern hotellobby barbusiness tripvalet servicemidtownhipconciergeuberatlmarta
Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location. The room we had and the hotel had a modern feel. The closer you look it became clear the attempt failed. Upon checking into the room the bell hop took our bags and placed them on a cart and took them into the lobby. After checking in it was explained that we could take our own bags up to the room with a reminder to return the cart to the lobby. I did what I was told. The room was dark and had very little lighting. All of the fixtures, furniture, paint and carpet were all dark which did not help.
After the first night we left the room around 11:00am for about 4 hours. The woman cleaning the rooms on the floor came by our room about 10 minutes before we left and was told we were about to leave and would be gone for a few hours. After retuning at 4 pm the room had not been cleaned. After calling to get towels it took about 45 minutes to get them. All would have been fine but they only give you two towels to began with. I asked for three towels when she finally showed up, which seemed to be a problem.
We tried out the bar/disco late Saturday night which was ok. The drinks were somewhat expensive at $7 for a beer and $11 for a mixed drink. I would not have a problem with this if we were at a trendy place that had great music, but we were in a hotel lobby.
It seems to me this places is trying to be a high class place when it has nothing to back that up.

Stayed: October 2017
WAtlantaMidtownHotel, Manager at W Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2017

Hello there. Thank you for sending us your very detailed review. We appreciate the feedback greatly and I will share this with the talent immediately. I am very sorry that you were inconvenienced with your room not being styled as well. We do hope to see you again. We promise we will make it up to you!
Andres Arias, Director of Style

Reviewed October 9, 2017

This is probably my favorite W hotel in Atlanta, maybe my favorite hotel overall in Atlanta. It is walking distance to Piedmont Park and a ton of great restaurants and bars. The suite rooms are very comfortable, breakfast is great and it is also walking distance to the MARTA if you need to get to Buckhead or downtown. I always enjoy my stays here.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2017

I checked in and checked out 12 hours later.

Is it me? Perhaps.

Is it them? Perhaps.

I traveled with my young children to attend a function in Atlanta, scheduled to stay 2 nights. We arrived late on Friday, put the kids to bed (the room was clean, comfortable, and stocked with Bliss products - no complaints whatsoever). We ordered room service - it took too long and was mediocre at best (lesson learned: order from ubereats next time). But, we filled our bellies anticipating a quiet night sleep.

That's where our expectations fell short. It's not the hotel's fault that a fight broke out in the hallway outside our room at 4 am between 3-4 men. It's not their fault that we heard, quite clearly, these guests threatening to "cut" each other - and inquired where their knife was. It's also not the hotel's fault that another fight - this time with quite a crowd - broke out a half hour later. It's also not the hotel's fault that yet a 3rd fight broke out at 5:15 am between 2 girls.

We were miserable, uncomfortable, and about to go complain to the manager when we smelled the pot smoke seeping into our room from the next room over (all rooms are non-smoking) - yet another issue that wasn't the hotel's fault.

And while the manager automatically agreed that it was unacceptable for us to bear witness to the bad behavior of their guests (and promptly refunded the money we spent on the night), I can't help but feel that if this is an ongoing issue - and apparently it is now that I'm reading these reviews - that perhaps the hotel should invest in soundproofing. And making it evident that this is not a hotel intended for all types of travelers.

And - lesson learned. If I'm traveling with my children, I should ensure that I stay at a hotel that's geared more towards families and quiet rather than a party culture.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
WAtlantaMidtownHotel, Manager at W Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to send us your very detailed review. I am extremely apologetic about the issues you encountered during your short time with us. While I know you are not blaming us for the inconsiderate guests I still take responsibility and wish my team could have prevented this from happening all together. Rodney Lee, Director of Security

Reviewed October 7, 2017

I stayed here for 10 days for work. This hotel's service is surprisingly inconsistent and understaffed. Calling someone in room service or at the front desk required multiple calls until someone picked up. Food was often delivered late, or with incorrect items. Do not order their bread; it's always stale. Housekeeping failed to clean my room and refill towels -- even though I called and requested it -- three of the 10 days I was there. Don't even bother asking for evening service. Minibar was half-filled upon arrival. I requested it refilled -- never happened. Hotel elevators are broken. Getting an apology for all of this incompetence was rare. Too bad, because the location and facilities are great.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
WAtlantaMidtownHotel, Manager at W Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Hello. Thank you for your comments and I am very sorry that you were inconvenienced on multiple occasions. I would love to speak to you at your earliest opportunity so that we can not only thank you for your loyalty but also make this right for you. I look forward to hearing from you.
James Green, Hotel Manager, James.Green@WHotels.com

Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

This property needs a serious management overhaul. It is not up to W standards.

Breakfast at the restaurant is a mess. If you can find your way to the restaurant (there's construction and their alternate entrance is completely covered by a closed curtain) you'll find a low quality buffet that leaves much to be desired. Needs a major upgrade.

Multiple elevators are also not working. I can't stay at a property where I wait 15 minutes for an elevator in the morning and when one comes it is completely full. I need to be able to count on being able to leave and not carrying bags down 15 flights of stairs to make a meeting.

I've stayed at this property 15+ times this year and it's going down hill. Needs a major shake up.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business

Hello there. Thank you for your very detailed review. We do apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced during your time with us. We value your loyalty and we would like to make it up to you. Can you please reach out to me at your earliest opportunity? I look forward to hearing from you as well as telling you all about our complete hotel renovation that as you know is currently underway.
James Green, Hotel Manager- James.Green@WHotels.com