1,568 results
All reviews piedmont park bliss spa bliss products botanical gardens modern hotel lobby bar business trip valet service midtown hip concierge uber atl marta
Reviewed September 29, 2017

Keep giving it a chance for some reason, but checked in this time to makeup on the pillow, a filthy bathroom and my desk chair looks like it's decaying.

Friendly cafe staff and convenient location are the only positives I'm able to come up with.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
WAtlantaMidtownHotel, Manager at W Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2017

Hello there. Thank you for your review and we apologize that we cannot hit this one out of the park for you. We do pride ourselves in outstanding customer service so we are pleased you had a great experience at JAVA. We are currently in the early stages for complete room renovations and we hope you will visit us again when those are complete. We know you will be impressed!
Allison Grady, Director of Food & Beverage

Reviewed September 28, 2017

I don't understand the haters and their reviews here, frankly; Reading the reviews on my flight down to Atlanta I was almost ready to switch a hotel - but in reality the experience was among the best I had in W hotels across the globe.

I will caveat by saying that I'm an SPG Platinum and got upgraded in this hotel and so it's possible my experience is different from someone who doesn't get any Frequent Traveller perks at this chain, and yet - I really enjoyed my stay here

The W is known to be the chic-brand in the SPG portfolio; If you're looking for cookie-cutter 70s glamour go to Sheraton, for 90s style clean look go for Westin. My suite had the shower in the middle of the room with no curtain - which is unique, and I personally like unique. It was a phenomenally fun rainfall shower.

I booked a regular room but as SPG Plat I got upgraded to a "Fantastic Suite" on a top floor; It was about 800 sqft which is impressive, and was beautifully set up. The breakfast buffet was great and the team was thoughtful, allowing flexibility (I chose to go for a-la-carte Egg White Omelette one morning and they gladly supplied it with a lot of extra things too).

The location can't be beat either: steps away from Piedmont Park, the Fox Theatre, the lively Peachtree street - and just easy 10m walk from the fresh new BeltLine that is so beautifully made and fun to walk and run on.

I truly found this to be among the best, most consistent W hotels out there - and will not hesitate to come back on my next visit to Atlanta.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Omerabin
Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

Service was okay but cold. Didn't seem overly clean, not dirty. Toilet in my room shot water out when you flush (I did inform hotel). Overall hotel service and place need some TLC and improvement. For example trash at the end of hallway was never emptied in the three day I was there.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
WAtlantaMidtownHotel, Manager at W Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2017

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to send us your review. We do appreciate hearing all of your comments and are very sorry that we let you down. I will share this with our team today so changes can be made immediately. I do hope you will give us another chance to show you how great W Atlanta-Midtown really is.
Conrad Stewart, Director of Engineering

Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

We are staying here for a wedding and I am greatly disappointed at the lack of quality, service and cleanliness. Our sink doesn't drain and makes a sound like a jet taking off from an airport, the lighting in the bathroom is so bad you can't see what you look like, and we had to ask for extra towels and hangers three times before they arrived (and it took an hour each time). There are also dead cockroaches at the pool, but I honestly care less about that than I do about a decent room and service.

The W tries to be edgy but I would take a clean room, good service, a working bathroom and decent bathroom lighting over any of their "coolness."

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
WAtlantaMidtownHotel, Manager at W Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Hello there. Thank you for taking the time to send us your review. I apologize for any issues you experienced during your time with us. I will certainly share your comments with my team. And FYI-We will be undergoing guest room renovations next year so please be sure to come back and check out all the fabulous improvements. Until then, Conrad Stewart, Director of Engineering

Reviewed September 21, 2017

I stayed at this W hotel for a second time and 57 weeks later and I had a terrible experience in 2016 and sure enough 2017 was just as horrific. The room was dirty and there was someone's under garments in the room waiting as I checked into my room. The toilet was dirty and the toilet paper was not folded, it was if someone used the bathroom before I first entered my room.
The hall way was super noisy and there were so many dirty trays in the halls way from other guests using room service.
I was in the elevator and a hotel staff member asked me to get out of the elevator on the 7th floor, while he changed the elevator carpet from a daytime color to a night time color. I am a disabled individual and was forced to wait for another elevator.
The night club is no more and must have been closed after the W executives realized what bad service it was getting.
The small bar downstairs had some of the rudest bartenders I have ever experienced.
The bed was comfortable. Drawers was dirty. Valet staff needs to be replaced. room furniture was severely worn and needs to replaced. There were stains on the carpet in my room and all over all hallway carpet.
Almost every time I walked through clouds of pot smoke. The noise was so loud I felt like I was in a college fraternity house.
Some of the floors were closed off due to the hotel having a construction crew in and it looked as if the hallway carpets were being replaced on a few floors, not just the floor I was on.
Overall, I would recommend people to go elsewhere. To many bad things to list, just go somewhere else. It is overpriced, unfriendly and unwelcoming staff, and dirty rooms.

Room Tip: If you go see if you can get an updated room
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to send us this review. I am very disappointed to read your comments and would love to speak to you in person to discuss your stay and offer my apologies in person. Please reach out to me directly- James.Green@whotels.com.- at your earliest opportunity. I look forward to hearing from you.
James Green, Hotel Manager