1,562 results
All reviewspiedmont parkbliss spabliss productsbotanical gardensmodern hotellobby barbusiness tripvalet servicemidtownhipconciergeuberatlmarta
Reviewed January 1, 2010

Excellent decor and friendly check-in. Rooms have no soundproofing. Street traffic and hallway traffic could be heard at all hours, even on higher floors. Minibar was filled with expired products. Everything is incredibly overpriced (for ex, $28 to valet park overnight, which is not included in your hotel fee). Bed was not nearly as high quality as other hotels. The minibar also included an "intamacy kit" and giant lollipops, which we found rather disturbing. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2009

We stayed here on a business trip for 2 nights; I arrived first, and when I described the lobby environment to my colleague over the phone, he joked that he wasn't trendy enough to get in the front door. Customer service (with the exception noted below) was on par with a top tier hotel (if you ignore the feeling that the hotel seemed to think it was better than its guests); front desk staff were polite, professional, and helpful. The spacious room was uber hip and modern, which was kind of nice, with fantastic floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall windows on one end that offered wide open views of Atlanta and its surrounding areas.

The shower does not have a door, or curtain, just a fixed piece of glass that covers about half the shower area. So, the water will spill everywhere, but the porous metal floor was designed with that in mind, so don't fret it. There's a nice raindrop faucet, which is parked directly overhead, and the Bliss products (shampoo, bath gel, etc.) were the most pleasing I've seen in a hotel room (nice lemon scents). The fitness center was very well-equipped with cardio and weights and machines, though not particularly roomy.

One great plus: the free Acura rides. You need to schedule it in advance, but the hotel has an Acura MDX that they happily use to take you to your morning meeting or evening dinner. It's not only fun to be chauffeured, but it saved us some cab fare. For dinner suggestions, I went with the valets/porters over the front desk/concierge, who tried to steer me to far more fancy a place than I told them I wanted that night. There are some places within walking distance, but I think the other Atlanta W hotels have more options nearby than this one does. But, you can walk towards the more upscale restaurants or down towards the college and casual cafes, fast food, and bars.

My big complaint was the noise. The first night I had to call the front desk because the room next door apparently thought their room was a disco club, and my walls were pounding with the bass. I only called the desk once and the hotel quickly addressed that problem. The next night, however, 2 doors down, someone was throwing a full-on fashion show, complete with music, clothes racks, lots of booze, and dozens of people in the room and milling quite loudly in front of my door, preventing me from falling asleep. W staff were obviously well aware of the event, because they were there setting up and at the end, so I presume someone stayed during the event itself. Knowing that you're going to hold a fashion show in one of your rooms -- and not moving it to a deserted area of the hotel and/or warning other guests -- was simply inexcusable. The lack of sleep made me a very grumpy departing guest. The shower also had an annoying habit of turning on and letting the water run briefly in the middle of the night. It took me til the second night to figure that out, but that's two nights of little sleep.

Finally, stay away from the hotel dining. Pancakes, bacon and OJ for breakfast ran me $25. Admittedly, they were absolutely fantastic pancakes, probably one of the top three I've ever had, but I can imagine other foods cost a fortune. There's a food court connected to the building, accessible from the second floor, that has more than plenty of options (including, at the very, very far end, a Starbucks).

While this should be a "fun" experience if you've never stayed at a W (and you get a quiet room), you can do better in Atlanta.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank SirBowen24
Reviewed December 10, 2009

I stayed 4 days in november 2009 and had bad experiences. First the room designed to rip you off and anything you touch will cost you. On the day I checked out I was charged $44 for parking and everything, then 4 days late the hotel charged me another $85 and they charged me for parking and services I never used, e..g., in day day they charged me two days parking. I called a number of times and faxed my receipts in public parking and they never returned my call and refuse to refund me.

It is worst experences.
Never stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2009

The hotel right next to Perimeter Mall. There are many options around the hotel for food. The rooms are ok. It has a small resturant and a bar.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 2, 2009

Stayed with several business colleagues for a few nights. After checking into hotel, noticed a "rough" crowd that was also staying in hotel. When i got off of the elevator to go to my room, smelled a strong odor of fresh marijuana (not burnt) that was in the air on the entire floor. As the day/evvening went on, nothing was done about the marijuana stash in one of the rooms because the odor lasted and got stronger. Apparently the hotel staff didn't notice, but the police did after they were called. The management then attempted to give us a hard time when we wanted to leave that hotel early and relocate.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business