“Nice hotel, great location”
Review of W Atlanta Midtown

W Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #103 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
New York City, New York
“Nice hotel, great location”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the W for three nights this past weekend and it was a great stay. We were 16 people total (in town for a wedding) and the guy at the front desk was really accommodating putting us all on the same floor. The rooms were clean and a great size. The whole staff was really friendly and great with local recommendations. The location of the hotel was great, tons of bars and restaurants (and beautiful Piedmont Park) all in walking distance. We had some drinks at the Living Room in the hotel which was nice but the drinks were really expensive. You're better off finding a local place around the hotel. All in all it was great and I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My family and I stayed at the W Midtown Atlanta April 24-26, 2014. Let me start by saying our stay was wonderful. We were there for my cousins wedding so with that said please understand that almost my whole family and friends occupied a lot of rooms as well as services. The hotel was beautiful and clean. The rooms were in outstanding condition and very clean. The staff was absolutely awesome and very attentive. Kudos to Mr. Rodney Hinson and his team for insuring security and overall hospitality. Casey the bellman and TJ also stood out with their efforts to accommodate us as well. Please recognize that there were 2 wedding groups there and 2 proms so the staff had many challenges to work through. The banquet staff was awesome. Front desk, bar staff, and restaurant staff were amazing. I got the impression that all of the employees there loved what they were doing and worked so well together as a team. Having been in the hospitality industry as a front office manager for over 10 years I come into hotels expecting to find flaws and areas of improvement but this hotel and its staff showed us zero signs of flaws. Everyone was so nice and personable even with all the challenges that were in place. I would highly recommend this location for anyone traveling to the Atlanta area as I will choose them for my future visits to Atlanta. To the managers and directors there i would say pat yourselves on the back for having such am awesome team and overall hotel. It was so great that I am going to send my resume to them in hopes that there might be an opportunity for me to be part of such a wonderful and organized group of hospitality professionals. If you Re looking for a great place to stay while in Atlanta and desire a staff that will exceed your expectations then The W Midtown you should be the only option on your list. Thank you all for a wonderful experience and I hope this review will enlighten others to incur the joy my family and I had from this stay.

• Stayed April 2014
Baton Rouge
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I was at the W for a meeting recently. I'd been here for work a couple of years ago as well. It is a GREAT hotel for the 20-30 year old night crowd, but it was not the best room for work. I turned on every light in the hotel room and still didn't have enough to read adequately, work on my I-pad, etc. It is a great hotel for socializing; just not for work. Also, I know that safety is important, but who really wants to have to insert a key EVERY time he/she wants to run up to the room? I must say, it was nice to have the screens on the windows. I didn't have to worry about the light coming in too early in the morning. Also, I really LOVED their gym.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My first impressions of this hotel where great.

I loved the lobby, loved the design and all the little touches and most of all found the bedroom to be stunning. The bathroom was brilliant,the bed very comfortable and again lots of little touches around the room. We also ordered room service and found it to be brilliant with generous portions and reasonably priced.

The only thing I didn't like was the location of the TV in relation to the bed which was off to the left. It made for unusual positioning in order to watch tv which became uncomfortable after a time.

Now to the staff issues. I will never give a property grief over the behaviour of other guests, and behaviour is not their fault but the individuals. However I experienced a significant number of disturbances outside my room in the early hours of Easter Sunday as a result of a small party of very rowdy guests. It lasted over a period of 4 hours. Numerous calls where made for security to attend but they simply DID NOT!!!! Bang out of order. I demanded a manager be placed on the phone after about 4 hours and was told that there was none. I am amazed that a hotel from the W brand would not have a night manager especially during a busy holiday period. Only once did security attend and all the did was bang on the door and shout "security"! The group where also intimidating and I heard them shouting abuse at fellow guests.

I know many rooms complained as I had colleagues also disrupted by this on the same floor and the floor above. When I finally awoke a message from the morning manager apologising for the behaviour of the guests was left and I was satisfied with how she dealt with including removing any further charges to my room. This was great and I was more than happy with it but unfortunately the damage was done and the lack of proactive action by the staff on duty that night is what has remained in my mind.

This was a once off incident I reckon and I can only hope that the hotel staff learn from the incident and implement a procedure for dealing with such disturbances.

It would not put me off using this hotel again however and I do hope to return again soon.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed fantastic however I had a great view on a southerly facing room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Irishstandards
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

We are traveling and this is the 3rd W this week and the brand is representing itself well in each location the suite they gave us has a great view with the city lights last night and a great sunrise to start today off. Chic and cool are words I would use to describe the rooms and the walls are quiet not like many notes being built today. Great job #spglife #trophytour

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed April 16, 2014

the bar downstairs and the club they have upstairs were great. they are run great and are a blast to go to. if you're looking for something a little low key and don't want to go to a club you should go to the bar thats next to the lobby and if you want to listen to some good music and want to dance a little head up to the club all great and management for the bar and club are great.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Myself and my family stayed at the W Midtown and we had a few challenges but Sadia was very helpful it was truly a blessing to work with her I'm glad she was able to resolve our issue. I stay @ starwood locations when ever I travel

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family