“Expected More”

Ranked #105 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Chicago, Illinois
“Expected More”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I've always heard how nice W hotels were, but this one was a disappointment. The location is great with lots of good restaurants in the area to walk to, but as far as the actual hotel, I expected more. Other reviews are absolutely correct when they say that sound is an issue. I could clearly hear every conversation going on in the hallways even though the people were not standing outside my door. We could even hear the elevator bells, though our room was five rooms away from the elevator waiting area. The rooms are very poorly lit making dressing quite challenging. The one good thing I can say is that the beds were very comfortable and had nice pillows and linens. However, I was not able to sleep well because of all the noise from the hallway and surrounding rooms. I don't think I would choose this hotel again if staying in the same area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
WAtlantaMidtownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Hello YellowRose56.
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and informative review. Obviously, we are extremely dissapointed to hear your experience went this way. We would love to respond to you personally in the hopes of rectifying your experience. Please email us directly at- GMWatlanta.Midtown@WHotels.com so we may try to properly assist you. We look forward to hearing from you.
W Atlanta-Midtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Beds are great, room comfortable, great views, service in the bar poor. We sat down and waited and waited and waited. We got up and moved inside hoping someone would serve us....a large group of Asian girls sat where we had just been and the server greeted them as they were sitting! The service inside wasn't great either...took forever for them to get us a drink when a different server came over and then they (hadn't filled the cooler yet) so we had to order something else.

Hello TammynTroy.
Thank you for your feedback. We hope you will give us a chance to be more of a "hit" in our Living Room Bar and Patio the next time you visit. We look forward to seeing you again!.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I just had an unforgettable night at this hotel thanks to Byron the Insider. He helped my boyfriend setup an amazing evening full of surprises, I did not see it coming. Byron definitely went above and beyond!! Michael and Brittany were also great and very welcoming through the Check-in process. Well done!

Hello KenyaV2014.
Thank you for the awesome feedback! We love our team here and our glad you enjoyed them as well. Look forward to seeing you soon! And Happy Belated Birthday.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Location was good. The hotel itself modern-ish, with cool interior design.
Really enjoyed the restaurant for both food and service. Excellent! and a great team!

Check- in was quick and easy (I booked via internet sites). The room design was modern and it looked clean in a very poor lighting, it almost seemed that they light it so that the guests wont be able to spot anything. The bucket in the toilet was not clean and did not get cleaned the next day... . It was only emptied, maybe that is what cleaning is about.

The noise that you can hear from your neighbours is incredible. And it was on Thursday and Friday.

Breakfast is poor, can get hardly any service. Plus it is served in what was the nightclub or bar the night before and there is only one girl who is trying to sort everybody's breaky. It was not a great breakfast that is a must in hotels of this range and claim.

We were busy so didn't have time to try out everything but this is the general feeling of this place that we got out of 2 nights in Atlanta.
Hope it helps

Room Tip: higher floors would have better views and less street noise, I suppose.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hello Vivacita.
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments. We would love to speak to you in more detail as we are always looking to improve and make things better for our hotel guests. Please email us at GM@Watlantamidtown.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Salisbury, Maryland
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Give a choice in hotels I always pick a W if available, never disappointed until now.
This hotel has serious sound problems. The walls are tacky motel thin, it is like your neighbors are right in your room. Doors slam and your whole room shakes.
I would never stay here again.
Number one rule of a hotel is a good nights sleep, impossible here.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank james m
Hello James M.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do hate your experience wasn't a perfect one and have shared your comments with our team members. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you are back in Atlanta. GMWAtlanta.Midtown@WHotels.com. We would love to have stay with us again.
Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed March 27, 2014

May 22, 2014 My husband an I spent the one night at the W Midtown. Uoon arriving we pulled up to the front door and was met by several bell staff. They asked did we want our luggage carried to the our rooms and the answer was no. We were also asked was the keys in the car and we answered yes they gave us a ticket and we left to check. Couple of days later I notice on my account i was charged $32.00. I called the office to find out what this charged was and at that time she said for parking. I told her I was unaware of a parking fee of 32.00 because I had tip very well. She then said she would ask for a refund and she would call me back within 24 hours. Well that was not so, so I called her to be told this will not be refunded. I think this is a bunch of crap. They need bigger signs to display valet parking is $32.00. No please at all!!!

Hello BabyDoll2014.
I appreciate you taking the time to send your review. However, I hate to hear your stay was one not up to both of our expectations. When you have a moment, would you please email me so we can discuss your stay and make this right for you? GMWAtlanta.Midtown@whotels.com. Thank you again for your review; I hope to speak with you soon.
Kelly Snyder, Hotel Manager
W Atlanta - Midtown
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 26, 2014

This hotel was nestled in Atlanta Midtown and was everything I expected. On the weekends I guess their night life turns up a bit. I checked in late on Saturday evening and boy was it packed. The front desk is quite small and looked more like a hostess stand than a check in desk. The room was clean and spotless. Place was simple and good. Didn't expect anything more or less. The pictures do justice to what you get. Nothing mind blowing here but, its a nice place to sleep and lay to rest. Service is great but, like i said nothing out of the ordinary.

Room Tip: Higher the better!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Kevin L.
Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. We hope to see you again.