“Beautifully located, excellent staff; need to keep up appearances”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of W Atlanta Midtown

W Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #102 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Melbourne, Australia
“Beautifully located, excellent staff; need to keep up appearances”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Spent 3 nights at the W during Feb '14.

It's an interesting place with the entrance more akin to a dark night club with security staff letting you in.

You can tell that a lot of thought has been put into making this place feel different, though it's not my preferred taste of hotel decor.
My 12th floor room was well appointed, great bed & shower but in the daylight you could start to see traces of the decor looking old - scratches in a door here, chips out of the table there.

If you can I'd ask for a Nth facing room to watch the freeway juncture that separates the North and South sides of the city. The W is within minutes walking distance of the Atlanta Aquarium and World of Coke and the soon to be completed dome.

The restaurant downstairs was ridiculously good. I was part of a group of 10 and every single meal that came out was highly rated by the person eating it. And you'll pay for it being so! If you're after a simpler fair, there a more casual dining experience across the road from the hotel

Used the gym each day - it is a GENUINE gym - free weights, running machines, cycles and more along with a speed ball and bag, weight machines and a yoga/stretching area.

Perhaps the most impressive thing about this hotel were the staff - on the ball, quick to handle requests or offer advice as needed. Our group came in from all over the place - South Africa, Australia and across the US and bookings handled with ease

Another great thing was that it was just a couple of hundred meters walk from the train station back to the airport - don't bother with a cab as the MARTA was quick, clean and perfectly placed

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
WAtlantaMidtownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Hello Right Future.
Thank you for your review. We were happy to hear your experience at the hotel was a good one! We are very proud of our team here and will be sure to share your comments with them. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Atlanta.
W Atlanta-Midtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Parkland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

I misplaced my Seattle Sea Hawks Jersey on my travels to Atlanta. Attending a Superbowl
Party during a Week Long Business Conference. Arrived at W Hotel and realized my Jersey was missing. 3 hours before Game time. Searched nearbye Sports stores, called Sports stores and No Jersey Available. Asked the Consciege could they help since I was heading into a meeting. 30 min before Game time they delivered not only a Jersey but a Jersey with Russel Wilson Number. It was the fantastic. The New Lucky Jersey will be worn at every game and remind me of the extra touches provided by W Hotel. The Hotel was great, great location, good food and Consciege did work to make me ( guest) extra happy to be staying at the W.

Room Tip: My room was excellent with a great view. Quiet great view and the bed was really comfortable. Hot...
Hello JamesD.
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review for us! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and even more so that you got another jersey. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Milledgeville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed here this weekend for my husband birthday...AMAZING is all I can say...staff very nice, rooms nice and clean!!!!! We never had to leave the hotel for any thing a bar and a club 24 hr room service great food .

• Stayed February 2014
WAtlantaMidtownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Hello Kesha30.
Great to hear you had an awesome experience. Hope to see you again on your next visit to Atlanta! All the best,
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

After several hours stuck on the highway in the ice of January 2014, we arrived at the W. While it was extremely cold and the staff were bundled up, they were amazing. They too were stuck at the hotel for 3 days - same staff and same smiling faces for several days. Given all of the challenges that week, they remained positive and professional. The staff worked on a skeleton crew and must have been exhausted and missing home, but they did everything they could to make guests feel welcome and comfortable. I was very impressed to see them remain positive during these challenges. In addition, the food and accommodations were quite nice. I would recommend this hotel to those visiting the Atlanta area!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Hello Kelley K.
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review during SnowJam #2 in Atlanta. We really are so thankful to have such an amazing team here at the hotel and appreciate you recognizing the same thing. We are definitely going to share your nice comments with them. Glad you made it home safely and we do look forward to seeing you back again soon...with NO SNOW!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I spent a week at this hotel. Outward appearances are good but it is let down on a number of fronts. Though I had a lovely large suite, the maids seemed unable to systematically clean the rooms and restock. On several occasions I ran out of shower gel. Also the in room coffee machine spewed coffee everywhere but in the cup.

In top of this the hotel was noisy, not just from the weekend and Super Bowl partying but also the elevators. You could hear them all night long going up and down.

And a final annoyance, the room keys were useless. I went through 4 different keys. And no I didn't have them next to my phone, nearly everyone I spoke to had had the same problem. Ok but when you are on the 24th floor and it takes on average 5mins for the elevator to get you anywhere it's a real pain.

So nice and trendy place but it lacks the basic service you'd expect.

Stayed February 2014
WAtlantaMidtownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Hello Acwtall.
I appreciate you taking the time to send your review. However, I hate to hear your stay was one not up to both of our expectations. When you have a moment, would you please email me so we can discuss your stay and make this right for you? GMWAtlanta.Midtown@whotels.com. Thank you again for your review; I hope to speak with you soon.
Lukus Kindlesparker
Hotel Manager
W Atlanta - Midtown
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

this is a classic W hotel, decent bar/restaurant on the 2nd floor with asian fusion food. good place to stay if you are in town for business but want access to other parts of the city. good concierge service

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hello Chris D.
Thanks for your nice review. We will definitely share your comments with our team. We do hope to see you back in Atlanta real soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

I like the location of this hotel and have stayed there 3 times now on business trips to Atlanta. I have never written a review on trip advisor before, but feel compelled to now because so many things were wrong with my room: drywall was dinged in multiple locations... hooks and fixtures attached to the walls were falling/pulling out of the wall... furniture was damaged, missing hardware... doors were dinged, lots of greasy fingerprints everywhere... the light fixture in the bathroom was missing the glass canopy/cover and had been replaced with a paper/canvas piece... I found a boot and water bottles from previous guests in the room! I stayed for 5 nights and had agreed to the "green housekeeping option" when I checked-in which meant not DAILY towel service, but at least one cleaning while I was there. Cleaning never happened once. All this just added up to an unsatisfactory experience at a supposedly premium hotel brand.

Room Tip: Ask to see a room first.
1 Thank Brian H
WAtlantaMidtownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Hello Brian H.
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are sorry to hear we did not execute with distinction during your visit. We would love to speak with you directly and try and rectify the shortcomings. Please email us at GMWatlanta,midtown@whotels.com. We look forward to personally working with you.