“Great!! Great!!! Great place to stay”
Review of W Atlanta Midtown

W Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #106 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed here this weekend for my husband birthday...AMAZING is all I can say...staff very nice, rooms nice and clean!!!!! We never had to leave the hotel for any thing a bar and a club 24 hr room service great food .

• Stayed: February 2014
WAtlantaMidtownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Hello Kesha30.
Great to hear you had an awesome experience. Hope to see you again on your next visit to Atlanta! All the best,

There are newer reviews for W Atlanta Midtown

Reviewed February 10, 2014

After several hours stuck on the highway in the ice of January 2014, we arrived at the W. While it was extremely cold and the staff were bundled up, they were amazing. They too were stuck at the hotel for 3 days - same staff and same smiling faces for several days. Given all of the challenges that week, they remained positive and professional. The staff worked on a skeleton crew and must have been exhausted and missing home, but they did everything they could to make guests feel welcome and comfortable. I was very impressed to see them remain positive during these challenges. In addition, the food and accommodations were quite nice. I would recommend this hotel to those visiting the Atlanta area!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Hello Kelley K.
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review during SnowJam #2 in Atlanta. We really are so thankful to have such an amazing team here at the hotel and appreciate you recognizing the same thing. We are definitely going to share your nice comments with them. Glad you made it home safely and we do look forward to seeing you back again soon...with NO SNOW!

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I spent a week at this hotel. Outward appearances are good but it is let down on a number of fronts. Though I had a lovely large suite, the maids seemed unable to systematically clean the rooms and restock. On several occasions I ran out of shower gel. Also the in room coffee machine spewed coffee everywhere but in the cup.

In top of this the hotel was noisy, not just from the weekend and Super Bowl partying but also the elevators. You could hear them all night long going up and down.

And a final annoyance, the room keys were useless. I went through 4 different keys. And no I didn't have them next to my phone, nearly everyone I spoke to had had the same problem. Ok but when you are on the 24th floor and it takes on average 5mins for the elevator to get you anywhere it's a real pain.

So nice and trendy place but it lacks the basic service you'd expect.

Stayed: February 2014
WAtlantaMidtownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Hello Acwtall.
I appreciate you taking the time to send your review. However, I hate to hear your stay was one not up to both of our expectations. When you have a moment, would you please email me so we can discuss your stay and make this right for you? GMWAtlanta.Midtown@whotels.com. Thank you again for your review; I hope to speak with you soon.
Lukus Kindlesparker
Hotel Manager
W Atlanta - Midtown

Reviewed February 7, 2014

this is a classic W hotel, decent bar/restaurant on the 2nd floor with asian fusion food. good place to stay if you are in town for business but want access to other parts of the city. good concierge service

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Hello Chris D.
Thanks for your nice review. We will definitely share your comments with our team. We do hope to see you back in Atlanta real soon.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I like the location of this hotel and have stayed there 3 times now on business trips to Atlanta. I have never written a review on trip advisor before, but feel compelled to now because so many things were wrong with my room: drywall was dinged in multiple locations... hooks and fixtures attached to the walls were falling/pulling out of the wall... furniture was damaged, missing hardware... doors were dinged, lots of greasy fingerprints everywhere... the light fixture in the bathroom was missing the glass canopy/cover and had been replaced with a paper/canvas piece... I found a boot and water bottles from previous guests in the room! I stayed for 5 nights and had agreed to the "green housekeeping option" when I checked-in which meant not DAILY towel service, but at least one cleaning while I was there. Cleaning never happened once. All this just added up to an unsatisfactory experience at a supposedly premium hotel brand.

Room Tip: Ask to see a room first.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian H
WAtlantaMidtownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Hello Brian H.
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are sorry to hear we did not execute with distinction during your visit. We would love to speak with you directly and try and rectify the shortcomings. Please email us at GMWatlanta,midtown@whotels.com. We look forward to personally working with you.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

My second stay at this hotel. I was here for a conference. The food is very good. The rooms are nice and service is good. The decor is modern. If you want a room with a tub you will need to request a room with two beds. All King rooms only have a shower. The bathroom does not have good light for putting on makeup, on a scale of 10 I would give the lighting a 4. Good work area in the room with excellent lighting for work. I had a plumbing problem in my room and maintenance come within 20 minutes to fix the problem and was pleasant. Overnight parking is significantly cheaper at the Colony Square shopping center which is attached to the hotel. You can enter the hotel directly from the parking deck if you park on the red level. Overall a nice hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
WAtlantaMidtownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Hello Justme2Georgia.
Thank you for your nice review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we do look forward to seeing you back again with us soon.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stay at this hotel twice a week monthly, for a week each stay. The location and staff are wonderful. I would like to commend Terrence at the front desk, he goes above and beyond in his quest to ensure a pleasant stay. I have never walked in and he has recognized me my name. It's the little things like this that the staff does, that sets this property apart from others I have stayed.

• Stayed: January 2014

Hello Timmyc328.
We are so thankful that you are with us and consider us your home away from home. And we love Terrence too- he truly embodies the W spirit. Thanks for the nice review and if there is anything you ever need please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly.
Lukus Kindlesparker