“A Departure from the Ordinary”
Review of W Atlanta Midtown

W Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #101 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Raleigh, North Carolina
“A Departure from the Ordinary”
Reviewed August 22, 2008

This hotel provides a very unique and neat experience. It's perfect for the 20's to 40 age group. It has a very trendy design throughout the hotel and is a nice departure from the norm. The location is convenient as well, since it's surrounded by restaurants and bars and only a short cab ride to downtown. The decorations in the guest rooms provide a very comfortable and memorable stay as well. We stayed on the 14th floor and had a nice view of midtown. We had a 40 inch flat panel high definition tv and very comfortable beds. The only complaint I would have dealt with the water pressure in the shower but you have that in a lot of hotels. When you walk in the lobby you first notice the hotel clerks are at kiosks versus the normal welcome desk. There's also always a pleasant smell when you enter thanks to the fragrance they pepper throughout the place. The bars/restaurants inside the hotel get pretty popular at night as we noticed they had a line both nights we were there.

The "Whatever/Whenever" concierge desk was very helpful. They helped us to order tickets to Six Flags while we were there and gave us their email address so that we could print them out. They also provided great advice about restaurants and bars around the area to visit. We didn't get a chance to use the pool either but it was funny when I asked where the pool was to one of the staff, he corrected me and said "oh you mean Wet." This is their official name for the pool area. We didn't buy any drinks or food from the hotel as I had read on other posts it was a bit expensive. I would definitely stay here again. But I'll probably try the other two W hotels they are building in Atlanta first. I would also suggest trying breakfast one morning at the Flying Biscuit Cafe which is close to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank packfollower

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Alpahretta
Reviewed August 18, 2008

$80.00 for breakfast for two! Give me a break - especially considering that $40 of that was tax, service and some other random charge. We won’t make that mistake again! I also noticed when I got home that the bar charged $200 to my debit card - the mistake I am told was that they ran my card as credit verses debit and that when that happens they automatically hold $200. The manager I spoke with was apologetic about it and said that it has happened before and that there is nothing that he can do - that the bank will put the money back into my account in 7 days. The big question is - would I stay here again? "Perhaps - but I would eat somewhere else for b-fast and I would pay cash for my drinks!!!"

• Liked — Updated feel and cool "W" style
  • Disliked — room service prices and bar service
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank DStran

Travelers are raving about these Atlanta hotels